Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

MrPromey

Disney has stated they want to control crowds to maintain a good guest experience. That's why annual passes are pricey and now come with a reservation system.

Was that copy/pasted from what they said about the variable date pricing at the time they rolled that out?

If not, they must have cracked open a thesaurus to swap a few words because it sounds exactly the same to me.

How did that work out for the guests, again?

You ever hear the saying "fool me once..."?

Last edited:

rkleinlein

Disney is becoming Six Flags. Look at this presentation and attention to detail

pay more and we get less - the new Di$ney all in one photo

View attachment 584116
Spot on. This really is the new Disney summed up in one photo: Sloppy, lazy, cheap, and tacky. And worse, an unintentional, in-your-face reminder that you get less and pay more for it.

As for everyone defending this by saying it's temporary and you can't expect them to change hundreds of signs overnight: Even a temporary sign change doesn't have to be this sloppy. It would not have been difficult to overlay a temporary sign in a way that you can't see the existing lettering underneath. Come on.

This is on par with the error-filled menu for the new "crēpe" (sic) restaurant. No excuses.

ImperfectPixie

Spot on. This really is the new Disney summed up in one photo: Sloppy, lazy, cheap, and tacky. And worse, an unintentional, in-your-face reminder that you get less and pay more for it.

As for everyone defending this by saying it's temporary and you can't expect them to change hundreds of signs overnight: Even a temporary sign change doesn't have to be this sloppy. It would not have been difficult to overlay a temporary sign in a way that you can't see the existing lettering underneath. Come on.

This is on par with the error-filled menu for the new "crēpe" (sic) restaurant. No excuses.
Yep...that's what thin acrylic and double-stick tape are for...temporary overlays. This would never have flown at the shop I worked at...and my boss at the time made Disney look like a spendthrift. This is just plain lazy.

jpinkc

You do realize they expect to charge as much as $25 per ride for some of the top tier stuff that's excluded under the current plan, right?
I dont think it will be that cheap. I think your underestimating the GREED of the current TWDC leadership. I think it could go as high as $50 or maybe more since we think they will use a Surge Pricing model for this. I think it will start at $25.

MrPromey

I dont think it will be that cheap. I think your underestimating the GREED of the current TWDC leadership. I think it could go as high as $50 or maybe more since we think they will use a Surge Pricing model for this. I think it will start at $25.
If they're successful, I imagine it'll grow to something like that but I'm pretty sure I read (probably on this site) that to roll out, the price estimate was between $8-$25 depending on the day and demand...

$25 for a family of four would still be $100 for attractions that in some cases, are less than four minutes long (let that sink in) but I'm sure if they sell briskly, we'll see the upper limit rise sharply.

ImperfectPixie

If they're successful, I imagine it'll grow to something like that but I'm pretty sure I read (probably on this site) that to roll out, the price estimate was between $8-$25 depending on the day and demand...

$25 for a family of four would still be $100 for attractions that in some cases, are less than four minutes long (let that sink in) but I'm sure if they sell briskly, we'll see the upper limit rise sharply.
Anyone who thinks $100 for 4 minutes of distraction is reasonable is doing some serious drugs or drinking.

EPCOT-O.G.

I saw rickklein's logo and it made me think of our friend WDWPro, who often had some insight or editorializing on rumors like this. I tried to look him up on here and there's scant reference to him anymore, and googling his user online also shows a paucity where once there was a lot of stuff. He did exist, right? I'm not being gaslit, am I?

havoc315

Let's look at something important inherent in your statement:

"If successful"... "if they sell briskly"

The argument about G+/LL from many people keeps making two contradictory assumptions:
1 -- It's way too expensive, $100 for a family of 4 for a 4-minute experience!
2 -- Everyone will buy it!

Even if the day of free paper FP, not everyone went through the hassle of grabbing a FP and returning later.. plenty of people just got on the 30-60 minute standby line, despite the availability of free fastpasses.

It is indeed pretty expensive for a short duration ride, especially for larger families. There will indeed be free spenders who have no hesitation to spend $100 to skip a 20 minute line.
But most people will look at the line, look at the value of the ride, look at the value of skipping the line...

What this all means: "If they sell briskly" -- It means that lots of people find it fairly priced. Frankly, if it wasn't worth the price, few people would buy it.
And if it is indeed vastly overpriced, then there will be very few takers.

Ayla

Do you have a link to the new menu?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom