Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
So was MK's Jungle Cruise supposed to get the Piranha Pool addition? The skippers allude to it when referencing the new Quick Bites scene. Seems a missed opportunity for sure. Why go through all of that effort of building the pun-heavy QS restaurant hut and then not have the piranhas to back up the gag? The joke is lost without causality. The vacant hut is just one-half of the joke.

Was it cut or just not even considered for WDW? There's a "50th" addition worth adding.

Last edited:

celluloid

So was MK's Jungle Cruise supposed to get the Piranha Pool addition? The skippers allude to it when referencing the new Quick Bites scene. Seems a missed opportunity for sure. Why go through all of that effort of building the pun-heavy QS restaurant hut and then not have the piranhas to back up the gag? The joke is lost without causality. The vacant hut is just one-half of the joke.

Was it cut or just not even considered for WDW? There's a "50th" addition worth adding.

No. The reference to a piranha is just a set up for a pun as far as I have ever known from the writing coming up with new jokes for the scene.

GimpYancIent

No. The reference to a piranha is just a set up for a pun as far as I have ever known from the writing coming up with new jokes for the scene.
Can always hope some imaginEar will get a lightbulb turn on moment and do what needs to be done to have a piranha pool installed along the course of the attraction (even if its just some bubbling / splashing water) an let the skippers set the scene.

celluloid

Can always hope some imaginEar will get a lightbulb turn on moment and do what needs to be done to have a piranha pool installed along the course of the attraction (even if its just some bubbling / splashing water) an let the skippers set the scene.

Hope is great. And unlike the Jungle Cruise boats, it floats. The scene would be kind of stealing the set up for everyone missing due to Monty across the way, but I would take any plussing at this point. In my opinion they could have done the Pirannah's with some impact after the sinking boat from Hippo gag instead of another primate take over scene. This would have made it seem like if our boat sinks we are also in big trouble if we were to meet the same fate of a sinking boat.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

I feel like this is yet another example of WDI doing something because they know Disneyland has it and then either forgets or doesn't care that MK is different.

LittleBuford

Anybody know why the monkey statue in the temple was replaced by a snake statue? Was the monkey statue deemed an offensive caricature of a real religion? Or does the snake tie into the new storyline better?
It bore a resemblance to Hindu and Buddhist religious statues. I’m not sure if that’s why it was replaced, but that would be my guess.

FigmentJedi

Anybody know why the monkey statue in the temple was replaced by a snake statue? Was the monkey statue deemed an offensive caricature of a real religion? Or does the snake tie into the new storyline better?
It was just a regular statue of Hanuman, the Hindu monkey god. The Ganesha statue got the axe over at Disneyland too. Either an effort to distance the attraction from any real religion or something related to how depictions of Hanuman vary across the countries within Hinduism's sphere of influence, though picking a snake specifically as the replacement seems more like an attempt at Disneyland to better tie the temple ruins to the Temple of the Forbidden Eye and they just ended up making two snakes.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Some more photos from the new murals, props and portraits in the entrance area.

Jungle Cruise entrance area details, murals and portraits​

Jungle-Cruise_Full_43820.jpg

LittleBuford

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom