Say NO To Genie+ PETITION

thomas998

i agree with this man.

what angers me most its that now there is 0 incentive to stay in a disney hotel.

Which isn't a bad thing. Staying in non-Disney hotels is cheaper and you get more for your money. We used to stay in the monorail hotels on most trips when the kids were little because it was very convenient. I don't see any reason to stay in any of the Disney hotels now. We used to be able to convince ourselves that at least we were getting free parking out of the deal but not even that happens now.

Chicken Guy

In London and Paris some public toilets are pay to go. It hasn't come to WDW yet.
I know you jest, but for the record that is only to both collect a small bit of revenue for what I would hope covers maintenance costs for a public service, and it also prevents people from loitering inside the restrooms for extended periods of time. By comparison, a Disney park already charges for admission, whereas a city doesn’t.

John park hopper

Some Disney bean counter will sit down and calculate the cost of each toilet flush, amount of toilet paper used, hand soap and cost of cleaning staff and find it is a large business expense. A business expense they can recoup with pay toilets. Don't say never when it comes to Disney making money.

the-reason14

There's no need for any petition. Just don't buy the Genie+. It doesn't include popular rides anyway, and what it does include have little or no wait to start with. It's better to use your Genie+ money to pay for popular rides instead, and then just wait in the standby line the rest of the time. When the parks are full, most Genie+ options will be taken, so you bought it for nothing. When the parks are slow, most rides have little wait, so again you bought Genie+ for nothing. Genie+ is only useful for that Goldilock park attendance when it's not too full, not too empty. And that's going to be different for each park and each part of day.

The only fastpasses worth paying for are the ones Disney sell individually. And that's why Disney will sell those individually. The Genie+ is just to get money out of newbies who aren't familiar with the rides.

This makes sense but from my understanding it seems you will have to buy into the genie+ to even be eligible to buy the other attractions. I could be wrong but if that were the case then that makes a bit more sense. If you can actually see with your own eyes that Space Mountain is a ridiculous wait right now, and you want to ride it right right now and are willing to just pay the $$ to get on it, then that is “better.” The way I read into it though, you’d have to pay the $15 to unlock genie+ then any additional selections you want, specifically the top tier rides you’d have to pay extra.

Chi84

Premium Member
This makes sense but from my understanding it seems you will have to buy into the genie+ to even be eligible to buy the other attractions. I could be wrong but if that were the case then that makes a bit more sense. If you can actually see with your own eyes that Space Mountain is a ridiculous wait right now, and you want to ride it right right now and are willing to just pay the $$ to get on it, then that is “better.” The way I read into it though, you’d have to pay the $15 to unlock genie+ then any additional selections you want, specifically the top tier rides you’d have to pay extra.
You don’t have to buy Genie+ to buy the top tier attractions. It’s in the news articles on this site discussing Disney Genie.

Hcalvert

My plan of action:
1. Let my annual pass expire
2. Buy universal annual (hubby has been bugging me to do it anyway since he has one)
3. Focus on Disney Cruise Line
4. Go to the after hours parties/events next year and get my fix. I’d rather pay 150 dollars for those hours than pay an annual plus have to pay to not have an hour long wait for everything.

That’s how I’m feeling right now anyway.
We feel the same way. With no AP discounts for Genie+ and amongst other dwindling AP perks, we are not renewing. Finally, my husband and I are going to spend our money on European vacations (actually I just want to buy a property and visit it) instead of going to Disney at all. He's a Brit, my cousin is in Germany for the next three years working at an Air Force base, and we have friends all over Europe to visit that we haven't seen in years. We're both employed in the education field, so we have about 8-10 weeks we can travel each summer. I am looking forward to leaving the mouse behind and going for new adventures.

91JLovesDisney

Quite honestly this is basically the same as maxpass in dl. Slightly higher cost and obviously the additional cost of the tier one rides. But just like with maxpass; you don't have to use it. Personally, I will get the genie+ but I won't be paying extra for the tier 1 rides.
No. Disney needs to know that it's not okay to do stuff like this. First they removed free MagicBands, they used the pandemic as an excuse to close/remove other experiences, and now this? No, too far. If they don't change their mind we at least need to be heard. It's not a secret Genie hasn't received well among fans.

GimpYancIent

Stand by folk's the latest rumor Disney is assuring this is not the actual final Genie package that the actual package will be different. Keep the pressure on peeps the latest 87% thumbs down rating Genie just received has made the giant blink.

Father Robinson

Great! The petition will make its numbers, people in charge will see it. Then the same thing will happen like every other petition... Not a gosh darn thing.
Like the one to save Splash Mountain.
Unless I'm slightly mistaken, it had about hundreds more signatures than the one to change it.

thomas998

Sure, if they concurrently go back to the old $1.50 park admission, too!
Oh that might be possibe if the new pricing was E-ticket rides $25, D-ticket $20, C-ticket $15, B-ticket $10, and A-ticket $5.... They would probably manage to average a bit more than they do right now on their current pricing plan... I would expect they gave you free admission to the park with the purchase of X number of tickets. Of course they would probably not be A thru E tickets and would be specific rides and knowing Disney the E-ticket level rides would probalby start at 25 for the older ones and go up to 30 or 40 for the newest and most popular ones. As a stockholder I would love it, as a visitor I wouldn't... but unfortunately there would still be enough people going that it wouldn't matter if lots of people hated it and didn't go Disney seems to have a large number of visitors that are pretty much going no matter what.

solidyne

Actually, some people might like this. The grandparents or chaperones who don't "do any rides," the folks like me who enjoy just strolling and dining, and even some others just might find benefit. They could really "retro" it up with virtual representations of the old ticket book on your phone. That'd give "e-ticket" a new meaning!

Ultimately, I'd give it a thumbs down, but it interesting to think about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom