Say NO To Genie+ PETITION

bcoachable

It was an hour at a single park. Because it was a single park, on-site guests went to that day's park in disproportionate numbers, making it more crowded than it otherwise would have been.

I think 30 minutes at every park every day is an upgrade.
Why not make it an hour for every park instead? (The answers to this question are what’s wrong with the company at the current moment)

bcoachable

Question is what is the alternative?
Someone is going to be unhappy no matter what.
Might as well give it a chance or speak via your wallet.
The option would have been to construct more experiences back in 2006- but that investment was shot down in order to install the infrastructure for the original FP addition ( sold as a way to disperse the crowds). Possibly this was Disney’s plan all along?

Mickey5150

I love that this is a day of system instead of the "60 days out make 50 fast passes while trying to get ready for work and praying all the passes line up with ADRs" system it is replacing. I can still wait in line and as a resort guest I get in 30 minutes early every day which basically guarantees getting on the major no virtual queue rides every time. If I've missed some experiences earlier in my trip I can just pay for access.

GimpYancIent

Why not make it an hour for every park instead? (The answers to this question are what’s wrong with the company at the current moment)
The whole 30 minute head start for on property resort guests is an insult, a joke, ridiculous and incentive for guests to look at staying off property at less cost for comparable if not better accommodations. An hour or two for on property resort guests (no ignoring off property guests sliding in) would be an incentive. Being able to set up fast passes up to 60 days ahead of a visit, yes, I hate on the fly, rush rush setting up of an itinerary. If I want on the fly, New York minute, face stuck in my phone and high stress I will just stay home already have that at less cost.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
The whole 30 minute head start for on property resort guests is an insult, a joke, ridiculous and incentive for guests to look at staying off property at less cost for comparable if not better accommodations. An hour or two for on property resort guests (no ignoring off property guests sliding in) would be an incentive. Being able to set up fast passes up to 60 days ahead of a visit, yes, I hate on the fly, rush rush setting up of an itinerary. If I want on the fly, New York minute, face stuck in my phone and high stress I will just stay home already have that at less cost.

What if they were to offer free park hopping for resort stay? That'd be the better incentive. Not sure why they nixed EMH's though. Still seems an odd choice. Unless, they're just wanting an even playing field for test purposes and then once they collect enough data they'll slowly roll out more.

GimpYancIent

What if they were to offer free park hopping for resort stay? That'd be the better incentive. Not sure why they nixed EMH's though. Still seems an odd choice. Unless, they're just wanting an even playing field for test purposes and then once they collect enough data they'll slowly roll out more.
Nice! Hard to beat an hour or two head start for on property guests though. Just have to kick off an early breakfast opportunity at the various resorts eateries. At minimum NEED COFFEE! Can not start a day at Disney on an empty stomach.

John park hopper

I'm curious --how much can you ride in 30 minutes --I agree it is an insult. Just keep the parks open late at night like they used too for resort guests

ToTBellHop

I have an exclusive video of TDO dealing with all these petitions.

1629556401668.gif

EdnaMode

Fear not, dahling, my new Edna+ app is coming soon. For just $14/day/guest in Florida and only $19/day/guest at California, I'll personally entertain you in the standby line of my choice at a time convenient to me. Just like previous versions that get you into attractions quickly but now providing more of the hotter waits and longer lines that guests love. Free MODE+ service in Florida ensures guests there will have no annoying free photography. Perfect for early risers - my booking app will be open daily 6am-6:59am.

Sign up soon. Or later. It doesn't matter, because with my new UnlimitedCapacity+ feature, there's unlimited capacity!

It will be crazy. Useless! More money for me!

Dave B

The incentive to stay in a disney hotel is high enough that you likely don't even need Genie+
What incentive, they took them all away? What are you thinking are the incentives to stay in a hotel more than the 30 minute early entry? The $$$ to Park? The lack of Housekeeping? The long bus waits? I am curious to hear your perspective?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Fear not, dahling, my new Edna+ app is coming soon. For just $14/day/guest in Florida and only $19/day/guest at California, I'll personally entertain you in the standby line of my choice at a time convenient to me. Just like previous versions that get you into attractions quickly but now providing more of the hotter waits and longer lines that guests love. Free MODE+ service in Florida ensures guests there will have no annoying free photography. Perfect for early risers - my booking app will be open daily 6am-6:59am.

Sign up soon. Or later. It doesn't matter, because with my new UnlimitedCapacity+ feature, there's unlimited capacity!

It will be crazy. Useless! More money for me!
Is there an upcharge for capes ?

LovePop

There's no need for any petition. Just don't buy the Genie+. It doesn't include popular rides anyway, and what it does include have little or no wait to start with. It's better to use your Genie+ money to pay for popular rides instead, and then just wait in the standby line the rest of the time. When the parks are full, most Genie+ options will be taken, so you bought it for nothing. When the parks are slow, most rides have little wait, so again you bought Genie+ for nothing. Genie+ is only useful for that Goldilock park attendance when it's not too full, not too empty. And that's going to be different for each park and each part of day.

The only fastpasses worth paying for are the ones Disney sell individually. And that's why Disney will sell those individually. The Genie+ is just to get money out of newbies who aren't familiar with the rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom