Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

SpaceMountain77

The $15 will cover certain, but not all, attractions and allow you to select a time to enter the Lightning Lane (what a stupid name, BTW).

FastPass and FastPass+ are unacceptable because there is no use of an IP tie-in. To make this product more timeless, more relevant, more family, and more Disney, it is necessary to use Lightning McQueen. Remember those "I'm with the Band" t-shirts when MagicBands were launched? I am sure there is Lightning Lane merchandise, branded with Lightning McQueen, waiting in stockrooms, ready to hit the racks and shelves.

MrPromey

Exactly what we will be doing. Cancelled 2 dining reservations today to opt for more $$$ for fastpass. Probably cut way back on disney merchandise too. They gotta take more we gotta give up more.
So now they'll have those seats open for someone else who will pay for both but previously missed out on snagging those reservations - see how this is largely still a win for Disney?

Sucks for us but the interests of Disney as a company have been out of alignment with the interests of their guests for decades. The only thing that's changed seems to be their recent lack of desire to be in any way subtle about that point.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think Kilimanjaro Safaris as an upcharge would be a big PR mistake. I understand it could handle it from a capacity standpoint, but for me a more logical list would be:

MK - Mine Train, Space Mountain
EP - Remy, Test Track (or Frozen Ever After)
DHS - Rise of the Resistance, SDD
DAK - FoP, Everest or Na'vi River Journey
Not sure about safari…If only because of the capacity it eats…

but here’s what I got:
The mountains and dopey train in mk (4)…maybe jungle cruise (Coincidence?)….tron

Epcot: frozen, soarin, rat and test track…then guardians

mgm: rockin, tower, the farce awakens, dinky dog

Dak: Everest, Navi, FOP

SarahWI

So they get 2 bookable in advance. Which is essentially Genie+, possibly they’ll be able to book the headliners too for free.

My reading of the second point is that they don’t need to physically go to each ride. But the return times they get given will be based on the standby times. Nothing says they’ll get a LL return time as if booking on Genie+.

Disney only need to make equal provision, they don’t need to give greater provision under the DAS.
I guess I interpreted it as the 2 prebooked rides were free and the self booked times would be the Genie+ times not the standby times. If that is all free, it sounds like a greater provision to me not an equal one.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
OK so say I want to ride, ohh..... Big Thunder Mountain, without paying to do so, will that ride still have standby ? will any of the biggest rides Test Track, Any of the Mountains, Tron, MMRR, Star Tours, ToT, or Rise still have boarding groups {for Rise} or basic standby ?
As far as we know now, everything will have at least one fully free option (standby or boarding group).

Figgy1

Premium Member
I guess I interpreted it as the 2 prebooked rides were free and the self booked times would be the Genie+ times not the standby times. If that is all free, it sounds like a greater provision to me not an equal one.
It's 2 prebooked rides then additional rides booked using current wait times as your return time

tagoofy

So, you pay $15 + some undetermined amount to be able to do at the current ticket prices (actually not as much since you are capped at 2 tier 1?)
Yep, this is exactly answering the executive question of "How can we raise ticket prices 15+% without LOOKING LIKE we are raising ticket prices?"

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom