Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Any hints or flavors of this in the announcements? Honestly this was a nice component of max pass.
No details but there has to be a component similar to this. If you book a reservation at noon for 5PM because that’s the next time available they can’t shut you out of the system until you use the reservation. That’s not going to be popular for $15. I think it will be similar to maxpass, but I will warn everyone I know nothing for certain, just my guess.

MrPromey

So onsite folks will be able to get up at 7, get their first pass included with the $15/day Genie+, then purchase two of the highest demand rides, then get in the park at rope drop, and ride possibly two of the highest demand rides ... all before offsite folks can get in and get any Genie passes. Then those folks who stay in Deluxe can stay late (without any Lightning Passes needed?). Sounds like a pretty big perk for onsite folks who like to get up early and stay late.

And just think, they didn't even have to provide anything new (other than the app to manage it all) to "create" this perk!

Pure Disney Magic™

UNCgolf

Quite frankly I actually think this is better then I had thought it would be. It’s relatively low priced, when you compare it to the equivalent at Universal. Only difference with Universal is you don’t need to book your Fastpass time.

Also at Universal you can get off the ride and immediately get back on. The Universal version (specifically the unlimited one) is significantly better, but that's why it costs far more.

That's also why getting it included with a room at their top end resorts is such a steal compared to Disney deluxe resorts.

DisneyDreamer08

What stresses me out is this seems to add more time looking at your phone and potentially, more time zigzagging the park. With the previous system, I could rope drop ride A, and then schedule my next three fast passes close by or at least in a way that I was walking in a continuous direction. Now it will schedule ride A, ride, look at phone, ride B is either on the other side of the park now, or this ride is closer but the time is two hours away. Book it, fiddle on phone. Ride, look at phone, ride look at phone. Repeat all day 🤦🏻‍♀️

stairstepmom

On the off chance that anyone who actually works for Disney in any capacity of importance views this, just posting to say that’s it for our family.

We have 9 kids and have spent most of our vacation dollars at WDW - 5 big family trips, 2 couples trips, 4 solo trips in the last 8 years. All on property and mostly deluxe. We were planning our next big adventure for May 2022 and I am done. The budget was $35k and even that is insanity. I’ve canceled our reservations.

The quality has gone down while the prices have gone up and the perks have disappeared. Meanwhile the crowds keep coming while a fifth gate seems never to be. I know there will be other people to replace us but Disney has been such a part of our lives and my kids’ childhoods…it’s hard not to feel not just disappointed but betrayed.

For $20k we can spend 8 days in Japan (11 people!!) with 2 days at TDR but honestly, I’m not sure I want to help line anymore Disney pockets.

I’m tired of the “it’s a business” argument - just because you can charge something doesn’t mean you have to. Corporate/shareholder greed has commodified happiness in a way that is beyond shameful and while we could afford the extra $3k in Lightning and extra pay-per-ride costs, at this point it’s a matter of principle.

We have $4k in Disney gift cards right now and I think I’ll give them to a financially less fortunate family member who would otherwise never, ever be able to go.

pixarprincess

No details but there has to be a component similar to this. If you book a reservation at noon for 5PM because that’s the next time available they can’t shut you out of the system until you use the reservation. That’s not going to be popular for $15. I think it will be similar to maxpass, but I will warn everyone I know nothing for certain, just my guess.
That is how maxpass works…

You can get in standby but you can’t pick up another pass until you use it

Patcheslee

This makes sense. Is anyone paying for Test Track? Once Guardians of the Universe of Energy opens then maybe back to 2. For AK the Safari doesn’t get long waits most days so makes no sense to pay for a fast pass.
I could see Safari being included due to the lack of height requirements, or maybe Navi.

RSoxNo1

They will have two available at each park. I agree with TP list, but we will see how it pans out.
I think Kilimanjaro Safaris as an upcharge would be a big PR mistake. I understand it could handle it from a capacity standpoint, but for me a more logical list would be:

MK - Mine Train, Space Mountain
EP - Remy, Test Track (or Frozen Ever After)
DHS - Rise of the Resistance, SDD
DAK - FoP, Everest or Na'vi River Journey

nickys

Premium Member
The assumption is DAS will be free while Genie+ will be paid....
I disagree. This is from the WDWMagic article: (my numbering)

1. Guests will be able to register for the service via video chat up to 30 days before arrival and will be able to select 2 experience per day via the DAS Advance planning option.

2. In addition, once at the park, instead of of having to physically go to an experience or to a kiosk to obtain a return time from a Cast Member, Guests registered in the DAS program (and their party members) will be able to make return time selections right from the My Disney Experience app during the day of a park visit.

So they get 2 bookable in advance. Which is essentially Genie+, possibly they’ll be able to book the headliners too for free.

My reading of the second point is that they don’t need to physically go to each ride. But the return times they get given will be based on the standby times. Nothing says they’ll get a LL return time as if booking on Genie+.

Disney only need to make equal provision, they don’t need to give greater provision under the DAS.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
But by morning…most will pivot and start looking for the justification to pay
DeafeningScientificBooby-size_restricted.gif

Release the paid social media shills.

dreday3

I think Kilimanjaro Safaris as an upcharge would be a big PR mistake. I understand it could handle it from a capacity standpoint, but for me a more logical list would be:

MK - Mine Train, Space Mountain
EP - Remy, Test Track (or Frozen Ever After)
DHS - Rise of the Resistance, SDD
DAK - FoP, Everest or Na'vi River Journey

Too bad they closed Primeval Whirl - I would have paid big bucks for that.

(seriously though, I loved that ride :D )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom