Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

CaptainAmerica

If this is a one at a time reservation, what is the advantage of the 7am booking time for onsite guests? I wouldn't be able to reserve an attraction at a peak time, because that will limit and successive reservations until after that reservation has been used.

The idea would be to start using the lighting service and get the earliest reservation possible, to maximize the amount that can be used? Similiar to the 4th fast pass idea. Am I missing something?
You're not trying to book "peak time," you're trying to book 9am.

dreday3

Yes, welcome to the internet where no complaining is allowed. “Just Don’t Go!”™

oh my god, that's not what I said. :rolleyes: (you like to get mad, don't you!)

Complain all you want! I'm saying they aren't going to change it.

Either people will go or they won't.

We want to go, so we'll deal with it.

CaptainAmerica

This isn't 2000.

Disney loves to rave about MaxPass attach rates because they broke that old model about low user-adoption. With self-service in the app.. buy anytime.. just add your credit card.. it's low friction and low price. Everyone buys it because no one wants to be without any FPs.

That's why people said it's basically a ticket price increase... because it's true, virtually everyone will pay. Maybe not on day one, but by day 2? It's gonna happen.

Literally for the price of buying everyone a stupid ice cream bar you'll be in shorter lines for the day.

Make it rain Bob... Make it rain.
Anaheim guests and Orlando guests are not the same.

Parker in NYC

oh my god, that's not what I said. :rolleyes:

Complain all you want! I'm saying they aren't going to change it.

Either people will go or they won't.

We want to go, so we'll deal with it.
Thank you, Captain Obvious. So… let’s all just stop replying. Nothing else to see here or discuss.

No, they wont discriminate against US dollars for a total of an extra $150 per person for the 10 days.

For those of you who are angered by this, please write to guest relations and let them know.
How can we do it? I would like to complain. I have changed my reservation twice due to the fact that I live in Europe. I had a price with Disney Dining Plan and when I come back next year I will have to pay 2000 $ extra if I have to take into account new DDP and FP. This is not normal

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
but how long will standbys still be around , I think they are moving in a direction to rid of them, if not all, then certainly the many.. thats what this feels like,,eventually requiring you to pay to ride anything. will see how far they go with this, right now it all sounds like a big mess thanks to a greedy out of control ceo.
Standby isn't going away. Just like they existed with FP+, they'll exist with Genie+$.

CJR

It's funny how Tier 1 is only limited to two rides at each park, per the source. Really, KS doesn't need to be, the line doesn't warrant it, RnRC could maybe qualify. Also, maybe, FEA, depends on the day. At MK, there are days that the longest line goes to Splash Mountain. If this is about profit, they would be wise to move t1 attractions around, based on demand for the day.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I'm surprised there arn't more Robin Williams comments in here about how upset he'd be or something. There was a few in the other thread.

When you know the whole story about why Robin was hesitant to do the character in the first place, how Disney went against just about ALL of his relatively easy requirements, and why Robin ultimately walked away from doing the first sequal... yeah, he would have been ed to see his character used this way...

MrPromey

Interestingly enough, Disney is limiting it to two attractions per day. So at least there might be more availability for everyone who's willing to pay. I was expecting unlimited if one could afford it.

Unlimited would break the system because there would be a group of people that would buy them up for every attraction, doing some more than once.

That would leave nothing open for other people also willing to pay giving them only the option of waiting in line which would generate complaints from people otherwise willing to spend.

With this, on most days, that means the only thing preventing you from riding 7DMT is not being willing to pay on top of your ticket and the $15 for Genie+ that you already presumably had to shell out for which means if you don't get to do it, it's your "fault" and not Disney's - nice, eh?

havoc315

Same here. I think I still prefer the idea of having it all handled beforehand.

Book beforehand …. And it is pouring on the day that you planned Animal Kingdom. Or, your family loved Splash Mountain so much, they want another go without a line later in the week.

You can still make your own plan 200 days in advance. But you actually book it on your park day. This is fantastic — allows far more spontaneity. You don’t need to be locked in to an entire plan 2 months in advance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom