Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
And just a day later, they are up, with a new record again…😢

If I’m looking at the tweets right it looks like hospitalizations dropped 110 on 8/15 but then went up 26 today so not sure how it’s an all time record. Wouldn‘t the total still be 84 less than 2 days ago? Looks like on 8/15 the total dropped 110 to 15,630 which would mean the total on 8/14 was 15,740 and today went up 26 to 15,656.

BrianLo

Hey look at that another day of declining transmission. If you have a trip upcoming in September or October please don’t let the media influence your decision. Instead look at the raw data and follow the science.

That's a bit like standing in the eyewall of a hurricane and celebrating it is now safe because the hurricane is leaving.

It is leaving (maybe), but it won't be safe for a protracted period of time. Generally 6-8 weeks+ (assuming this follows other countries, longer if it mimics other US waves).

If the Rt is 10 and there are 100 cases or the Rt is 1 and there are 20000 cases your risk is still 20-fold in the second scenario than the first. Rt is an indicator of acceleration or deceleration, but right now we are at peak velocity.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Make the closed off Disney Springs building an E sports arena competition building and watch thousands of gamers pack the attraction day and night. These gamers are fanatical of all things gaming. If you make the place 24/7, serious gamers play around the clock even eating their meals while playing. I believe Disney Quest was even open 9am - 1 am back in the day. That place was awesome.
Maybe Chuck E. Cheese can replace NBA Experience because Chuck E. Cheese's was appeal to the kids and family.

disneygeek90

I was enjoying my first vacation in a while taking off Friday and Monday when my boss called me on Friday. The coworker that I had been trying to talk into getting vaccinated for MONTHS tested positive, and I was in close contact earlier in the week. Now I need to either have a negative test to come back to the office, or wait until 8/23.

The whole thing is super annoying since I had multiple discussions with her over the past few months, and then it finally happened. I’ve been with fully vaccinated friends all weekend but when I got that call, we pulled to Walgreens for some home tests. So far I’ve taken 3, all negative. I’ll probably get tested at work tomorrow, but I’ll also probably wfh because there’s now been multiple cases in my department.
Back in FL now, first thing I did was go get tested at Econ Soccer Complex. Rapid test was negative, and I have no symptoms. Now that it’s been 7 days since exposure (a meeting in a room where she routinely dropped her mask for a decent amount of time), I feel like I’m in the clear. It’s almost like vaccines work or something.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes

Also other news:

Damn you, Delta variant. You've could've kill kids (5-11) during recent COVID-19 surge. I hope Delta variant current wave will be ending by end of September or October. All kids (5-11) should be getting a vaccine by October or November/December soon. Also Sing 2 is about to release during Christmas season, don't ya think the current wave will be ended before December as the kids are vaccinating as possible before the future variants is getting worse. Is Macy's Thanksgiving Parade will be back to normal or same as last year?

Lilofan

Back in FL now, first thing I did was go get tested at Econ Soccer Complex. Rapid test was negative, and I have no symptoms. Now that it’s been 7 days since exposure (a meeting in a room where she routinely dropped her mask for a decent amount of time), I feel like I’m in the clear. It’s almost like vaccines work or something.
Good news! Now kick back relax because it's Miller Time!🍻

Lilofan

My travels today have been Flight > Covid Test > Hollywood Studios 🍻
Interested in getting the Regenron cocktail? At Orlando's Camping World Stadium they are seeing 320 people per day 7 days a week, appt only. DeSantis of FL is encouraging people to take it. More Regeneron cocktail clinics are expected to open all over Florida according to media.

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes

Also other news:

Damn you, Delta variant. You've could've kill kids (5-11) during recent COVID-19 surge. I hope Delta variant current wave will be ending by end of September or October. All kids (5-11) should be getting a vaccine by October or November/December soon. Also Sing 2 is about to release during Christmas season, don't ya think the current wave will be ended before December as the kids are vaccinating as possible before the future variants is getting worse. Is Macy's Thanksgiving Parade will be back to normal or same as last year?
Yeah I think I wish the current wave aka Delta variant will ending very soon I can think booster vaccines to only way to stop future variants. As anti-vaxxers can learning about vaccine as they will getting vaccinated by end of the year or early 2022.

Lilofan

I think it was a short sighted decision to build it in the first place. With COVID still around, it was an opportunity to fold on an idea that was not very popular and overpriced.
Disney Springs keeps looking for ways to make the area more family friendly day and night. It has come a long way from the days of nightly drunkenness and debauchery of the adults only Pleasure Island.

DCBaker

Premium Member
News release from the NPS -

"National Park Service implements national mask requirement

Date: August 16, 2021

WASHINGTON – Following the latest science and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the National Park Service (NPS) is immediately requiring visitors, employees and contractors to wear a mask inside all NPS buildings and in crowded outdoor spaces, regardless of vaccination status or community transmission levels.

“Visitors to national parks are coming from locations across the country, if not across the world. Because of this, and recognizing that the majority of the United States is currently in substantial or high transmission categories, we are implementing a service-wide mask requirement to ensure our staff and visitors’ safety,” said NPS Deputy Director Shawn Benge.

This requirement will be in effect until further notice and applies to all NPS buildings and public transportation systems. It also applies to outdoors spaces where physical distancing cannot be maintained, such as narrow or busy trails and overlooks.

“Being vaccinated is the most effective way to protect yourself and your loved ones from the dangers of the coronavirus. Masking in addition to being vaccinated will help prevent the spread of new variants and protect those who are more at risk of severe disease. This simple act of kindness allows us to be safe while we continue to enjoy the benefits of our national parks,” said Capt. Maria Said, MD, an epidemiologist in the NPS Office of Public Health and a member of the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps."

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So the CDC numbers for the weekend for FL are published. Small decrease from last weekend but who knows if the numbers are actually correct. National numbers way down too but must be a lack of reporting. No way we dropped to 41,000 cases :)
B80F2DB8-534B-4C51-9DE9-3F757689F91F.png

hopemax

Disney Springs keeps looking for ways to make the area more family friendly day and night. It has come a long way from the days of nightly drunkenness and debauchery of the adults only Pleasure Island.
The nightly drunkenness has been relocated to Epcot. So probably some debauchery too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom