The Imaginarium - Discussion Thread

tcool123

Original Poster
logo-png.578475

The Imaginarium is a legacy competition that has history expanding far back into the forum's history with ties to The Imagineer and shockingly enough So You Want to be an Imagineer, which at the time was hosted on a whole different website. Now that a decade has passed since the Imaginarium first started, and now it is time to reenter the realm of the Imaginarium and restore imagination to the world!

- Gameplay -

Imagineers will be set into teams dependent on how many players sign up for the competition. The minimum amount of players needed for the competition will be eight, and the maximum will be twelve players. Teams will have on average a week or so to complete the challenge brought towards them, and satisfy the criteria for each challenge. Challenges will explore different aspects of the theme park experience including attractions, dining, lodging, merchandising, entertainment all while being open ended enough to allow for players to allow their creativity to flow. Players will expect to visit theme parks located at the Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Florida Resort, Disneyland Resort, and a few other surprises around the world. While this may seem daunting each challenge has been designed to allow for plenty of fun to be had by players to ensure of a slew of ideas and a flurry of all of your wonderful ideas.

Eliminations will be handled in a way different from the rest of the competitions that have occurred so far in the Platinum Celebration. The losing team's chief imagineer and the two bottom players chosen by said chief imagineer face the chopping block for each challenge. The entire losing team will then vote on who to send home from those in the bottom three taking into account all of the factors such as the chief imagineer possibly dropping the ball with leadership, or perhaps one of the other two imagineers really messed up in what they were supposed to do for the project. This elimination method causes this competition to focus on a mix of both Imagineering and strategy. This strategy can take form in different ways from forming alliances and pacts to taking into account the track record for each player for the elimination. The elimination period will last until every player sends in their vote or for 24 hours whichever occurs first. Voting for the eliminated player will occur after the results for each challenge comes out, and the votes must be sent in via a one on one PM that will be set up with the Imaginarium's host, @tcool123 .

This elimination style may seem threatening to some, but that is where the final component of the gameplay comes well into play! After each main challenge players will have the option to individually submit into an OPTIONAL immunity challenge that will be as complex as something out of the most recent One Sentence Competition. The immunity challenges will be posted in the main thread of the competition, but they must be submitted into the one on one PM that players to cast their votes. Immunity Challenges will open after the main challenge ends allowing for all players to submit an idea, and the Immunity Challenge will end when the voting period ends. Players who win immunity will find out if they won when all the votes are tallied and announced.

- Types of Challenges -

Standard Challenges
Standard challenges will be whole new prompts created for this competition. They can vary in scope and size, but will focus on teamwork alongside inspiring players to let their creativity flow through fun and unique prompts. Challenges will be due at 10 PM EST.

REDUX Challenges
First introduced in the most recent season of the One Sentence Competition, REDUX Challenges allow for prompts that have occurred quite some time ago to be revisited with a fresh new set of eyes. In a twist of the REDUX challenge occasionally players will actually add onto the ideas that were presented in that particular competition and challenge. Players can expect the following competitions to be REDUXED: The Imagineer, WED99's Think Different Challenge, Around the World in 80 Days, and other surprises yet to be unveiled! Challenges will be due at 10 PM EST.

Immunity Challenges
Immunity Challenges will open after the main challenge ends allowing for all players to submit an idea, and the Immunity Challenge will end when the voting period ends. Immunity Challenges will have a two sentence and one image maximum for submissions unless otherwise noted in the challenge rules. Players who win immunity will find out if they won when all the votes are tallied and announced.

August 31st - September 2nd

- Start Date -

September 3rd

Last edited:

tcool123

Original Poster
Question of the Day

Welcome one and all to the official Imaginarium Hype Thread Question of the Day! Given that the Imaginarium is a celebreation of both classic and new Imagineering competitions, our first question of the day is simply: what has been your favorite Imagineering competition? This can simply be the one you participated in, hosted, judged, or merely observed!

Disney Warrior

Question of the Day

Welcome one and all to the official Imaginarium Hype Thread Question of the Day! Given that the Imaginarium is a celebreation of both classic and new Imagineering competitions, our first question of the day is simply: what has been your favorite Imagineering competition? This can simply be the one you participated in, hosted, judged, or merely observed!
Although I probably won’t be in this comp, it’s safe to say that the one sentence comp is my favorite. It’s very fun to play in, and it kinda encouraged me to think a bit.

tcool123

Original Poster
Through my long and storied career, I think I'm obligated to say that I love each of the games I've participated in equally.
What a very Ms Universe style answer ;)

Although I probably won’t be in this comp, it’s safe to say that the one sentence comp is my favorite. It’s very fun to play in, and it kinda encouraged me to think a bit.
I'm glad you enjoyed One Sentence Competition so much! While you didn't hear it from me something more casual than the Imaginarium should be starting up as a fun and leisurely alternative, and while it may no be the One Sentence Competition I'm sure it'll still be quite enjoyable :D

spacemt354

Chili's
Question of the Day

SA7 was probably the pinnacle so far for me - but I'm hopeful future comps continue to top it!

Sharon&Susan

Question of the Day

So far it's still my first competition I participated in, SYWTBAI Season 18.

AceAstro

Question of the Day

There have been so many great games but I think I have the go with Great Movie Ride competition by @Disney Dad 3000 ! I joined the forums the same day it started and we went right into it! It was my first taste at Imagineering competitions and 4 years later I am still having a blast!

Disney Dad 3000

There have been so many great games but I think I have the go with Great Movie Ride competition by @Disney Dad 3000 ! I joined the forums the same day it started and we went right into it! It was my first taste at Imagineering competitions and 4 years later I am still having a blast!

Thanks Ace!

I'll remember that kindly when season 2 rolls around next year if you are part of it.

tcool123

Original Poster
Question of the Day

Okay so my answer is likely The Sorcerers Apprentice Season 2 it was my first competition when I was what 12(13?) either way I remember how much fun I had for it, and I thought it was the coolest thing around telling everyone I knew about it. I ended up in 6th place (pretty good for a first showing) AND was the weird kid in middle school although that really isn’t a brag I suppose 😅

tcool123

Original Poster
Question of the Day

Another day, another question! Yesterday was all about your favorite competition, but there’s so much more to this forum than competitions (shocking I know) what has been your favorite non competition project? It could be something you wrote or something you read all is fair game! 😄

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
Question of the Day

Another day, another question! Yesterday was all about your favorite competition, but there’s so much more to this forum than competitions (shocking I know) what has been your favorite non competition project? It could be something you wrote or something you read all is fair game! 😄
DisneySky 100%

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom