[Rumor] Rock n Roller Coaster Starring Olivia Rodrigo

Weather_Lady

Her new song is great, she's hugely popular...but by the time Disney did a retheme, she probably won't be anymore. Though moving Aerosmith out of there would be wonderful, I don't think it would work.
Agreed. She's a lightweight flash-in-the-pan at this point. She was adorable in the Disney kids' show, Bizaardvark, but in her present, "look at meeee I'm an angsty teen and I'm edgy because I learned 2 curse words and don't talk with good grammar no more" incarnation, I think most people over 16, once they stop asking, "Olivia who?", would just find her annoying. The OP might just as credibly have suggested the ride was being rethemed to William Hung, or Skee-lo, or Stacey Q.

Aerosmith is here to stay.

Last edited:

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
The_Rock-afire_Explosion.jpg

The only acceptable replacement

FettFan

The Eagles would like a word. Define “Hard Rock”. Aerosmith is more “Pop Rock” to me. In the same vein as Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, etc.

Hard Rock to me is more akin to somebody like Metallica. Who have sold 125 Million. I don’t consider Aerosmith in the genre as Metallica or a Priest or Maiden. Good band. But they’re pop

Speaking of which….Tower of Terror will now be Hotel California.
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

The new storyline is that you’re being pursued by the vengeful lawsuits of Don Felder. 🤪

UNCgolf

The Eagles would like a word. Define “Hard Rock”. Aerosmith is more “Pop Rock” to me. In the same vein as Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, etc.

Hard Rock to me is more akin to somebody like Metallica. Who have sold 125 Million. I don’t consider Aerosmith in the genre as Metallica or a Priest or Maiden. Good band. But they’re pop

Part of the problem is that the term is somewhat fluid. Most people would have classified Aerosmith as hard rock when they were first around in the early-mid 1970s; both they and the industry shifted in later years.

The Beach Boys are still the best/most significant band in American music history, even if they were mostly just Brian Wilson's creative vehicle until the late 60s/early 70s (when they still put out some incredibly good music after the general public had stopped paying attention). They seem to be more revered outside of the United States than they are within it, though, which is a bit odd. Not that they would be a good choice for a roller coaster retheme!

Last edited:

awoogala

I'm 47, and seeing aerosmith there makes me groan with "america needs to move on" my gen z adult/teens could not care less . keeping them now is just.sad. they weren't relevant 10 years ago, it is way past time.

Vinnie Mac

"and don't talk with good grammar no more"

No one asked her to start using AAVE. In fact some people dislike her for that. I'm neutral on that matter but there's absolutely no reason to mock AAVE when things like heavy southern accents and "southern grammar" is just as bad but almost never attacked or talked about like AAVE.

Vinnie Mac

I'm 47, and seeing aerosmith there makes me groan with "america needs to move on" my gen z adult/teens could not care less . keeping them now is just.sad. they weren't relevant 10 years ago, it is way past time.
I somewhat agree. I don't mind Aerosmith but let's be honest here, we love the ride for it's Rock N Roll theme and the actual ride experience, not Aerosmith.

Weather_Lady

No one asked her to start using AAVE. In fact some people dislike her for that. I'm neutral on that matter but there's absolutely no reason to mock AAVE when things like heavy southern accents and "southern grammar" is just as bad but almost never attacked or talked about like AAVE.
I'm talking about poor grammar in her lyrics ("never felt this way for no one") as an affectation. I had no Idea there was an Ebonics controversy involving her - nor did I know that's what the acronym you used meant - until I Googled it. Sounds like she's even more of a poseur than I thought.

Last edited:

BASS

I hear you, but if Disney were to hypothetically look for a more recent band, you also risk losing a big chunk of people that might not find a more modern band interesting or relevant or know who they are. Music is so subjective. Aerosmith is at least a name that likely most can identify.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney is most definitely not going to replace Aerosmith with some other pop artist/band.

It's going to be Disney IP. And pop stars that were on Disney Channel or Disney+ musicals don't count as Disney IP.

If y'all want to discuss which pop star/bad would be your favorite replacement, go at it.

If you think Disney is going to use any one of them... you haven't been paying attention for the past 4 years.

Incomudro

I hear you, but if Disney were to hypothetically look for a more recent band, you also risk losing a big chunk of people that might not find a more modern band interesting or relevant or know who they are. Music is so subjective. Aerosmith is at least a name that likely most can identify.
Plus Aerosmith has worldwide recognition, (international tourists) they are huge outside of the US as well.
It's really difficult for me to imagine a band that could replace them when the inevitable time comes.

UNCgolf

The real discussion should be what IP Disney will use when the times comes.

It's also possible they tear it down/gut it and build something completely new.

I don't think that will happen since it's probably the most intense coaster they have and would be easy to repurpose, but you never know.

Inspired Figment

The Showbiz Pizza animatronics are terrifying. Please keep them out of Disney World.
In all honesty, I don’t get what people find so “terrifying” about them. I think they’re great myself. While it’s true some of Aaron Fechter’s (the creator & owner of the band) behavior & views have been a bit questionable, particuarly in recent years. The characters & animatronics themselves are quite charming and you can see the direct Disney influence; from the look & design of the characters (they look very similar to the Country Bear Jamboree characters), the chemistry between all the characters, their distinct personalities, & the upbeat lively energy within the shows & the way the characters move when properly maintained. And even the company’s name, ‘Creative Engineering’ is directly inspired by ‘Imagineering’.

But yeah, in all honesty, things would be fine if they were simply better managed with the focus being on staying true to the creative, warm spirit of the characters rather than being too focused on ‘bottom line’ matters like royalties & money. Fine that you want those things, but the ‘focus’ should be on simply keep the characters & shows out there for folks to appreciate & remember. The more promotion & generosity, the more good will & bottom line related things you’ll earn later as a result of said good quality.

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

Sometimes I feel like people get ‘way’ too much influence & take horror movies & games about audio-animatronics ‘way’ too seriously without thinking constructively & rationally about them. They are works of fiction, they’re not factual or genuine representations of the way audio-animatronics work or the way they function.

Inspired Figment

Back on topic though, I definitley think a genuine real life band that’s proven to be well received & classic in regards to quality would probably be the best course of action for updating it if they genuinely don’t want to be with Aerosmith anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom