News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy G. Dis

Disney is not Golden Nugget. Disney is not Six Flags. Disney is not Universal. Disney thinks themselves a highly evolved creature that is aware of the news and the Covid numbers coming out of metro Orlando. Disney would rather err on the side of caution so that later on people like you and me will remember that Disney was at least "trying".

doctornick

So the vaccinated don’t need masks
Honestly from my prospective as a vaccinated individual, I get it that vaccinated don’t truly need masks and this new guidance is really more about making sure the unvaccinated are masked since there’s no way to police that with an “honor system” setup. And I’m actually totally okay with wearing a mask inside as long as it ensures the unvaccinated are wearing them.

Admittedly my prospective is skewed a bit by having young children who can’t be vaccinated. And while I’m not really worried about them given the small risk of them having serious illness I don’t want them to get sick if it can be avoided and I don’t want them to spread it to anyone else.

celluloid

Least Disney has a coherent flat out mask mandate. Universals only applies for TMs if on stage in guest view.

For this, yes.

I can tell you having worked at Universal they were very strict backstage about being distanced. Many breakrooms had furniture removed.

Did you ever go to Disney for about the decade that metal detector security screenings were "random?" Universal has been doing contraband safety better for years at the security checks for guests.

Universal does not have on property housing where unvaccinated college kids are living together doing the Vista Way legacy mambo before and after work. Same thing, that is not guest facing.

Things are picked and chosen sometimes.

Quit using this to bash a prejudice against the other place that is not your favorite.

disneygeek90

I have a higher AP level for Universal than I do Disney, but it's really not hard to see that Universal hasn't taken any of this seriously in months. Back when masks were still required indoors I would watch as a team member administered hand sanitizer to a guest that had his mask on his chin and wouldn't say a word. I'd approximate that mask usage at Disney at the height of covid was about 95%, and Universal would have been generous at 85%.

Universal was only quick with covid adjustments when it came to pulling back restrictions. They couldn't care less at this point.

maui2k7

So how strict is Disney with the mask policy? Meaning, if people are in the line and take them off/pull them down, is Disney walking the line to make sure everyone complies? Also, what happens if someone pulls their mask down/off or their mask comes off during a ride (such as a roller coaster)? Do they stop the ride or have security reprimand the guests?

Patcheslee

Despite the banter on here about people cancelling “trips” - which I’m confident is a very small percentage of people scheduled to go to WDW - my guess is that the biggest crowd this will impact is locals especially with APs who would opt to go to Uni over WDW. And I think Disney’s response to that would be “who cares?”
Masks themselves wouldn't make me cancel a trip. Now if they started cutting down on entertainment, meet & greets, restaurants again, I'd cancel in a heartbeat.

disneygeek90

So how strict is Disney with the mask policy? Meaning, if people are in the line and take them off/pull them down, is Disney walking the line to make sure everyone complies? Also, what happens if someone pulls their mask down/off or their mask comes off during a ride (such as a roller coaster)? Do they stop the ride or have security reprimand the guests?
They're not going to stop a rollercoaster. I've had some CM's refuse to start a ride if masks were down though.

G00fyDad

Family started feeling sick on the drive from Orlando back go TX. I wonder how many others were infected when family stopped in rest areas, eating places and hotels on the long drive back to Dallas.
How many of those weren't vaccinated?

FB_IMG_1627673573942.jpg

Gringrinngghost

I can tell you having worked at Universal they were very strict backstage about being distanced. Many breakrooms had furniture removed.
You and me ace, you and me. I am a former team member, who left for higher education. You would think however that if its so bad that would be doing a level playing field, but what do you expect. Their excuse is that it's easier to maintain social distancing backstage, yet there's gonna be squat happening during a shift change in wardrobe. One step for the company is to re-introduce the PTO for the vaccination that ended on July 3rd. But alas here we are.

Quit using this to bash a prejudice against the other place that is not your favorite.
I still love it there, and it's a great place to visit. Its just that I seem to care more for the staff than Bill Davis and the rest of Upper Management does. We both fully know that when they closed internally in March of 2020 that they wanted the TMs to come in to clean their venues in wardrobe, many of which aren't BDP trained and if you look that was quickly reversed when TMs were going to the media.

celluloid

To those of you talking about Universal, what does the acronym "TM" stand for in your posts?

TM stands for Team Member. Universal's Nomenclature for all employees.

Also, I am no Bill Davis fan. I put him in about the same likes as many of Disney's Executives. Some execs at Universal are great, and some are grandfathered into their positions where they should have given it up for new blood by now.

The point still remains that they are both in the business that includes a lot of optics and I see evidence of either being better than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom