News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJR

And I’m actually totally okay with wearing a mask inside as long as it ensures the unvaccinated are wearing them.

This is what bothers me. Masks are required at Disney, but almost no place else, including stores, just encouraged. When masks are encouraged, this group that needs to wear them the most is most likely going to be the ones passing up the encouragement. While Disney will probably be safer for these people who are responsible for the area's cases, without blanket policy at other locations, I'm afraid it's not going to do much and will just prolong Disney's facemask policy.

Here's hoping people actually do the right thing, but I'm not confident off Disney property, which in turn, impacts Disney.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

VJ

DCBaker

Premium Member
Is it true that Disney is requiring vaccines for employees now?

If so this makes me very happy.
Yes. TWDC (not just theme parks). Here is the full statement -

E7kiA-wXoAsLiyw.png

Epcotbob

I've been out of the loop for a while, but is this why Disney reinstituted the Indoor Masks?

From CNBC:

HEALTH AND SCIENCE

CDC study shows 74% of people infected in Massachusetts Covid outbreak were fully vaccinated​

And This:

The new data, published in the U.S. agency’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, also found that fully vaccinated people who get infected carry as much of the virus in their nose as unvaccinated people.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Someone assured me just yesterday this was impossible for Disney to do.

Way to go Disney about time someone starts doing the hard stuff to end this disaster!!!!
Federal courts have allowed employers to mandate COVID vaccines when employees tried to sue to prevent it.

”According to the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), businesses generally may require workers who enter a physical worksite to receive a COVID-19 vaccination without running afoul of federal workplace anti-discrimination laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondisclosure Act and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. However, employers must consider reasonable accommodations for workers who refuse a vaccine for religious or disability-related reasons, unless such accommodations pose an undue hardship on the employer's operations. Employers also should note that the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and state and local authorities may have different requirements.”

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

Just focusing on all the good things that happened to this family's trip to Universal Orlando instead of focusing on any of the bad stuff that happened.

Don't we all try to overlook all the bad stuff that happens during our WDW vacation (I am talking to all of us in the WDW food poisoning club) and remember the good stuff that happens while on the happiest place on earth?

Disstevefan1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom