Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

disneygeek90

Last time I was there at Rose&Crown inside, was waiter service inside but maybe it has changed since then. I still enjoy the outdoor fish and chips served on newspaper.
Right by the bar, not in the actual restaurant? I've never seen servers around there. In the old days that place is so packed you could never get a server to comfortably move through the bar crowds.

Disney Experience

What's new is that the vaccinated population is no longer "a protection" for the unvaccinated because they are now contributing to spread in much higher numbers.

Cape Cod: 882 infected, 653 (74%) were vaccinated. 7 out of 882 hospitalized (0.79%)

So, for the vaccinated, the vaccines are still VERY GOOD protection against severe illness, hospitalization, and death, but we can now spread COVID almost as effectively as an unvaccinated person. And Delta causes more severe illness in the unvaccinated than Alpha did.

See the numbers above.
If a delta variant booster/ vaccine finishes trials and get EUA it may help decrease spread. Even a non delta tuned booster may help ( but not as much).

Getting therapeutics that are safe and effective for all cases that test positive would help decrease spread. Though they should be quarantined and spread should be minimized from them already. ( presymptomatic cases cause most spread )

Last edited:

Lilofan

Right by the bar, not in the actual restaurant? I've never seen servers around there. In the old days that place is so packed you could never get a server to comfortably move through the bar crowds.
My bad, the restaurant. R&C can get rowdy. Alex Morgan , USA womens soccer star and her drunken friends made headlines when some in her party got into it with other guests at Rose&Crown. She and her party were then thrown out of Epcot.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
If a delta variant booster/ vaccine finishes trials and get EUA it may help decrease spread. Even a non delta tuned booster may help ( but not as much).

Getting therapeutics that are safe and effective for all cases that test positive would help decrease spread ( though they should be quarantined and spread should be minimized from them already)( presymptonatic causes mist soread)
When FDA/EUA will approval Delta variant booster along with future variant boosters soon as therapeutics soon?

ImperfectPixie

Getting therapeutics that are safe and effective for all cases that test positive would help decrease spread ( though they should be quarantined and spread should be minimized from them already)( presymptonatic causes mist soread)
The big issue with spread is that COVID is most infectious before symptoms appear. People with no symptoms are unlikely to get tested and unlikely to isolate.

Personally, I think we need to scare the pants of people who are resisting being vaccinated. If I didn't already have my shots, I'd be scrambling to get them with the new data out.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My bad, the restaurant. R&C can get rowdy. Alex Morgan , USA womens soccer star and her drunken friends made headlines when some in her party got into it with other guests at Rose&Crown. She and her party were then thrown out of Epcot.
And why does she get subbed out every game? Including today?

she needs a peloton to work on her stamina 🤪

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If the data we have is inaccurate and infection is occurring as frequently in vaccinated vs unvaccinated then cases overall are actually much higher than reported and the fact that spikes are primarily in places with low vaccination rates is just a coincidence and every other area will eventually look like FL. There goes in person school for the Fall :( No way kids will go back to school around me if cases are raging.

Communicora

Premium Member
If the data we have is inaccurate and infection is occurring as frequently in vaccinated vs unvaccinated then cases overall are actually much higher than reported and the fact that spikes are primarily in places with low vaccination rates is just a coincidence and every other area will eventually look like FL. There goes in person school for the Fall :( No way kids will go back to school around me if cases are raging.
I'm sure that's a big part of why they are pushing the vaxxing and masking now. School starts up soon in some states and they want to get things under control again.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'm sure that's a big part of why they are pushing the vaxxing and masking now. School starts up soon in some states and they want to get things under control again.
Maybe. Masking could help some but vaxxing won’t help at all on spread if vaccinated are just as likely to be infected as unvaccinated.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

Maybe. Masking could help some but vaxxing won’t help at all on spread if vaccinated are just as likely to be infected and unvaccinated.
It won't help on spread, but it still helps with severe illness, hospitalization and death...which helps the hospitals, supply chain, etc. etc.

Communicora

Premium Member
Maybe. Masking could help some but vaxxing won’t help at all on spread if vaccinated are just as likely to be infected and unvaccinated.
People who are vaccinated who get covid may be as likely to spread as someone who has covid who is unvaccinated but they still have a lower likelihood of becoming infected in the first place.

Edited to add: Please get the vaccine if you haven't done so yet. For yourself, for your loved ones, for all of us.

Wendy Pleakley

It won't help on spread, but it still helps with severe illness, hospitalization and death...which helps the hospitals, supply chain, etc. etc.

I think it will help on spread. Delta may be more contagious but vaccines still reduce the amount of spread. Herd immunity is important, and the failure to achieve it is deeply concerning.

1627665458551.png

Disneydad1012

MA just released their school guidance and they are "strongly recommending" masks for K-6 but not requiring come this fall.

DisneyCane

Can somebody explain Hawaii? High vaccination, strict mitigation measures (testing required for travelers, etc.) but substantial to high community transmission depending on the island.

hopemax

Sure they will. Because nobody is going to that level of course change, due to infection only. Wearing a mask and going back to virtual school are two entirely different things when it comes to will. Despite the temper tantrums, it's emotionally easy to tell people to just put on their shoes or pants versus having to tell people other types of bad news.

High vax areas will not look the same as low vax areas for hospitalizations and even the frequencies of "I'm so sick, I can't come to work."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom