Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

disneygeek90

Looks like a patient was taken to hospital by helicopter off the Disney Magic. Everything’s fine. Could be any number of things, right? RIGHT?
My dad had appendicitis 2 days into a cruise. Once they got to the port in Cozumel he had to be admitted to the hospital and had the appendectomy. Needless to say, they didn't re-board the ship that cruise. While it could have been covid, there's many things that could cause a medical emergency.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I can’t understand getting on a cruise now with all the social distancing and masking. It sounds like a floating prison. With Mickey waffles.
The ones in the UK are essentially 3 day test cruises more or less. No masks outdoors. From the people I have heard from on this, they are telling me it is enjoyable. I am not sure if I would be willing to spend money on one right now under these circumstances, but I have other things going on so not an option anyways.

Bob Harlem

I feel sad for people who get sick, but its also up to personal responsibility and common sense to make the right choices. Going on a cruise, in my opinion, is not one of them. Masks are still required on planes, why would someone think its safe to go spend a week on board a floating Petri dish with the same hundreds of people with no escape!? It may be harsh, but its true.
I went on a cruise a few weeks ago, it was more than fine especially with reduced capacity, plus you knew exactly who was vaccinated and who wasn't (Saw very very few unvaccinated), and the testing, so it's the absolute opposite of what you suggested.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
My dad had appendicitis 2 days into a cruise. Once they got to the port in Cozumel he had to be admitted to the hospital and had the appendectomy. Needless to say, they didn't re-board the ship that cruise. While it could have been covid, there's many things that could cause a medical emergency.
I didn’t like your post because of what your dad went through, how awful.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I feel sad for people who get sick, but its also up to personal responsibility and common sense to make the right choices. Going on a cruise, in my opinion, is not one of them. Masks are still required on planes, why would someone think its safe to go spend a week on board a floating Petri dish with the same hundreds of people with no escape!? It may be harsh, but its true.
Masks are required at least indoors on DCL right now. I’m not saying I’d go on a cruise but it’s probably not much less safe than a flight.

correcaminos

There are also lawsuits against that right now. I think Indiana judge had that reversed.
And yet again my comment stands. My state ended it early. This wouldn't be a universal end for all states. Sure people are suing, but doesn't change anything. Also ability to claim unemployment at all will vary by state.

Because it’s me, Helena.
:D

I gotcha. Again they left last night. Helicopter was winched in place for 20 mins and left. Sounds like a true emergency.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
why would someone think its safe to go spend a week on board
Well, almost everyone is vaccinated (I cannot remember off the top of my head whether this is a 100% vaccinated cruise) and the small amount who aren't have been tested multiple times. Can you say that about WDW or the airport people wander through, or the restaurants people eat at, or the subways they take?

This is the only way the industry can get back up and running again...and bring back employees. Not to mention the regions of the world who highly depend on this industry for tourism.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
The ones in the UK are essentially 3 day test cruises more or less. No masks outdoors. From the people I have heard from on this, they are telling me it is enjoyable. I am not sure if I would be willing to spend money on one right now under these circumstances, but I have other things going on so not an option anyways.
But the weather isn’t exactly tropical up there right now. There’s just something so claustrophobic to me about spending all that money to spend so much time inside in a mask. And to stand on little social distancing dots.

oceanbreeze77

Masks are required at least indoors on DCL right now. I’m not saying I’d go on a cruise but it’s probably not much less safe than a flight.
I agree idk if its less safe than flights, but at least with flights people can responsibly quarantine. Not much room for that on a cruise.

willtravel

And yet again my comment stands. My state ended it early. This wouldn't be a universal end for all states. Sure people are suing, but doesn't change anything. Also ability to claim unemployment at all will vary by state.

:D

I gotcha. Again they left last night. Helicopter was winched in place for 20 mins and left. Sounds like a true emergency.
I never said your comment was wrong. You are from Ohio?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
But the weather isn’t exactly tropical up there right now. There’s just something so claustrophobic to me about spending all that money to spend so much time inside in a mask. And to stand on little social distancing dots.
I have seen a few youtube vlogs of people on these UK Disney cruises. Maybe worth a view and can answer some of your questions? If you want... lol

And I don't disagree with what you're saying.

havoc315

I'm not vouching for the accuracy of these projections:

"Statewide, the Mayo Clinic forecast tool said Florida will be reporting a seven-day rolling average of 49,398 cases of COVID-19 per day by August 9, a 132% increase from the current numbers."

If this is anything close to accurate, this may be the worst wave of the entire pandemic for Florida. And while hospitalization and death rates would likely be much lower than in the past, they are already dealing with a hospitalization rate akin to some of the past waves. With only 48% of the state fully vaxed, there could still be significant hospitalization and death.

I'm crossing my fingers that this projection is overly pessimistic.

correcaminos

I never said your comment was wrong. You are from Ohio?
Yep, and yes, I know there is a law suit going here. Ohio does disallow unemployment for firing for just cause. Being fired can be wishy washy on who gets it. Many I know were denied. But it's not cut and dry here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom