Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImperfectPixie

They shouldn't be accommodated at all. If they are supposed to get vaccinated and choose not to then it's time for them to update their resumé.
I'm so tired of the people who are doing what they're supposed to suffering because of the people who choose to ignore rules and aren't getting vaccinated.

I'm at the point where I'm ready to say tax the living hell out of them. (Unless they have a verified medical reason for not being vaccinated.)

DisneyCane

If anyone cares to see a silver lining…there were half a million new first jabs done yesterday per the CDC data. Only 0.2% of the population but a small uptick from the pace we had slowed down too. Maybe Delta is appropriately frightening some of the hold outs.
I was picking up a prescription at a CVS near my house earlier today and all of the COVID vaccination waiting chairs were full. I haven't seen that in a while.

LaughingGravy

Who said anything about limiting capacity? All I've heard people speculating is if masks indoors is coming back.

The reservations are certainly more reduced than 100% capacity, but it does feel pretty much normal these days.
I often watch live streams if not live, within a few days of being posted. There are some serious crowds for claiming to be under capacity. Oh, how I miss my youth when our parents would take us out of school in early October for three or four weekdays plus the weekend and be back in time for Monday school again and we would have the place pretty much to ourselves with everything open and working with the exception of Aunt Polly's on Tom Sawyer Island, as a real seasonal close.
We did get pulled out of school, but parents informed the homeroom teachers we would be out, but didn't say where we were going. A note was even brought to the principal. Sometimes homework was given, sometimes not, and we turned out just fine.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Would Disney be required to report if it was COVID-related? Any attorneys on the board?
Pretty sure they have to report all illnesses. That is one of the reasons you used to always hear about any norovirus outbreaks on ships prior to COVID. Other industries are not required to do that level of reporting that the cruise industry has always been subject to.

oceanbreeze77

That is pretty messed up.
I feel sad for people who get sick, but its also up to personal responsibility and common sense to make the right choices. Going on a cruise, in my opinion, is not one of them. Masks are still required on planes, why would someone think its safe to go spend a week on board a floating Petri dish with the same hundreds of people with no escape!? It may be harsh, but its true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom