Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trauma

When did I say that at all? Am I being gaslit here? I mean, I had some bad Mexican food at lunch… could just be me.

I meant restrictions. Restrictions. Not what you’re projecting.
Got ya !

Not gaslit just didn’t understand what you where saying.

I won’t be disappointed by restrictions.

I’ll just take a trip somewhere they are not being mandated until they are dropped.

Tony the Tigger

I was at a poker tournament earlier today at the Seminole Hard Rock Hollywood. Under 20% of the players wore a mask. I know that poker players are probably more willing to take risks but the percentage of people who will be OK masking up again is likely a lot lower than you think it is.
And I was not there.

My business has required masks all along and we are doing record-setting business every week.

Figgy1

Premium Member
And I was not there.

My business has required masks all along and we are doing record-setting business every week.
The Office Congratulations GIF

hopemax

Forgive me for not knowing. Is this showing that hospitalizations are currently more than in January, as a raw number? Or the rate of hospitalizations (admissions) are occurring at a faster rate than that time?
It's raw numbers, and the 7-day average hasn't quite gone over yet. Read the side. Peak week in January were 1,158 new admissions per day; FL is sitting at 1139. I know few wanted to believe hospitalizations could get worse than winter, but there were still a LOT of people who didn't have immunity (vax or natural). Imagine where hospitals would be if we didn't have vaccines.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It's raw numbers, and the 7-day average hasn't quite gone over yet. Read the side. Peak week in January were 1,158 new admissions per day; FL is sitting at 1139. I know few wanted to believe hospitalizations could get worse than winter, but there were still a LOT of people who didn't have immunity (vax or natural). Imagine where hospitals would be if we didn't have vaccines.
I prefer to imagine where we would be if more people got vaccinated...

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
This can’t be overstated.

StarWarsGirl

Funny how the statistics suggest long covid is rare but everyone here knows someone with it.

Your friends must all be very unlucky.
A study shows that 1 in 4 Covid patients tends to be a long hauler. So odds are if you know someone who got Covid, there's a 25% chance of them being a long hauler.

hopemax

A study shows that 1 in 4 Covid patients tends to be a long hauler. So odds are if you know someone who got Covid, there's a 25% chance of them being a long hauler.

And compared to all the other percentages surrounding COVID-19, the ones regarding incidents of long covid are the largest ones we've seen. Minimizing them is to our peril.

KrzyKtty

Got ya !

Not gaslit just didn’t understand what you where saying.

I won’t be disappointed by restrictions.

I’ll just take a trip somewhere they are not being mandated until they are dropped.
I can guarantee you SC will be safe for you then LOL. We got beaches, Charleston, and really big hills that locals like to call mountains up in the north of the state :hilarious:.

Trauma

Yeah they are counting people who’s symptoms lasted months.

Long covid to me would be symptoms lasting more than 1 year.

CarolinaSoprano

This announcement today was very broad and not very confident and forceful like in the past. I'm wondering if most states and businesses will just quietly ignore this 'recommendation' and go about as business as usual. Stores like Publix for example had a company wide policy in the beginning in regards to masks and protocols. So now each Publix will have its own policy based on their location? What if a store is yellow one week but red the next? This vague announcement is going to make it difficult to decide what new policies should go into effect and even more problematic how to enforce it when certain areas are doing one thing and other areas another. Many more people this time will not be so respondent to this 'going backwards' Will be interesting to see how many states/counties/ businesses respond to this.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Yeah they are counting people who’s symptoms lasted months.

Long covid to me would be symptoms lasting more than 1 year.
I would also like a breakdown of which symptoms in particular made up most of the long-haul symptoms. Well, really, not necessary. No one is going to use this info to change our path anyways...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom