Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImperfectPixie

You are confusing me. You said it is a problem when people think the vaccine is a force field? And then you think it is a problem when people think the vaccine isn't 100% and will therefore not get it?

If that is the message from the CDC, I could see why other people would be confused. How about a clearer message stating that the vaccine is highly effective, more than anything else, and it is a freakin good idea to get one.
Sorry...I shouldn't have been rushing trying to express myself.

It's long been engrained in some people's minds that vaccines are supposed to be a guarantee against infection. It's why so many people don't bother with the flu vaccine...they assume that it's not a 100% guarantee against infection, therefore not worth getting the shot. What these people don't understand is that if you DO get infected with the flu after getting the flu vaccine, your illness is much milder. They're making all the same mistaken assumptions about the COVID vaccine.

Trauma

Medicine doesn’t work as one size fits all. You probably don’t sleep under a mosquito net but there are places and situations where that is highly advisable. If there isn’t wide spread of a disease then there is not much need for mitigation efforts.
Problem with this is if you leave ANYTHING up to interpretation you can bet it will be twisted in 47928493 different directions.

Whatever they say it better be 100% clear.

Heelz2315

I gotta tell y'all I am mega ed! I waited through all this to book a vacation so I didn't have to deal with all this mask BS. I got vaccinated as soon as I could to protect myself and my family and put this behind us. Now mainly because of unvaccinated people I have to go back to mask wearing indoors at WDW, or cancel AGAIN! As soon as it was lifted I booked and the only window I could squeeze it into was in two weeks. (work and school)

I am go mad right now it's not even funny.

correcaminos

What they need to do is emphasize the differences between the variant that spread across the US last year and Delta, and emphasize how important it is that we limit the virus' ability to mutate.

Honestly, at this point anyone who thinks vaccines are a "force field" or ever have been is just an idiot or too lazy to use Google.
No, but the focus has never been enough on vaccines once we knew how good they were. Not a force field. None are. but this is what we have and far superior to masks. By miles. Focus should be on that!

Because, unfortunately, masks are now seen as a political statement as well as a public health tool.
So true - some might think I'm weird but I kind of intentionally will not mask in most cases (I still carry spares so the moment a business or person asks, I will have it on). Especially with the booster trial going on. My spouse is early 40s and while has has history of asthma as a child, not bad off otherwise. My 13yo kid is fullly vaccinated and zero health concerns. I have zero as well (not even the blasted obesity or even overweight that people rant about here). I feel I need to show what they can and cannot do. But I don't want to be seen as a jerk either. I seriously want a tongue in cheek sweatshirt that says "I am the guinea pig" similar to the "I am the rebel spy" with Pfizer/BioNTech logos all over. Just so people know I am actually not just a jerk.

Starcrane

I gotta tell y'all I am mega ****ed! I waited through all this to book a vacation so I didn't have to deal with all this mask BS. I got vaccinated as soon as I could to protect myself and my family and put this behind us. Now mainly because of unvaccinated people I have to go back to mask wearing indoors at WDW, or cancel AGAIN! As soon as it was lifted I booked and the only window I could squeeze it into was in two weeks. (work and school)

Feeling your pain and anger. We are in the same boat!

Jedijax719

What I have wondered more than anything and have not been able to find the research is whether the protein spikes on the variants are the same as the protein spikes on the original (or at least the one for which the vaccines were made). The mRNA vaccines create antibodies against surface protein spikes. Unless the protein spikes themselves have changed, vaccines should be equally effective against the variants.

TTA94

Is it going to be a issue for everyone cramming together to watch fireworks? Yeah it’s outdoors but everyone being that close together not wearing masks can’t be good.

ImperfectPixie

I gotta tell y'all I am mega ****ed! I waited through all this to book a vacation so I didn't have to deal with all this mask BS. I got vaccinated as soon as I could to protect myself and my family and put this behind us. Now mainly because of unvaccinated people I have to go back to mask wearing indoors at WDW, or cancel AGAIN! As soon as it was lifted I booked and the only window I could squeeze it into was in two weeks. (work and school)

The anti-vaxxers/anti-maskers are screwing over people who have been following the rules since the beginning.

I'm sorry your vacation is getting screwed up by these *insert curse word here*.

Archie123

Thank the idiots who are deciding not to get vaccinated.

drizgirl

I think Disney will find a way to justify whichever approach to mitigation costs them the least in attendance losses. There is zero chance they put plexiglass back up or put policies in place they think will require they lay employees off again.

lewisc

DCBaker

Premium Member

I get your frustration. However, keep in mind that none of the actual guidance has been reported on yet. Let's wait and see what comes at the press conference.

lazyboy97o

What I have wondered more than anything and have not been able to find the research is whether the protein spikes on the variants are the same as the protein spikes on the original (or at least the one for which the vaccines were made). The mRNA vaccines create antibodies against surface protein spikes. Unless the protein spikes themselves have changed, vaccines should be equally effective against the variants.
The spike protein is what varies.

celluloid

I think Disney will find a way to justify whichever approach to mitigation costs them the least in attendance losses. There is zero chance they put plexiglass back up or put policies in place they think will require they lay employees off again.

While slim, I think we cannot say zero chance anymore. Outside of a war on our homeland I don't think we ever would have said that Disney Theme parks would close down for months to a year either. If the Plexi glass is what keeps the second part of your statement from happening, you can bet they will do it.

Touchdown

According to CNN guidelines will be for indoor masks in any county with “substantial or high levels,” on the map below it’s counties in red or orange. I’ll be interested to see what reasoning they have, and if it’s truly because otherwise the unvaccinated won’t wear one then expect there to be a lot of sentiment growing for a vax pass in this country. Anyways, here’s the map and it won’t affect me currently:

67FF30DF-6DDA-446F-A793-0FD369572DD2.jpeg

Heelz2315

I get your frustration. However, keep in mind that none of the actual guidance has been reported on yet. Let's wait and see what comes at the press conference.

Agreed, we should wait but I can't begin to tell you now irked I am. WDW will do what is best for them. Which direction that is right now is anyone's guess. Optics are important to them. They want to look like they're protecting guests that equals masks indoor and in lines. they also know that'll mean cancellations which equals lost dollars.

Which avenue will they take is the question.

Trauma

According to CNN guidelines will be for indoor masks in any county with “substantial or high levels,” on the map below it’s counties in red or orange. I’ll be interested to see what reasoning they have, and if it’s truly because otherwise the unvaccinated won’t wear one then expect there to be a lot of sentiment growing for a vax pass in this country. Anyways, here’s the map and it won’t affect me currently:

View attachment 575039
This could change day by day week by week.

If you drop below orange do you drop mitigation’s again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom