Creations Shop opening this summer

DreamfinderGuy

On the other hand, I don't really get being bothered by losing another theater. Aren't there already, like, 7 in the park, plus more attached to Wonders of Life that they could resurrect if they actually cared?
Theatre show allegedly themed to Wall-E, one of the very few Disney IPs that actually makes sense to put at EPCOT. Yeah, that’s a loss, especially when you consider it’s replacement is fountains, something there’s also “7 of in the park”. To your very point literally all they’re doing now is a worse and more expensive/time consuming version of what they would’ve done leaving the CommuniCore alone. That would’ve been functional, practical, preserved an integral part of park infrastructure, and kept the core symmetrical. Definition of having your cake and eating it too. But no, fountains and nothing!

And no, all the ones in Wonders of Life were demolished.

James Alucobond

I generally agree that I would have preferred they preserve CommuniCore, but it is what it is. They chose this route, and I guess my point is that, at least in terms of what was planned even had the complete CommuniCore stayed, I don't feel like I'm missing out on all that much that would have interested me aside from shade. I also think it's unfair to compare a theater experience we'll never know anything about to Journey of Water, which we currently also know next to nothing about. I'm curious to see how it turns out.

And sad to hear that about the WoL theaters. I'd heard the southern one was pretty much done-zo, but I thought the northernmost one might mostly remain.

sedati

None of that was going to be fixed. The original plan that may not happen just replaced the berm of CommuniCore with an actual earthen berm. A festival center by its nature should not be stable.
The festival center seemed more a much needed transition element from Future World to World Showcase. It isn't central, and doesn't obstruct from what I could tell. As for calling the rest of the replacement a berm, we'll have to see. My sense is it will offer clear paths to the pavillions with subtle elements that will guide you into the theme of each.

doctornick

It was more space that had to be filled with content. Coming up with five good ideas requires more creativity than coming up with three.
It doesn’t require much of any creativity to close off a section of a building and make it backstage. Or to just put a bunch of table and chairs up and make some seating for dining. And we all know that’s what they’d have done with the building if left standing, not some awesome new attraction themed to classic Epcot Center.

Disney finally got around to putting something more permanent in the old WoL building. I’m assuming most people bemoaning the loss of Communicore west are really excited about Play, right?

lazyboy97o

It doesn’t require much of any creativity to close off a section of a building and make it backstage. Or to just put a bunch of table and chairs up and make some seating for dining. And we all know that’s what they’d have done with the building if left standing, not some awesome new attraction themed to classic Epcot Center.
The plan was to build a big expensive table that would hold tables and chairs. There was even a big empty space underneath perfect for filling with tables and chairs.

Inspired Figment

It’s a lot less to do with the prospect of a redesign or a new name.. and more to do with the theming not matching what EPCOT should be about. Generic Mickey designs everywhere does not represent the themes, mission, and purpose that make EPCOT what it is . Was a problem with MouseGear and it’s still a problem now… just made to look more sleek & modern. The shop should remind you of the park you just experienced.. not just another Disney Store (then again.. seeing as the park itself isn’t quite what EPCOT should be anymore.. becoming more and more of a Hollywood Studios with movie/show themed rides.. I suppose it’s fitting… just a shame)

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

Out of all themes you could’ve used for a store themed around creativity… Dreamfinder & Figment/Journey Into Imagination would’ve made a lot more sense… I mean, you even had Dreamfinder’s dreamcatching machine in there before. You could’ve easily rethemed and utilized that more by making it Dreamport-inspired but each section of the shop themed to represent each of the various “realms” (each section/pavilion) of EPCOT.. but oh well. Lol! I mean, just look at the Imagination pavilion as it stands, let alone what proposals they had in mind to revamp it again (More film IP rethemes with Figment carelessly shoehorned in with no real care for the integrity & theme of the attraction… cause ‘that’ worked out so well the last couple times, right?). It’s just laughable how clueless they are as to what the problem with that ride actually is.. hint: it’s NOT Figment or the imagination/creativity being the central theme/subject. But yeah.. though, again, seeing as how they really don’t get what the problem was with EPCOT in the past couple decades or so.. can’t say I’m too surprised they got the theming of this store wrong a second time..

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Out of all themes you could’ve used for a store themed around creativity… Dreamfinder & Figment/Journey Into Imagination would’ve made a lot more sense… I mean, you even had Dreamfinder’s dreamcatching machine in there before. You could’ve easily rethemed and utilized that more by making it Dreamport-inspired but each section of the shop themed to represent each of the various “realms” (each section/pavilion) of EPCOT.. but oh well. Lol! I mean, just look at the Imagination pavilion as it stands, let alone what proposals they had in mind to revamp it again (More film IP rethemes with Figment carelessly shoehorned in with no real care for the integrity & theme of the attraction… cause ‘that’ worked out so well the last couple times, right?). It’s just laughable how clueless they are as to what the problem with that ride actually is.. hint: it’s NOT Figment or the imagination/creativity being the central theme/subject. But yeah.. though, again, seeing as how they really don’t get what the problem was with EPCOT in the past couple decades or so.. can’t say I’m too surprised they screwed the theming of this store up yet again..
Yeah, but does Bob consider that more timeless, more classic, more family, and more Disney than an uninspired Mickey theme? 🤔

Inspired Figment

Yeah, but does Bob consider that more timeless, more classic, more family, and more Disney than an uninspired Mickey theme? 🤔
Anyone with a clue certainly would, I can definitely say that… (Bob clearly lacks that..) the subject/theme of imagination is timeless.. and you can’t get much more Disney, classic, family, and especially EPCOT than that ride. Figment has proven to be a timeless & incredibly profitable & beloved character.. despite the lousy & needless Film/Show IP rethemes they’ve done to his attraction twice now.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Anyone with a clue certainly would, I can definitely say that… (Bob clearly lacks that..) the subject/theme of imagination is timeless.. and you can get much more Disney, classic, family, and especially EPCOT than that ride. Figment has proven to be a timeless & incredibly profitable & beloved character.. despite the lousy & needless IP rethemes they’ve done to his attraction twice now.

Centorium certainly wasn’t some masterpiece, but it fit perfectly into EPCOT Center. Creations Shop fits perfectly… in a bland, nondescript mall in Anywheresville, USA. A company that used to be known for an immense amount of creativity should be able to do better. Too bad The Bob’s have blown that to hell in search of more money to appease large shareholders.

dreday3

I guess I’m the only one, but this shop is almost exactly what I want from a revamped Epcot. I haven’t seen the finished project, but it seems like a vast improvement on the dated Mouse Gear and a worthy successor to the classic Centorium.

I'm absolutely happy for it!

I'm pretty much excited about anything new at Epcot! :D (that sounds sarcastic, but it's not)

Bocabear

Color changing LED lighting....
Groundbreaking....
1626963191822.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom