Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

From the CDC:
"As of May 1, 2021, CDC transitioned from monitoring all reported vaccine breakthrough cases to focus on identifying and investigating only hospitalized or fatal cases due to any cause. This shift will help maximize the quality of the data collected on cases of greatest clinical and public health importance."

We are hearing about asymptomatic cases from "celebrity" cases (Olympians, politicians, etc)
Or others who are required to test for other reasons...

CDC is reporting hospitalizations only, but doesn't mean only celebrities are known about.

And neither did we.
Erm... yeah hence rest of the world that didn't shut down

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I'm going to live my life social distancing , wearing masks when required and I'm vaccinated. The ones who refuse to get vaccinated are crowding the ERs in hospitals and should own up to their mistake of not getting the vaccine.
I'm not wearing masks and social distancing for good. As the many people will learn to get a vaccine as many possible if the cases will go down way lower by end of the year. As I'm waiting for NJ Transit to lose indoor masks for trains and buses soon because I'll finally riding on train again soon by September I hope.

Lilofan

I'm not wearing masks and social distancing for good. As the many people will learn to get a vaccine as many possible if the cases will go down way lower by end of the year. As I'm waiting for NJ Transit to lose indoor masks for trains and buses soon because I'll finally riding on train again soon by September I hope.
You have been posting numerous times scared about covid and you are not wearing a mask and not social distancing? That's a recipe for disaster.

havoc315

Sure. But apparently you can't just "lock down for a couple of months" and beat this thing.

Yes, you can. But there is international travel -- Eventually, infection will be re-introduced.

So you can lock down whenever a wave happens, quickly crushing it, so you can return to "normal." Which is what Australia has been doing.

And in the longer term --- continue that until you beat it back with vaccination. (Australia isn't highly vaccinated yet).

In the end, I suspect Australia's approach will be among the most successful in the world.
In total, they have had 35 deaths per million of population. The United States is at 1,877 per million. 35 vs 1,887.

Trauma

Looks like Virginia is now breaking down cases by vaccination status.

Hopefully we can get information like this from everywhere soon.

Lilofan

Yes, you can. But there is international travel -- Eventually, infection will be re-introduced.

So you can lock down whenever a wave happens, quickly crushing it, so you can return to "normal." Which is what Australia has been doing.

And in the longer term --- continue that until you beat it back with vaccination. (Australia isn't highly vaccinated yet).

In the end, I suspect Australia's approach will be among the most successful in the world.
In total, they have had 35 deaths per million of population. The United States is at 1,877 per million. 35 vs 1,887.
Yes lock downs are effective but some refuse to believe.

Trauma

Great plan for Australia.

The U.S has borders that are crossed illegally every day.

Not a viable strategy here.

Polkadotdress

On a national level, yes. @DCBaker has been posting information from Orange County and they are analyzing every positive test to determine if the person was vaccinated or not. The highest percentage of positive tests from vaccinated people on any day was less than 4%.
I'm not quite sure how they are doing that. I recently took a Covid test in Orange County (at the Bartlett location which was a point of discussion yesterday), and vaxx/non-vaxx is not information that is collected then the test is administered. I doubt that it's possible that Orange County is making contact with ALL 700+ cases before the day is over to confirm that they had not been vaxx'd.

havoc315

Great plan for Australia.

The U.S has borders that are crossed illegally every day.

Not a viable strategy here.

Nothing to do with official vs unofficial border crossings. They deal with tremendous international border crossing.... they are entirely dependent on the global economy, they deal with massive shipping of goods and services. They don't isolate themselves.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
There is no fallback plan.
There is not a fallback plan really anywhere on this planet. Lockdown, reopen, lockdown, reopen...rinse and repeat. The virus isn't going anywhere. By January 2020, the world never really had a chance. It seems pretty clear to me now. The worldwide vaccination rate will never be at a level where the virus will be eradicated (which is what we would need in a global society). Society can only hope that enough will be vaccinated worldwide so that cases will be at an acceptable level moving forward.

Trauma

Nothing to do with official vs unofficial border crossings. They deal with tremendous international border crossing.... they are entirely dependent on the global economy, they deal with massive shipping of goods and services. They don't isolate themselves.
As one of the countries to have performed better in the pandemic, Australia's borders are still closed. After murmurs that visitors may be allowed to trickle in by the end of 2021, the government is now suggesting it will be 2022 at the earliest. On May 12, Qantas announced it was canceling international flights (other to New Zealand) until December 20, 2021. A travel bubble with New Zealand started April 19 -- although it was temporarily paused on May 6, and governments have warned that it is subject to interruption, depending on infection rates. Travel from New South Wales is currently paused, and major cities are under lockdown as the country battles the Delta variant which is now taking hold.

So this is fake news then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom