Pandora Streetmosphere

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Besides the Utility Mech suit is there any other Streetmosphere based characters for Pandora? I would have thought they would at least have some Na'vi looking characters..Or did they give a specific reason why we "Do not see the Na'Vi" on their Planet?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Besides the Utility Mech suit is there any other Streetmosphere based characters for Pandora? I would have thought they would at least have some Na'vi looking characters..Or did they give a specific reason why we "Do not see the Na'Vi" on their Planet?

Tom Morrow

I don't mind at all that we don't see Na'Vi walking around and it makes sense for the story. They've agreed to let us visit and work with us but don't want to deal with us too much.

However, am I the only one that thinks the Pandora streetmosphere needs some work? The drummers yelling "WHAT UP PANDORRAAA!!!!" and such doesn't really fit with the tone of the land and it just seems like Disney applied "dance party" techniques to it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't mind at all that we don't see Na'Vi walking around and it makes sense for the story. They've agreed to let us visit and work with us but don't want to deal with us too much.

However, am I the only one that thinks the Pandora streetmosphere needs some work? The drummers yelling "WHAT UP PANDORRAAA!!!!" and such doesn't really fit with the tone of the land and it just seems like Disney applied "dance party" techniques to it.

I would like the drummers if they did a more Stomp!-like or Blue Man Group-like performance rather than the back-to-nature hippie conceit.

Nobody likes hippies.

No Name

I like the drummers. And I don’t think the performance is any sort of extreme juxtaposition to the idea of the land. The Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! parade is the embodiment of juxtaposition and I still say that parade was one of the greatest of all time.

Ghost93

While Pandora is my favorite section of any of the Disney Parks (it's just stunningly beautiful, especially at night) the biggest flaw of the land is the lack of Na'vi. It creates this feeling like the Na'vi have been wiped out or something.

I think the problem is that James Cameron wants the Na'vi to be realistic, but there is no way a human in a costume could realistically look like a Na'vi. They are 10 feet tall! So the next solution is having animatronics. But the problem is animatronics are 1. Expensive 2. hard to control in a "meet and greet" type of atmosphere. If James Cameron and the Disney Imagineers can find some way to have meet and greet opportunities with realistic-looking Na'vi animatronics (who can somehow interact with people), they will have perfected the land of Pandora.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
While Pandora is my favorite section of any of the Disney Parks (it's just stunningly beautiful, especially at night) the biggest flaw of the land is the lack of Na'vi. It creates this feeling like the Na'vi have been wiped out or something.

I think the problem is that James Cameron wants the Na'vi to be realistic, but there is no way a human in a costume could realistically look like a Na'vi. They are 10 feet tall! So the next solution is having animatronics. But the problem is animatronics are 1. Expensive 2. hard to control in a "meet and greet" type of atmosphere. If James Cameron and the Disney Imagineers can find some way to have meet and greet opportunities with realistic-looking Na'vi animatronics (who can somehow interact with people), they will have perfected the land of Pandora.
Shame they couldn't make this for Pandora..Toruk Fits perfectly and draw in more guests if they decided to make an expansion plus with Disney working with Cirque already it would make sense..

Cadbury

If James Cameron and the Disney Imagineers can find some way to have meet and greet opportunities with realistic-looking Na'vi animatronics (who can somehow interact with people), they will have perfected the land of Pandora.
If Universal can make a meet and greet with a realistic looking raptor happen then I know Disney is more than capable of figuring something out in regards to a Na'vi meet and greet.

Ghost93

Shame they couldn't make this for Pandora..Toruk Fits perfectly and draw in more guests if they decided to make an expansion plus with Disney working with Cirque already it would make sense..

I've only seen clips of the Toruk First Flight show, but it looks visually spectacular! But the show is 80 minutes. Do you think there is a way the show can be told in a 30 minute format (as is typical for theme park shows) while still having a comprehensible storyline?

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
I've only seen clips of the Toruk First Flight show, but it looks visually spectacular! But the show is 80 minutes. Do you think there is a way the show can be told in a 30 minute format (as is typical for theme park shows) while still having a comprehensible storyline?
If they can cut down The Lion King to a 30 min show I'm sure they could..Unless it's an unnarrative experience to understand said plot..

jpinkc

Disney has killed alot of the streetmosphere over the years. I am glad they have kept some at MK. I think surely the idea of some fauna of pandora could be worked up for a show idea in pandora. The dino's in Uni are pretty good, does anyone remember the Triceratops Encounter they had over there, I thought it was pretty impressive.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
If Universal can make a meet and greet with a realistic looking raptor happen then I know Disney is more than capable of figuring something out in regards to a Na'vi meet and greet.
Yeah Disney "tried" the Velociraptor route with V what was basicallyy the original raptor but repainted and the performers legs were viewable

Perhaps they should make it look like a Banshee they trained instead..

Cadbury

Yeah Disney "tried" the Velociraptor route with V what was basicallyy the original raptor but repainted and the performers legs were viewable

Perhaps they should make it look like a Banshee they trained instead..

Yeah, I remember that. I'm thinking Universal borrowed the idea and perfected it with their raptor encounter. What's ironic is Disney's raptor looked and sounded exactly like a raptor from the Jurassic franchise. Coincidence? I think not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom