News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

J4546

i guess people just have differing opinions, I think RAT is an E-Ticket and a great dark ride as well. It will be a huge improvement to that area of the park which had no rides. Also adding the entire courtyard area with fountain, creperie, shops and bathrooms is an extensive and expensive endeavor and Im grateful they are doing it.

James Alucobond

i guess people just have differing opinions, I think RAT is an E-Ticket and a great dark ride as well. It will be a huge improvement to that area of the park which had no rides. Also adding the entire courtyard area with fountain, creperie, shops and bathrooms is an extensive and expensive endeavor and Im grateful they are doing it.
I mean, grateful is a little much. 😅 I'm happy they're adding it, but we do pay for it, and enhancements of this nature are long overdue.

ImperfectPixie

I get the feeling that this is some sort of test... the concept art now shows the ribs being rust-colored and the "decals" are so tiny and misaligned so I'm thinking something's up. It looks like Imagineering finally admitted the rust looked bad though!
Was there new concept art released? The images at the beginning of this thread have grey/silver ribs, not rust.

trainplane3

Was there new concept art released? The images at the beginning of this thread have grey/silver ribs, not rust.
2017:
guar0874324.jpg

2019:
epcot_-_guardians_-_exterior_for_d23_expo2.jpg

Bairstow

Surferboy567

Relatively little themeing visible here. This is looking more and more like Crush's Coaster
This is likely, an old photo (even from the time it was released, which was a while ago). I have no doubt it will be extremely highly themed and for all intensive purposes the “must-do” e-ticket at EPCOT.

An argument can be made for if it “belongs” in EPCOT or not, but in terms of an attraction it will likely be solid. This is just a guess though, as someone who has been following the construction.

doctornick

Relatively little themeing visible here. This is looking more and more like Crush's Coaster

Are you talking about the lead picture in the article? If, that's just reusing a photo from November 2020, which itself was just a screenshot from a video shown as a conference. It's at least 8 months old and probably quite a bit older.

Here's an article where that first appeared.

If they are moving equipment away, it's likely they've done a bulk of the major pieces for the ride, right?

captainbuzzy

Also relatively little theming from the pictures we saw of an empty lot.

Y'all know this isn't finished, right
Of course it's not finished and that pic has been around since November of last year too. Hopefully, they pull off something amazing but at 5x the cost of Expedition Everest and 200mil more than Rise I'd expect to see more structure to support theming and animatronics. I guess I look at this and see the disappointment that is Hagrid's.

FigmentFan82

Of course it's not finished and that pic has been around since November of last year too. Hopefully, they pull off something amazing but at 5x the cost of Expedition Everest and 200mil more than Rise I'd expect to see more structure to support theming and animatronics. I guess I look at this and see the disappointment that is Hagrid's.
so maybe wait till it's finished before you're disappointed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom