News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

UNCgolf

I do like that MMRR has a high enough capacity that it isn’t really a headache to ride multiple times. Why do they keep building coasters with shorter and shorter trains at WDW? There’s a reason BTMRR and Everest almost never get outrageous waits while SDD does.

They keep building relatively low capacity rides as park attendance increases; it's absurd. EPCOT had higher capacity in the 1980s than it will even once Rat and Guardians are open. Something like Na'vi River Journey should be able to churn through 2000+ people an hour no problem (in addition to being twice as long as it is).

As for TRON, I can't imagine getting up early to try to get a boarding group. It doesn't look remotely worth it. I wouldn't pay for it either, though.

ToTBellHop

I'm there 10/22 so maybe they have a little more time. Going to be a lot of angry people if it isn't running 10/1 though. It's one of the most classic attractions at MK.
Yes. It has been closed for an outrageous amount of time and should absolutely open for 10/1. I just don’t have much faith and they really aren’t pushing nostalgia on our 50th like they did for DL, so I don’t know that it’s a priority. After 50 years, they don’t seem to realize WDW, itself, is an IP to many people. They don’t need Moana to sell it.

TiggerDad

Wasn't the rumor a while ago that the that gift shop was getting demolished?

Edit:

Never mind, was thinking of something else. Looks like the plan was to move the Speedway track over a bit. Clearly that part of that project got the axe. Looks like we'll have to live with it.

View attachment 572195
I think the plan was to use creative license in the concept art to make the path look wider than it is.

lazyboy97o

They keep building relatively low capacity rides as park attendance increases; it's absurd. EPCOT had higher capacity in the 1980s than it will even once Rat and Guardians are open. Something like Na'vi River Journey should be able to churn through 2000+ people an hour no problem (in addition to being twice as long as it is).

As for TRON, I can't imagine getting up early to try to get a boarding group. It doesn't look remotely worth it. I wouldn't pay for it either, though.
My broken record moment: Magic Kingdom today has less dining capacity than it did 30 years ago.

TrainsOfDisney

My broken record moment: Magic Kingdom today has less dining capacity than it did 30 years ago.
I wish more people would directly compare MK to Disneyland. When I’m standing at the end of Main Street at Disneyland I’ve got Refreshment Corner, Jolly Holiday Bakery, a Corn Dog Truck, and the Plaza all within sight. None require a reservation (except Plaza at Breakfast).

At Magic Kingdom at the same spot I’ve got Casey’s and that’s it. Plaza and Crystal are in sight but both require reservations and never (or extremely rarely) have walk up availability.

lazyboy97o

I wish more people would directly compare MK to Disneyland. When I’m standing at the end of Main Street at Disneyland I’ve got Refreshment Corner, Jolly Holiday Bakery, a Corn Dog Truck, and the Plaza all within sight. None require a reservation (except Plaza at Breakfast).

At Magic Kingdom at the same spot I’ve got Casey’s and that’s it. Plaza and Crystal are in sight but both require reservations and never (or extremely rarely) have walk up availability.
Don’t forget the typically empty Tomorrowland Terrace at Magic Kingdom. At Disneyland you also walk past Carnation Cafe to get to the end of Main Street, USA. I still remember my father’s first visit to Magic Kingdom, which was now like 20 years ago, and he was so perplexed and annoyed that he couldn’t get a Mickey Waffle on Main Street for breakfast.

TrainsOfDisney

Don’t forget the typically empty Tomorrowland Terrace at Magic Kingdom. At Disneyland you also walk past Carnation Cafe to get to the end of Main Street, USA. I still remember my father’s first visit to Magic Kingdom, which was now like 20 years ago, and he was so perplexed and annoyed that he couldn’t get a Mickey Waffle on Main Street for breakfast.
Oh I’m not forgetting it! It would be great if it were always operating.

Tony’s takes the place of Carnation Cafe on my list even though Carnation has the better menu (like most things at Disneyland :)

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member

At Disneyland you could also turn around, leave, and be at 20 different restaurants in less time than the walk to Small World. At MK outside the gates I believe there’s a Joffreys in the AM and popcorn cart in the PM, or you could walk to contempo, but that walk is further than like DL to IHOP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom