Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
According to the CDC, 94% of all COVID-19 deaths had comorbidities. Only 6% died due to COVID-19 alone: CDC

Also according to the CDC, 99.998% of all cases of 0-17 year olds survive it. 99.95% of all 18-49 survive it. 99.4% of 50-64: CDC

Millions have been vaccinated and millions have already had it and survived it. The media could dial back the alarm, but they won't.

Do you understand what the first sentence really means? That sentence has been seriously mis-interpreted over the last year.

LaughingGravy

OK. How about the US CDC posting a study which links to other studies in it?
https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/27/4/20-4576_article

Also, your link doesn't work.
Asymptomatic is not the same as pre-symptomatic, which is only a portion of people infected, which doesn't indicate that it's not a thing.

The single study you linked to is for a small population in Germany from 2020, though referenced in April of 2021.

Trauma

Just me, myself and I. Which one would you like to respond? :p

I’m not anti-vax - no matter what they would certainly appear to be working right now! I do think there are some legit concerns about the vaccines and how they have been “expedited” - I don’t think there is any evil plot. But the FDA is supposedly going to add a second warning to the J&J vaccine beyond the blood clots. Will the fda add a warning about the heart issues on Pfizer after the study? Lots of questions.

Asking those questions shouldn’t make someone anti-vax.

And even IF I was anti vax why would anti-vax and pro mask have to be polar opposites?
Well if you are anti vax and pro mask, you are basically saying you want to mitigate forever, since it’s been proven over the last year masks and social distancing are not enough to stop the spread.

I would think that’s a outcome we all want to avoid.

dolbyman

The fact that all the medical authorities cant get their messages straight frustrates me

I was told to mix AZ with mRNA due to superior immunity results. Now the WHO warns about the danger of mixing vaccine types...I was like "You gotta be kidding me?"

Murphys law will dictate two things..till our upcoming trip end of September, Floridas numbers will mimmik last years New York ones and US will not let mix and match vaccines in accross the border.

Yes I am a glass half full guy :)

correcaminos

If more adults got vaccinated (and the teens), it may not even be necessary to vaccinate the younger ones. But.....well, we will see. hah
If more adults got vaccinated I wouldn't be disappointed in this country so much, but you are likely right.
Do we still have to wear masks on Disney transportation?
Yes, though reports have been the boats do not enforce. At least as of last week

TrainsOfDisney

Well if you are anti vax and pro mask
I’m not. So it doesn’t really matter.
Yes, though reports have been the boats do not enforce. At least as of last week
There was supposedly an update that doesn’t require masks for open air transportation - this changed mask requirements for lots of tourist railroads that have open air cars. So that would apply to most of the Disney boats.

lazyboy97o

I do have concerns with how fast the vaccine was produced. I don’t think there is any evil plot behind it.

I have concerns with the rare but serious side effects. In my age group it is very rare to have a severe case of covid.

I have concerns with how long the vaccines remain effective. I’m hopeful the J&J proves to be the ultimate vaccine that lasts forever! (Joke) but the recent studies from Israel show interesting data.
Having concerns is fine, but you refuse to actually explain those concerns and instead just keep repeating the false taking points when they are addressed. Just today you again referred to the vaccines as “expedited” even though the process has been explained repeatedly.

TrainsOfDisney

Having concerns is fine, but you refuse to actually explain those concerns and instead just keep repeating the false taking points when they are addressed. Just today you again referred to the vaccines as “expedited” even though the process has been explained repeatedly.
I’m using the word expedited because that’s what I’ve seen in reports. Which word should I use that you will be ok with?

correcaminos

I do have concerns with how fast the vaccine was produced. I don’t think there is any evil plot behind it.

I have concerns with the rare but serious side effects. In my age group it is very rare to have a severe case of covid.

I have concerns with how long the vaccines remain effective. I’m hopeful the J&J proves to be the ultimate vaccine that lasts forever! (Joke) but the recent studies from Israel show interesting data.
Israel did not use J&J

Even if you are young, risk from vaccines are less than from covid. I get you are concerned, but honestly you are regurgitating information anti-vax people have spread to create fear. If you have real concerns speak with a medical professional. Here it just feels like every time one of us tried to say soemthing to calm fears, it was ignored. I get anxiety but what you are doing is hurting all, not helping.

We had told you that the vaccines were not procuced fast at all. Not. At. All. You seem to want to believe what you want even if untrue. That's my issue yesterday and today.

LaughingGravy

If anything, it appears the J&J and AZ were on the expedited side.
The "tech" is different.
What's scary are the recent reports of sub standard AZ vaccine factories overseas as well as opportunists that accepted money for saline injections.

lazyboy97o

I’m using the word expedited because that’s what I’ve seen in reports. Which word should I use that you will be ok with?
It’s not just that you used the word expedited. You specifically referred to the safety trials being expedited.

Why does allowing Phase 3 trials to overlap somewhat with Phase 1 and 2 trials worry you when the safety observation periods were not reduced?

Why does data being moved to the front of the line for review worry you? Why do Saturday meetings to review data worry you?

Why does manufacturing doses during trials so they would be available as soon as authorization was received instead of having to wait for them to be made worry you?

That’s the sort of stuff that was expedited.

lazyboy97o

If anything, it appears the J&J and AZ were on the expedited side.
The "tech" is different.
What's scary are the recent reports of sub standard AZ vaccine factories overseas as well as opportunists that accepted money for saline injections.
Like the mRNA vaccines, viral vector vaccines using adenoviruses had also been under development for years before. They were not first though, as the first Ebola vaccine approved in 2019 is a viral vector vaccine.

TrainsOfDisney

Israel did not use J&J

Even if you are young, risk from vaccines are less than from covid. I get you are concerned, but honestly you are regurgitating information anti-vax people have spread to create fear. If you have real concerns speak with a medical professional. Here it just feels like every time one of us tried to say soemthing to calm fears, it was ignored. I get anxiety but what you are doing is hurting all, not helping.

We had told you that the vaccines were not procuced fast at all. Not. At. All. You seem to want to believe what you want even if untrue. That's my issue yesterday and today.
Oh I know j&j wasn’t used in Israel.. the J&J line was a joke.

I get that using the rushed / expedited words is a problem. I don’t beleive they were expedited for any evil reason or intent. They were expedited though and when things get expedited things can get missed. That concern isn’t super serious but it is on my radar. Obviously the longer people have had the vaccine... the more data everyone has.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

A longer trial period would not have surfaced extremely rare side effects, these will only show up once the vaccine has been given to a large number of people. These vaccines met the same safety testing requirements as any other vaccine. The expedited process really only had two major risks. First, that the vaccines may not have had long term effectivity, but the benefits of even short term protection far out weighted the risk that it might not work long term. The second risk was the pharmaceutical companies could have lost massive amounts of money if things didn't work out well. For example they manufactured millions of doses before the vaccine had even been approved. If it had failed approval they would have lost all that money.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I get that using the rushed / expedited words is a problem. I don’t beleive they were expedited for any evil reason or intent. They were expedited though and when things get expedited things can get missed. That concern isn’t super serious but it is on my radar. Obviously the longer people have had the vaccine... the more data everyone has.

...not really, after about 6 weeks there is almost zero chance that something new would have been found.

correcaminos

What you are confusing is what was expedited. The study portion where they actually did the testing was not expedited. They may have had 1/2 or 2/3 merged phases but the total numbers and time it took to get results was not rushed. Not at all. So please stop spreading wrong information.

None of that aspect needs to be on your radar. It's not about the length of time with vaccines, it's about pure volume. These side effects were so rare they needed millions and millions to see it. The usual 10s of thousands was not enough was all which says how rare things are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom