Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBuford

Everyone can go and get first dose? Of course there is a wait time in between but that is the same with all vaccines so not sure what your point it?
My point is that availability in the UK isn't instant as it is in the US (and has been since April), and you have to wait much longer before your second dose. That means that restrictions will be lifted while there are still millions of people who are waiting for their second (or even their first) shot.

ETA: I may be mistaken as far as the bolded is concerned, or it may vary from place to place. Still, it remains the case that not everyone who want to be fully vaccinated will have had the opportunity by "Freedom Day" (19 July).

Last edited:

LittleBuford

Quoted from the UK government itself:

"By 19 July, all adults will have been offered a first dose and around two thirds of all adults will have been offered two doses of the vaccine."

Compare this to the situation in the US, where the vast majority of people who want the vaccine have been in a position to get it for months now.

lisa12000

Quoted from the UK government itself:

"By 19 July, all adults will have been offered a first dose and around two thirds of all adults will have been offered two doses of the vaccine."

Compare this to the situation in the US, where the vast majority of people who want the vaccine have been in a position to get it for months now.

im not sure what your point is - although many people have to wait for their second dose by the time we get to the 19th we will have nearly 70% of the adult population vaccinated fully - no matter the wait that is comparable or even better than where the US is now? Thats because our uptake is getting towards 90% of the adult population so obvs we will have more waiting

LittleBuford

im not sure what your point is - although many people have to wait for their second dose by the time we get to the 19th we will have nearly 70% of the adult population vaccinated fully - no matter the wait that is comparable or even better than where the US is now? Thats because our uptake is getting towards 90% of the adult population so obvs we will have more waiting
My point is that "Freedom Day" could and should have been delayed a little to allow everyone who wants the vaccine to receive it. We're nearly there, so why give up at the eleventh hour?

correcaminos

Yes in terms of its 18 plus. We have reached a bit of a ceiling though with smaller amounts of first doses being done now. Always going to happen in all countries of course but the only way uptake will be higher now is if we vaccinate 12-17 year olds and there is quite a lot of resistance over this.
I admit I have not looked in a while. 12-17 is still on hold with no date or idea if they actually will vaccinate yet, correct?

lisa12000

My point is that "Freedom Day" could and should have been delayed a little to allow everyone who wants the vaccine to receive it. We're nearly there, so why give up at the eleventh hour?
but that would be mid September, with the kids back at school, coming into the autumn and so virus season anyway etc. The fact is that the current restrictions are not holding delta so it wouldnt be a case of just delaying until September we would have to go back into more stringent restrictions - im not sure anyone would put up with that tbh.

lisa12000

I admit I have not looked in a while. 12-17 is still on hold with no date or idea if they actually will vaccinate yet, correct?
No. Our JCVI say that they want more safety data prior to saying whether to or not. The vaccine has been approved for the age group but they suggest that the cost-benefit analysis is in favour of not giving it them at the moment due the little risk of the virus.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
but that would be mid September, with the kids back at school, coming into the autumn and so virus season anyway etc. The fact is that the current restrictions are not holding delta so it wouldnt be a case of just delaying until September we would have to go back into more stringent restrictions - im not sure anyone would put up with that tbh.
I don't WANT to be happen if restrictions come back in NJ and NY as indoor mask mandate and social distancing again....😭

LittleBuford

You're probably right when it comes to the bolded, so I can't lay all the blame at the government's feet.

At any rate, I hope the months ahead prove me wrong and things go better than I fear they will.

ABQ

Well just finished watching Italy win and that stadium was just jam packed with people. Are they looking for proof of vaccines in the UK at these events or was that just well....Delta gonna Delta?

Flugell

Has the UK reached the point that the US has with vaccines that anyone who wants one can go at any time and get one?
Absolutely! Available to all over 18’s with no appointment and pop up centres set up in areas of high infection. Don’t have to be registered with a doctor either. Couldn’t be easier but have to wait the required time, now 8 weeks generally, before the second dose! Been like this for a few weeks now.

Flugell

Well just finished watching Italy win and that stadium was just jam packed with people. Are they looking for proof of vaccines in the UK at these events or was that just well....Delta gonna Delta?
From what I’ve just researched proof of vaccines or negative test results were required for all over 11 year olds. This is part of a trial, including Wimbledon.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Absolutely! Available to all over 18’s with no appointment and pop up centres set up in areas of high infection. Don’t have to be registered with a doctor either. Couldn’t be easier but have to wait the required time, now 8 weeks generally, before the second dose! Been like this for a few weeks now.

Since they are waiting 8 weeks for the second dose, is supply still an issue?

correcaminos

No. Our JCVI say that they want more safety data prior to saying whether to or not. The vaccine has been approved for the age group but they suggest that the cost-benefit analysis is in favour of not giving it them at the moment due the little risk of the virus.
Thanks for the answer! What do you feel is the overall consensus of adults (not the health people, but general population) and parents feel about this? Also with this approve but not recommended do you know if any 12+ can get it? Sorry if I sound stupid, trying to understand.

Flugell

Thanks for the answer! What do you feel is the overall consensus of adults (not the health people, but general population) and parents feel about this? Also with this approve but not recommended do you know if any 12+ can get it? Sorry if I sound stupid, trying to understand.
Don’t know how parents feel as not in that situation but know that vulnerable youngsters can be vaccinated for their own protection or to protect vulnerable people they live with. Not sure if it has to be approved by doctor first but would guess so.

lisa12000

I think it is very split tbh. Members of of my own family are very happy for their children to be vaccinated but I have a lot of friends mainly teachers who would not vaxx their children.

as flugell says vulnerable under 18s can get vaccinated but not others right now. Some regional authorities have gone rogue abd done 16/17 year olds but they shouldn’t have done

correcaminos

Don’t know how parents feel as not in that situation but know that vulnerable youngsters can be vaccinated for their own protection or to protect vulnerable people they live with. Not sure if it has to be approved by doctor first but would guess so.
Thank you!

I think it is very split tbh. Members of of my own family are very happy for their children to be vaccinated but I have a lot of friends mainly teachers who would not vaxx their children.

as flugell says vulnerable under 18s can get vaccinated but not others right now. Some regional authorities have gone rogue abd done 16/17 year olds but they shouldn’t have done
Thank you as well. I will guess not much different than here though our 'reluctance' is the same as adults as a whole. Glad that those who need it can, but sad it's so hard for those who want it.

You will smile here, we had the FDA approving it and then the CDC recommendation. Our state leader said "get kids asap" and so some clinics didn't wait for the CDC stamp of approval 2 days later. So we had my 13yo in before the majority of people could. Some states gave the go ahead as well for vaccination the day FDA said yes to it. Kind of like your regional people did.

So was 16 & 17 not included with the adult approvals?

lisa12000

Thank you!

Thank you as well. I will guess not much different than here though our 'reluctance' is the same as adults as a whole. Glad that those who need it can, but sad it's so hard for those who want it.

You will smile here, we had the FDA approving it and then the CDC recommendation. Our state leader said "get kids asap" and so some clinics didn't wait for the CDC stamp of approval 2 days later. So we had my 13yo in before the majority of people could. Some states gave the go ahead as well for vaccination the day FDA said yes to it. Kind of like your regional people did.

So was 16 & 17 not included with the adult approvals?

haha yep - for us it was mainly in the hotspots that had flared up originally with delta such as in the north west England - fact is school age children have had a shocking time and schools are an absolute mess - we cannot go on like this come September when they go back - if vaccinating then means they get uninterrupted education then so be it

and no - 16/17 Year old come under the same designation as 12-15 year olds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom