Disney alienates 90% of their guests......What is going on?

eliza61nyc

No that's Social Stratification.

I can't affored to stay at a deluxe. How do you think it makes me feel when people with money can give me the finger, laugh, as the walk into somewhere I am not allowed simply because I am poor? I save for a long time to go to WDW because it was magical for us. Think it's magical any more?
those folks are just morons. So I never thought an entry fee meant all access equally. Now I don't know why Disney is the only business were having social stratification (just using your term because I couldn't think of any other) is bad or unusual.
It happens all the time.

• First class plane ticket holders board first, get better food and personalized service.
  • on my american express card if you bump up to the platinum card (with it's hefty annual fee) you get bonuses such as in airport lounges and first crack at concert tickets etc. now for me it's not worth the fee, for my gal pal that travels a lot she will sell her kidney to get that airport lounge.
  • and some thing as simple as the Hilton club gives the member better or upscale rooms and treatment.
  • folks who purchase into that 33 club at Disney most definitely get another experience

• Again the idiots that that laugh at you are just that idiots. Unfortunately stupidity is free and observed at every income level

eliza61nyc

The world I live in uses the same shade of green cash...yours AND mine. So what you're saying to a "blue collar" guest is since you can't afford to stay at a luxury resort, but did make the conscious decision to stay in one of our values as opposed to the Holiday Inn off property, you're SOL?? Is that what you're sayin'?? If it is, me thinks you've been hit one too many times with the hockey puck, Hockey89..
but you have to know the more "green" you have, the difference there is in you experience. It's not new nor unheard of.

The guest staying in a double room at the waldorf in Vegas is not getting the same perks that some one who books the Presidential suite. I can't believe that you really think they do.

I'm not saying they are "sol" just that the experience is different. I wouldn't expect someone who paid for the keys to the kingdom tour to wait in any line at all. yes their money is green but it's just a lot more of it.

Smiley/OCD

but you have to know the more "green" you have, the difference there is in you experience. It's not new nor unheard of.

The guest staying in a double room at the waldorf in Vegas is not getting the same perks that some one who books the Presidential suite. I can't believe that you really think they do.

I'm not saying they are "sol" just that the experience is different. I wouldn't expect someone who paid for the keys to the kingdom tour to wait in any line at all. yes their money is green but it's just a lot more of

I'm not saying they are "sol" just that the experience is different. I wouldn't expect someone who paid for the keys to the kingdom tour to wait in any line at all. yes their money is green but it's just a lot more of it.
Ok, let Disney be fair and say free fast passes are only going to be given to the private tour groups that book a opening to closing tour NOT the minimum few hours…let’s see how that goes over

graphite1326

Completely disagree.

Its not about blue or white collar its about what you're willing to spend for what perks. None of us here in America are entitled to the same thing for the most part. I'd expect different amenities at the Waldorf Astoria than I would at the Holiday Inn here in NYC, why is a Disney resort area any different?
Yes but the Waldorf perks are within the hotel. We are debating about perks outside of the resort. The people staying at Disney delux pay the extra for the luxury of the resort they are staying at. The values don't have hot tubs, spas, orchestra in the lobby etc. Values are also the farthest away from the parks and the bus stops at the parks are the farthest away.

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

Completely disagree.

Its not about blue or white collar its about what you're willing to spend for what perks. None of us here in America are entitled to the same thing for the most part. I'd expect different amenities at the Waldorf Astoria than I would at the Holiday Inn here in NYC, why is a Disney resort area any different?
We’ll then let’s see how that new policy will reflect in potential vacancies at the values…soon there will no longer be an advantage in staying in one…everyone in here complains about guests who feel they’re entitled…that apple that fell from the tree must be awfully close…

OG Runner

those folks are just morons. So I never thought an entry fee meant all access equally. Now I don't know why Disney is the only business were having social stratification (just using your term because I couldn't think of any other) is bad or unusual.
It happens all the time.

• First class plane ticket holders board first, get better food and personalized service.
  • on my american express card if you bump up to the platinum card (with it's hefty annual fee) you get bonuses such as in airport lounges and first crack at concert tickets etc. now for me it's not worth the fee, for my gal pal that travels a lot she will sell her kidney to get that airport lounge.
  • and some thing as simple as the Hilton club gives the member better or upscale rooms and treatment.
  • folks who purchase into that 33 club at Disney most definitely get another experience

• Again the idiots that that laugh at you are just that idiots. Unfortunately stupidity is free and observed at every income level

I have a Disney Chase card and get special character meet and greets. :D

DisneyMusician2

Yes but the Waldorf perks are within the hotel. We are debating about perks outside of the resort. The people staying at Disney delux pay the extra for the luxury of the resort they are staying at. The values don't have hot tubs, spas, orchestra in the lobby etc. They are also the farthest away from the parks and the bus stops at the partks are the farthest away.
Yes but concierge services get you upgraded experiences and activities around the city you might not have access to as a layperson. I don't see much of a difference here other than they are being publicized more. And these perks aren't outside the resort really, they are part of the Disney resort as a whole. Same if you did this on other resort-level properties in vacation areas.

Tom P.

It was a metaphor.
You ignored everything else that I said and only chose to respond that it was a metaphor? You have no comment on any other part of my argument?

Yes, I am aware that it was a metaphor. I did not think that people were literally giving you the finger. That wasn't the point of my argument.

Club Cooloholic

This is true, Disney has been doing dessert parties at crazy prices for years. That said, whenever you take something away that you previously included you run the risk of alienating a customer. Disney feels they can do that with their value and moderate guests. Thats fine but I think it is a dangerous game especially considering how great the cheaper onsite hotels are at Universal compared to WDW. It's as if they are saying "Take my guests, please!"

Smiley/OCD

Why? Because you’re spending $$ to stay in a Disney resort…are we going to have a caste system when staying on property?

Let’s charge double parking fees if you drive a luxury car…
Are guests going to be penalized for bringing their own food into the parks?
What’s next…oh I know, let’s take out ALL the coffee makers and microwaves from the values so guests MUST purchase food on property. Guests in deluxe resorts can have that perk since they spent so much for their rooms, they should be ENTITLED to eat and drink their own…where will it end?

OG Runner

This is true, Disney has been doing dessert parties at crazy prices for years. That said, whenever you take something away that you previously included you run the risk of alienating a customer. Disney feels they can do that with their value and moderate guests. Thats fine but I think it is a dangerous game especially considering how great the cheaper onsite hotels are at Universal compared to WDW. It's as if they are saying "Take my guests, please!"

Nice to throw in a dig using Universal. You do realize that the Universal Express Pass is included if you have a resort room at the Portofino
or the Hard Rock, but not at Cabana Bay or the wonderful Endless Summer resort. You know, now that you pointed it out, maybe Disney decided to do it, because they saw Universal was able to get away with it. The same way Universal was charging for resort parking years before Disney ever did it. By the way, I have been to Cabana Bay, great is not a description I would use.

OG Runner

Why? Because you’re spending $$ to stay in a Disney resort…are we going to have a caste system when staying on property?

What’s next…oh I know, let’s take out ALL the coffee makers and microwaves from the values so guests MUST purchase food on property. Guests in deluxe resorts can have that perk since they spent so much for their rooms, they should be ENTITLED to eat and drink their own…where will it end?

They have, in ways, already done the first thing you pointed out. The overnight resort parking fee is higher at the
deluxe resorts. It is in fact higher at the Grand Floridian than it is at the All Star resorts.

eliza61nyc

lol they already do some of that and not just at Disney. I find with all business, they push the limits. anyone remember when all airline seats in coach were the same price? lol now you pay easy an extra 40 for a seat that supposedly gives you a few more inches of legroom. once the first airline did it successfully they all followed suit. don't even get me started with remembering when you got a meal on board.

when I first started going there was no magical express, mears was the only game in town if you didn't want to cab it. I get your point, I really do, it always sucks when "perks" start disappearing. It will end when folks no longer want to come.
I'm sure that there will be a line in the sand that I come up against and I say "that's it" I'm out but I've never felt that I'm entitled to some thing someone that has more dough to blow is able to purchase.

there has always be a "caste" system (to use your description).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom