News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

durangojim

Welcome back, old friend.
2857DDDC-B7AE-419C-8458-04E624803450.jpeg

TTA94

Some may not have noticed but they were using the new “firefly” lights in the hub tonight. I saw a few colors mixed in. Likely not supposed to look like that.

In the Parks
Yes
They launch off cherry pickers during the NYE tag @ Epcot.
Good point but to be technically correct the tag launches are off scissor lifts. In addition, the console shown is not part of any Disney launch system that I have seen. And in general, Disney uses graphical consoles (console drawn on a computer monitor), aided by a small physical work surface (just a bunch of buttons and sliders). The time code would have been on the screen, not the work surface. The program(s) are automated so once the testing is over there is no need for the screens and work surface, although there are still several monitoring systems in the park (for example in the tower(s) in Mexico and Canada), where a supervisor has to enable the show as well as allow for the show to be placed in one of several 'abbreviated' modes, or cancelled / aborted at any time. For the most part, WDW does not have a safe place to store loaded platforms or trailers so they do try to explode as many shells as they can (with bad weather, delays, etc.). The shells could be unloaded but it is much more dangerous that just firing them, even if they have to do that at 2AM. I think that's about all I know about this subject. Oh, except that the fire control system is located right there under the big hub planter!

TTA94

Calling it now when FoF comes back, IF it comes back and in its pre covid form, the intro will be now be “Hear ye Hear ye, Welcome to the Magic Kingdom….

Calling it now when FoF comes back, IF it comes back and in its pre covid form, the intro will be now be “Hear ye Hear ye, Welcome to the Magic Kingdom….
To be fair they already changed the intro slightly before, from "Disney's Festival of Fantasy" to "Disney's Festival of Fantasy Parade" sometime after the release so another change isn't too surprising.

Also it looks like even today they're missing some low pyro.

CuteAsMinnie

To be fair they already changed the intro slightly before, from "Disney's Festival of Fantasy" to "Disney's Festival of Fantasy Parade" sometime after the release so another change isn't too surprising.

Also it looks like even today they're missing some low pyro.
Quite a bit was missing yesterday. It may be because of the rain??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom