FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crunchie9

Yes.. but we have seen, other than restaurant openings, announcements are at least 3 months in advance, often far more. Early Entry was announced months ago... with firm start date announced now, 3 months in advance. The opening of Ratatouille announced over 6 months in advance, etc.
They reassured the return of the dining plan -- without even a date. Why not give the same assurance for FP?

Yes, FP could be the next announcement -- But the start date would still be months away, late 2021/early 2022 at the earliest.
Watch out, you shouldnt be sharing privy information from the board meetings.

pdude81

Are you getting enough oxygen?
D4YNE-TXkAAchjV.jpg

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Here is my thoughts on what will happen:
1 FP a day for those staying in Value or Disney Good Neighbor hotels
2 FPs a day for those in Moderates
3 FPs a day for those in Deluxe and Deluxe Villas

If you want more (or if you are staying off property and want them) you can pay $___.

nickys

Premium Member
Yes.. but we have seen, other than restaurant openings, announcements are at least 3 months in advance, often far more. Early Entry was announced months ago... with firm start date announced now, 3 months in advance. The opening of Ratatouille announced over 6 months in advance, etc.
They reassured the return of the dining plan -- without even a date. Why not give the same assurance for FP?

Yes, FP could be the next announcement -- But the start date would still be months away, late 2021/early 2022 at the earliest.
Fireworks returning wasn’t anywhere near three months. Nor were the various changes to mask wearing and social distancing.

I agree it may not return immediately, but I think it will almost certainly be by October 1st. Rat is opening then and they’ll want to announce something by then, be it FP, VQ or stand-by only.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Here is my thoughts on what will happen:
1 FP a day for those staying in Value or Disney Good Neighbor hotels
2 FPs a day for those in Moderates
3 FPs a day for those in Deluxe and Deluxe Villas

If you want more (or if you are staying off property and want them) you can pay $___.
Part 4 is the flaw in your theory…how do they price them/package them and not overrun the on property ones?

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Part 4 is the flaw in your theory…how do they price them/package them and not overrun the on property ones?
Buy singles while in park? Dynamic pricing! :D
agree with @dreday3. also if you remember before FP went away, everyone (those on property and off property) got three and then you could add on 1 at a time once the first three were used. This time they just charge for them. (hope they are not reading this, lol)

agree with @dreday3. also if you remember before FP went away, everyone (those on property and off property) got three and then you could add on 1 at a time once the first three were used. This time they just charge for them. (hope they are not reading this, lol)
If they don't let you get more after using the ones you have, I'm out.

havoc315

Fireworks returning wasn’t anywhere near three months. Nor were the various changes to mask wearing and social distancing.

I agree it may not return immediately, but I think it will almost certainly be by October 1st. Rat is opening then and they’ll want to announce something by then, be it FP, VQ or stand-by only.

Public announcement of fireworks was only a few weeks in advance. Internally -- with leaky rumors -- the plans for return of fireworks were known for quite a while. Which is why so many leaks talking about the early July return. No such specific leaks about FP.

And dropping masking wasn't a structural change -- didn't require any technology changes or staffing changes. It was literally just an announcement, "you don't need to wear masks anymore."

nickys

Premium Member
They could end up doing any of these things being discussed.

But has anything been said recently by our insiders that suggests they’ve changed their minds from the Shanghai system?

That would still allow some “extra perks” for certain groups if they so wanted to, be it free FPs, early booking etc. But still be essentially the same system as Shanghai and DLP use, with tweaks to suit WDW.

nickys

Premium Member
Public announcement of fireworks was only a few weeks in advance. Internally -- with leaky rumors -- the plans for return of fireworks were known for quite a while. Which is why so many leaks talking about the early July return. No such specific leaks about FP.

And dropping masking wasn't a structural change -- didn't require any technology changes or staffing changes. It was literally just an announcement, "you don't need to wear masks anymore."
But there has been a very specific hint here as to the FP system they are or were intending to use (see the post right above this one wifi you need a reminder).

Waters Back Side

I believe Martin, but what i meant is it will be more like the old FP or MaxPass and cant be booked until you are in park............my fault, should have clarified my statement......free available but only day of so no advanced booking
I still think it will be both. Following the path of the extra hours announcement. They take some of the perk away and give it to the other.

3 free for all resort guests like the past. Deluxe/Delixe Villas only get the additional fast passes after the 3 are free. Would that upset a lot of people? Yes. For me, I'll take what I can get. Plan 3 rides (I go to the parks twice each anyway)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I haven't seen any rumors about the timing of initiating such system.

Sorry, not the timing. I was referring to the discussion about what the system might be.
Hints are just that…decisions like this are contained in the board room…no “leaks” from the dopey conference room.
Something is a coming…if I know the rat they are floating multiple things and watching/data diving

nickys

Premium Member
Hints are just that…decisions like this are contained in the board room…no “leaks” from the dopey conference room.
Something is a coming…if I know the rat they are floating multiple things and watching/data diving
I’m aware of your views around this.

However you can’t deny that we have some people here who really do find things out long before they’re made public. Of course, maybe they’re all just “lucky guesses” going back two decades or more.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m aware of your views around this.

However you can’t deny that we have some people here who really do find things out long before they’re made public. Of course, maybe they’re all just “lucky guesses” going back two decades or more.
That’s not what I’m saying at all…

if this is a revenue stream…which is a safe bet…it’s out of the hands of the sundial building in disney springs and has nothing to do with WDI…which is where 99.9% of “sources” come from…

this is executive level in Burbank…or more likely in an office with moodys, vanguard and blackrock in lower manhattan…I’ll be near there tomorrow…I can wear my Mickey ears and wave. 😎

…who am I kidding? I don’t have Mickey ears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom