Disney alienates 90% of their guests......What is going on?

Jeff4272

Original Poster
With the news of the new hours for deluxe resort guests only, what is the incentive to stay on property in a value or moderate resort? It seems to me that Disney just alienated 90%+ of their guests with the newest moves they have made to the parks.

1) No more Magical Express
2) no more Extra Magic Hours
3) no more free Magic Bands
4) no more free parking at resorts
5) transportation is mostly busses which are very inefficient
6) Likely no more advanced FP booking with new paid FP coming*

What is the incentive to stay in a moderate or value resort going forward? You lost all those perks, including not being able to stay late in the parks now that its only for deluxe resort guests and the only one you get is to get in the parks 30 minutes early in the morning.......Is that even a benefit for most guests?

Plus Disney alienated all AP holders and day pass guests by banning them from rope drop and losing that advantage as well as banning them from staying late in the parks.......

*I would bet this is their next announcement

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

FWIW, they also alienated anyone staying onsite at all before October 1. What's the point when there's no advantage to doing so?

UPDATE: In recognition of this fact, and due to Disney's e-mail informing us there will be no monorail service at the Polynesian during our August stay, we are canceling our Polynesian standard room package and have moved "off-site" -- sort of -- to a premium suite at the Dolphin. If we want to stay deluxe in a couple years to claim these forthcoming touring benefits (you know, the kinds of benefits we used to get for free, except that the "new" extra hours are pathetically reduced from former EMH), we'll need the several hundred dollars we saved by making this change. ;)

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

For the guests who are first timers or those who will go once and have no intention of returning for multiple trips... its only about the money being saved at the resorts. Guests booking resorts first thought is how much am I paying for a night in comparison to the deluxe rates. They arent focusing on what was in the past and has been taken away.
For the guests who are return WDW goers, its a love of the resort they have stayed at. The on site immersion. The tradition theyve developed. Those things they are willing to accept are more important to them despite the missing elements.
I can accept no DME... we no longer fly, we drive.
Yes... EMH's are sorely missed... we took advantage of them throughout our trips.
I can accept no free MB... isnt costly to buy and using other devices work well. in comparison to other trip components a MB is paltry.
I can accept no free parking... we have a w/c van so we arent charged for parking.
I enjoy the WDW transportation buses.. Ive never viewed them as being bad or inefficient getting around.
I'm unsure about FP+ ... depends on whats coming out as to whether I see its value. I wouldnt be opposed to paying a fee.

DisneyMusician2

For the guests who are first timers or those who will go once and have no intention of returning for multiple trips... its only about the money being saved at the resorts. Guests booking resorts first thought is how much am I paying for a night in comparison to the deluxe rates. They arent focusing on what was in the past and has been taken away.
For the guests who are return WDW goers, its a love of the resort they have stayed at. The on site immersion. The tradition theyve developed. Those things they are willing to accept are more important to them despite the missing elements.
Yes... EMH's are sorely missed... we took advantage of them throughout our trips.
I can accept no free MB... isnt costly to buy and using other devices work well. in comparison to other trip components a MB is paltry.
I can accept no free parking... we have a w/c van so we arent charged for parking.
I enjoy the WDW transportation buses.. Ive never viewed them as being bad or inefficient getting around.
I'm unsure about FP+ ... depends on whats coming out as to whether I see its value. I wouldnt be opposed to paying a fee.
Agreed to all of the above...is it bad that I've been going for 30 years and still have fun? Kinda wonder if I'm the last one who enjoys the hotels and the parks, or maybe pricing doesn't look that crazy cause I could pay just as much staying in a hotel 30 miles from my house on a Tuesday night in NYC as on property, or maybe people don't remember how often over the years Disney almost ran itself into the ground financially.

Sure I'll miss some things that went away, but I avoided EMH parks like the plague anyway on mornings, I don't drive so don't care about parking, always thought a good TouringPlan was better than a FP anyway, and the DME thing I really will miss but I also remember vividly a time before DME and somehow we all got along just fine.

Let my roasting begin, but just saying.

DisneyMusician2

With the news of the new hours for deluxe resort guests only, what is the incentive to stay on property in a value or moderate resort? It seems to me that Disney just alienated 90%+ of their guests with the newest moves they have made to the parks.

What is the incentive to stay in a moderate or value resort going forward? You lost all those perks, including not being able to stay late in the parks now that its only for deluxe resort guests and the only one you get is to get in the parks 30 minutes early in the morning.......Is that even a benefit for most guests?

Plus Disney alienated all AP holders and day pass guests by banning them from rope drop and losing that advantage as well as banning them from staying late in the parks.......

I honestly don't think they are trying to incentivize you to stay at their lower properties, why would they? They want to push occupancy at their higher tier properties and give it more of a value for spending the money they are charging.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Epic-Quotes-By-Yogi-Berra-014.png

Dean123

We pay big dollars to stay at a deluxe resort. Twice as much as much as a value resort, so before you wine about it, you know that extra time in the park is not worth it for you. It is to me, and I pay through the nose for it.

Thank you Disney for giving us people who pay for everything in the park, finally giving us something. Anytime you want to join us rooms are there!

Jrb1979

We have ALWAYS stayed on property at the moderates (except one time) but now I am thinking more and more about staying offsite. I just worry if it won't be as magical. The one time we stayed off property it just didn't feel the same. Does that make sense?
I look at that differently with staying off site. IMO better and cheaper food options. For what you pay at Disney for lodging you can get bigger and better rooms.

Smiley/OCD

We pay big dollars to stay at a deluxe resort. Twice as much as much as a value resort, so before you wine about it, you know that extra time in the park is not worth it for you. It is to me, and I pay through the nose for it.

Thank you Disney for giving us people who pay for everything in the park, finally giving us something. Anytime you want to join us rooms are there!
Whoa, stop the clock!! Just because we're not staying in a deluxe, doesn't mean our benefits of staying on property should be any different. We CAN stay at a deluxe (and have-GF) but IMHO, it's a total waste of money for the amount of time we actually spend at the resort. Last time I checked, Chase doesn't have a platinum or black Disney card...mine is just as good as yours...I'll hold the ladder while you climb off that high horse.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No

Um, it's not always an option for people to just pay more.
I almost always stay deluxe and for me, it's worth it. But I don't think people who stay at Pop or CBR deserve less of a magical visit. That's such a wrong way to view it. I want anyone staying on property to get the magical extras.

crawale

I would add no more reservations 180 days out. Plus don't forget you don't get your sheets changed unless you do it yourself. Disney have extended any 'perks' to non-Disney hotels so why would you stay in a Disney property? It has become all about seeing what they can eliminate and guests still pay premium prices.

castlecake2.0

The perk of staying on site is that you’re staying on site. A lot of these things you’re talking about were added over the years for different reasons and now Covid gave them a chance to restart. The first time I stayed at All Star Movies there was:

No magical express
No extra magic hours
No magic bands
No fastpass
No poolside activity team
No outdoor movies

The park of being at a Disney resort was the included resort to park transportation, being close to everything, and knowing that you had a safe clean resort to return to each night. It feels like a lot of of people feel Disney “owes” them for staying at one of their resorts, but people need to look at what’s included in the reservation and see if they thinks it’s worth it or not. If you don’t think it’s worth it then there’s lots of other hotels to stay at off property. If you book it knowing what’s included you can’t spend the whole trip thinking you’re owed anything more than what was listed as included in the reservation you agreed to.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Whoa, stop the clock!! Just because we're not staying in a deluxe, doesn't mean our benefits of staying on property should be any different. We CAN stay at a deluxe (and have-GF) but IMHO, it's a total waste of money for the amount of time we actually spend at the resort. Last time I checked, Chase doesn't have a platinum or black Disney card...mine is just as good as yours...I'll hold the ladder while you climb off that high horse.
It unfortunately can and does.

A business has much more incentive to provide additional perks for a higher profit margin service in an attempt to steer more customers to the higher profit margin service.

It sucks, but that is capitalism.

Jeff4272

Original Poster
Makes no sense to me.....You're willing to pay more for less......what if they took the water away in the room because water is too expensive for a value resort? Obviously trying to make a point and the point is, where is your line where you say they took too much away for not only what i pay, but for what i can get offsite for a cheaper price and higher quality

Pirate Magic

Yes it does!!! But by doing this Disney thinks that everyone who loves to go to Disney will either go to the Deluxe Resort or buy DVC. You know giving a little crumb so everyone will do what they want everyone to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom