News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

dreday3

At this point I just want to know the dates in October so I can change up reservations in October if I have to so I can avoid the evening EMH parks if they are going to be crowded that day. Not so easy to change on the fly anymore...

deix15x8

Seems like the evening benefit is a more accessible version of Moonlight Magic. As a DVC member I've never been able to experience one. Like the majority of owners trips are planned long in advance and it's all luck if one falls during your trip. The closest I've come is a Disneyland event during my Disney World trip, right timing but still couldn't go. It seems like it may be a similar thing but expanded to deluxe resorts. By doing it more often it increases people’s chance of going and removes the locals so it’s more applicable to actual bookings. It may not have as many features but I'd take a lesser version that I'm able to go to every trip over a better one that in how many years of them doing it I've never once been able to experience.

DisneyNorthFan

My opinion, and it's just that, is this is a step in the right direction. It could be great with some small tweaks.

All resorts are getting extra time in the AM, across all 4 parks. I wish it were a bit more time, but the premise is good in that it will spread the guests out and doesn't require any special planning. This is a win, and could easily be a bigger win.

An additional perk of night hours for some resort guests also seems like a fair way to incentivize folks to stay at Deluxe. The entire system of extra hours has an element of favoritism ... so it seems disingenuous to say it's unfair to offer to Deluxe guests. I rarely stay Deluxe, but occasionally splurge or find an economical way into this tier (big discount or renting DVC points). I realize this isn't possible for everyone, but it's not fair to say it's only for the rich. That being said, WDW could really solve the problem by extending hours for everyone, and then adding these extra hours on top of that. I'm sure some folks will still think it's unfair, but if everyone can stay in the parks on a busy nights until 10 or 11pm, I think it would be justified to "overlook" these complaints while letting those in Deluxe stay even later.

jaklgreen

i hope they would go back to evening magic hours for all resort guests when things start getting more back to normal. right now it kind of comes off that they care more for deluxe resort guests vs value & moderate guests as they throw them a crumb for early morning hour.
i know i’ll probably be crucified for this, but that’s just my initial opinion on this announcement.

I would like to see them bring back the evening EMH for those staying at a Disney hotel only. I don't think that the good neighbor hotels should be included in that perk.

MrPromey

I mean, it's not like they are giving the deluxe resorts an "extra" perk, they are giving the same perk as before but taking it away from the lower tier.

One might argue that the extra perk is not having to share that extra time with the more common folk.*

*I intentionally said it that way to be snotty but in all seriousness, having the parks with even fewer people in them might be an additional selling point if they don't try to double up with doing it at the same time as the paid extra hours.

... then again, knowing Disney...

Last edited:

Jeff4272

Today I went to Studios and by 8:30 when I got there they were already letting people in and all the rides were open despite official opening at 9.
Yes but when the new rules are put in place, there will be a "resort guests only" line to get into the park

FantasiaMickey2000

Not exactly.

Everyone knew they needed a ticket to get in that’s assumed.

Not everyone understands they need a reservation to get into a park that’s not really intuitive.

To a average clueless guest this will be a touch more confusing.
You can’t buy a Disney vacation package without it first giving you a pop up about park reservations. I really don’t think the average guest is that clueless. And if they are, they probably aren’t the type of person who would even know about this event in the first place.

phillip9698

My opinion, and it's just that, is this is a step in the right direction. It could be great with some small tweaks.

All resorts are getting extra time in the AM, across all 4 parks. I wish it were a bit more time, but the premise is good in that it will spread the guests out and doesn't require any special planning. This is a win, and could easily be a bigger win.

An additional perk of night hours for some resort guests also seems like a fair way to incentivize folks to stay at Deluxe. The entire system of extra hours has an element of favoritism ... so it seems disingenuous to say it's unfair to offer to Deluxe guests. I rarely stay Deluxe, but occasionally splurge or find an economical way into this tier (big discount or renting DVC points). I realize this isn't possible for everyone, but it's not fair to say it's only for the rich. That being said, WDW could really solve the problem by extending hours for everyone, and then adding these extra hours on top of that. I'm sure some folks will still think it's unfair, but if everyone can stay in the parks on a busy nights until 10 or 11pm, I think it would be justified to "overlook" these complaints while letting those in Deluxe stay even later.

If Covid never happened do you think Disney would have been able to remove a benefit such as EMH from everyone except Deluxe guests and spin it as a positive?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom