FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt9112

Actually, I know the answer. Our first trip to WDW was in 1984. In the years following, we visited with my mom, who was then in her late 60’s, prior to the start of any sort of FastPass system. Waits for the most popular rides were often 60 to 90 minutes. Our way of dealing with it was to skip the rides like Splash and Space Mountain. FP+ would have been better than missing the most popular rides.

Im sorry your mom wouldn't let yall wait in line? Is kind of the jist i get?

Ripken10

The poster said his son rode Alien Saucers 11 times, obviously a different park.
The MK statistics are theoretically possible if his son was allowed to ride an attraction like Dumbo multiple times consecutively, possibly without even exiting the ride vehicle.
Always exiting the ride vehicle. Always got back in line. In fact, they had to measure my son everytime he got in line even though they just saw him. Aliens for instance he rode at 3 different times of the day (his new phrase was "again" after each ride as we rushed to get back in line). Aliens we rode a few times where they were only running people on one side (the line for Slinky was an hour, but nobody was riding Aliens or Midway. There was a few times we rode barnstormer with no one else on the ride.

At MK, most rides were 10 minutes or less waits. At some point in the day nearly every ride had a point where it had a 10 minute wait or shorter. We rode 7 dwarfs with about a 30 minute wait. Winnie the Pooh had a longer wait in the morning, but by mid day it was less than 10 minutes (when we rode it). Peter Pan we did first with a 5 minute wait. Carpets, Carousel and teacups all had minimal to no waits.
It didn't seem that empty (the last day actually did feel pretty empty), but we timed things really well (with help from lentesta) and hit rides at optimal times to reduce wait times. It is what it is. Believe it or not, it did happen.

mikejs78

Premium Member
two weeks ago we were there and the lines were extremely manageable (not saying they are now). MK my son rode 33 rides in approx 6 hours. At HS my son did Alien Saucers at least a dozen times as well as several others (didn't count that day) with never waiting more than 15 minutes (we did do Millenium through the single rider line twice, and did do boarding groups for rise). Longest line all week was 45 min due to the ride breaking down.

Obviously not the case this week, but 2021 hasn't been all bad for lines.

My sister and I were 33 and 26 respectively when it opened. We went on it 4 times that day.
9 years later it is an absolute must do multiple times when in MK.
We all have to face it. Some people love things and some people hate things. I hate Pandora and I'm sure I'll be flamed for it.

Not all of it. I was there in late April and late June. Two entirely different experiences. It's almost as if they want you to beg them to bring back Fastpass
Everyone saying how nice the parks felt without FastPass were really saying how nice the parks felt with substantially reduced capacity. Now that capacity is ramping up, we are seeing its effects.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Everyone saying how nice the parks felt without FastPass were really saying how nice the parks felt with substantially reduced capacity. Now that capacity is ramping up, we are seeing its effects.

Not sure as to why my Little Mermaid post got in here but I do fully agree with you.
Limited capacity made no FP+ possible because it was like turning the clock back 25 years when daily average attendance was more what the 2020 capacity was.
FP+ needs to and will come back in some form and my guess its it won't be much different than it was because that's the easiest route to take right now.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Not sure as to why my Little Mermaid post got in here but I do fully agree with you.
Limited capacity made no FP+ possible because it was like turning the clock back 25 years when daily average attendance was more what the 2020 capacity was.
FP+ needs to and will come back in some form and my guess its it won't be much different than it was because that's the easiest route to take right now.
Oops, I quoted yours for another reason and then promptly forgot about it. Was just going to comment that I personally think it's a fine ride - not an amazing headliner, but a nice, serviceable dark ride. My wife though, who grew up when the movie came out and watched it on VHS multiple times per week as a child, is in *love* with this attraction. It's her childhood. She can't stop from grinning ear to ear every single time she rides it.

I think sometimes people here underestimate the emotional responses that Disney rides can evoke, even if they aren't state of the art headliners.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Oops, I quoted yours for another reason and then promptly forgot about it. Was just going to comment that I personally think it's a fine ride - not an amazing headliner, but a nice, serviceable dark ride. My wife though, who grew up when the movie came out and watched it on VHS multiple times per week as a child, is in *love* with this attraction. It's her childhood. She can't stop from grinning ear to ear every single time she rides it.

I think sometimes people here underestimate the emotional responses that Disney rides can evoke, even if they aren't state of the art headliners.

Am I your wife? lol.
Everyday after preschool I would come home and put my Ariel dress on and watch the movie sitting on an ottoman that I'd use as my rock during the splash scene lol.

Jrb1979

I disagree cause all that will do is upset people more when they do charge for it after they being back the free one. I say start charging for it already. Give everyone 3 free ones and you pay for more. Time to stop the refresh warriors and get rid of advanced booking. Make it day of.

Grace61

I'm probably in the minority, as we aren't go every year people. My husband and I went on my honeymoon, and several times as our kids grew up, most recently as just a couple again when I did the WDW marathon about 7 years ago, I'm taking my 8 year old granddaughter on her first Disney trip in early August.
But while I think there should be some version of free fast pass, the system of having to do it months and months in advance and be "in the know" system seems crazy. It would make sense that AP holders would receive extra fast passes as a perk, or at least earlier acess window.
If the current reservation system stays in place, maybe you get the free fast pass codes when you buy your ticket, # based on #day ticket you buy. Then one week prior to your trip, you can login to get one assigned fast pass time for each park reservation day. Once you redeem that fast pass, then you can either go to a kiosk or the app to get one more free code for either park you are in, or if have a park hopper, any park. So say 2 free per day.
If you stay on a Disney property, they could make it a perk that you get an extra fast pass. But you only receive it upon check in and cant reserve before you check in. That would eliminate people just making a reservation to get the extra free fastpass.
You could still sell a "fast pass package" that would both get you, say an extra 3 fast passes, and the ability to reserve a month prior to arrival, or for a big $$ amount you could do like Universal and do unlimited fastpass - but that needs to be pricey enough/limited enough that the Fastpass line doesn't explode.
That would preserve the current 3 free fast passes, albeit without the extra early reserve time, and still give Disney the ability to monetize it.

Jrb1979

My sister and I were 33 and 26 respectively when it opened. We went on it 4 times that day.
9 years later it is an absolute must do multiple times when in MK.
We all have to face it. Some people love things and some people hate things. I hate Pandora and I'm sure I'll be flamed for it.
I hate almost all IP based attractions. The best ones are Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Country Bears, Haunted Mansion, and Everest.

Parker in NYC

All Current (at least major and/or film) attractions that are either unrelated to IP or reference IP in a way that doesn’t directly inspire the story/characters:

Jungle Cruise
Enchanted Tiki Room
Pirates of the Caribbean
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Country Bear Jamboree
Hall of Presidents
Haunted Mansion
Liberty Belle
it’s a small world
Tomorrowland Speedway
Space Mountain
PeopleMover
Astro Orbiter
WDW Railroad
Spaceship Earth
Living with the Land
Soarin’
Journey into Imagination with Figment
Mission: Space
Test Track
Wonders of China (hopefully Wondrous China stays IP-free)
The American Adventure
Impressions de France
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (non-Disney IP)
Rock and Rollercoaster (non-Disney IP)

Kilimanjaro Safaris
Wildlife Express Train/Parts of Conservation Station
Expedition Everest
Kali River Rapids
Feathered Friends in Flight (still running/flying?)

And entire parks:
Typhoon Lagoon
Blizzard Beach

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
All Current (at least major and/or film) attractions that are either unrelated to IP or reference IP in a way that doesn’t directly inspire the story/characters:

Jungle Cruise
Enchanted Tiki Room
Pirates of the Caribbean
Country Bear Jamboree
Hall of Presidents
Haunted Mansion
Liberty Belle
it’s a small world
Tomorrowland Speedway
Space Mountain
PeopleMover
Astro Orbiter
WDW Railroad
Spaceship Earth
Living with the Land
Soarin’
Test Track
The American Adventure
Impressions de France

Kilimanjaro Safaris
Expedition Everest
Kali River Rapids
Feathered Friends in Flight (still running?)
Dinosaur (I’ll argue that the later overlay doesn’t eclipse the original but I may be overly inclusive here)

And entire parks:
Typhoon Lagoon
Blizzard Beach
Dinosaur is pretty much directly tied into the movie. They took CTX and tied the dinosaur from the movie into the plot of the ride.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

Jungle Cruise
Enchanted Tiki Room
Pirates of the Caribbean
Country Bear Jamboree
Hall of Presidents
Haunted Mansion
Liberty Belle
it’s a small world
Tomorrowland Speedway
Space Mountain
PeopleMover
Astro Orbiter
WDW Railroad
Spaceship Earth
Living with the Land
Soarin’
Test Track
The American Adventure
Impressions de France

Kilimanjaro Safaris
Expedition Everest
Kali River Rapids

And entire parks:
Typhoon Lagoon
Blizzard Beach
I'll get this checklist to Chapek, ASAP!

FigmentFan82

Jungle Cruise
Enchanted Tiki Room
Pirates of the Caribbean
Country Bear Jamboree
Hall of Presidents
Haunted Mansion
Liberty Belle
it’s a small world
Tomorrowland Speedway
Space Mountain
PeopleMover
Astro Orbiter
WDW Railroad
Spaceship Earth
Living with the Land
Soarin’
Test Track
The American Adventure
Impressions de France

Kilimanjaro Safaris
Expedition Everest
Kali River Rapids

And entire parks:
Typhoon Lagoon
Blizzard Beach
Typhoon Lagoon/Blizzard Beach Cinematic Universe confirmed! TLBBCU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom