News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Incomudro

actually it doesn't bother me anymore or like I thought it would,,,, but since they destroyed WS lagoon that bothers me ten times more. I guess the building I got use to and can look past it once in the park,,but the lagoon is just depressing and disheartening.

I've yet to see either in person, but from what I can tell the lagoon is a bigger sin than the gravity building.

MaximumEd

People just don't appreciate that anymore. The majority of the theme park going public referred to UOE as the great nap ride. When it was open it often toped the lists of "Places to sleep at WDW".
I get it. The former attraction certainly needed a major refurb if it were to have remained. My greater point that I probably didn’t make as clear as I wanted was that WDI used to design ride systems or plus existing systems to the point that no one else could or would duplicate or top. Now, with Tron and this, we get RNRC’s two ugly step-sisters.

I get it. The former attraction certainly needed a major refurb if it were to have remained. My greater point that I probably didn’t make as clear as I wanted was that WDI used to design ride systems or plus existing systems to the point that no one else could or would duplicate or top. Now, with Tron and this, we get RNRC’s two ugly step-sisters.
From what we know, this will be a fairly unique ride system, with controlled rotation of trains to orient them towards show scenes. By all indications, the ride itself should blow RNRC out of the water. You can complain about the huge gravity building or the bloated budget, but it's just silly and inaccurate IMO to compare it unfavorably to RNRC.

Kamikaze

People just don't appreciate that anymore. The majority of the theme park going public referred to UOE as the great nap ride. When it was open it often toped the lists of "Places to sleep at WDW".
And it hadn't changed in 20+ years. People seem to forget how dated the ride was and how out of date the information presented also was.

Plus, you know, the whole Ellen problem.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
And it hadn't changed in 20+ years. People seem to forget how dated the ride was and how out of date the information presented also was.

Plus, you know, the whole Ellen problem.
That is the crux of the problem. Attractions like Horizons could still exist today if Disney was willing to do regular updates. Since it is obvious that they are not willing to do this across the board, attractions that just need to be maintained are the way to go.

lazyboy97o

Yes. That's why I said "fairly unique" rather than "totally one-of-a-kind never been done before." The point is that it's not just a normal rollercoaster. Again, I think there are totally valid concerns about location, budget, sight lines, etc. But I don't understand complaints about the ride system. 🤷‍♂️
The technology for the spinning is an adaption of Vekoma’s new, standard flying coaster that is offered to anyone who wants to buy.

Legit question - what complaints ?
I was responding to these complaints about the coaster ride system:
Yeah, I’m old and jaded, but we traded giant, moving theaters that roamed through the age of dinosaurs for what will end up being just another coaster. Yeah, it’ll be unique for a minute, until the next coaster comes along.
My greater point that I probably didn’t make as clear as I wanted was that WDI used to design ride systems or plus existing systems to the point that no one else could or would duplicate or top. Now, with Tron and this, we get RNRC’s two ugly step-sisters.
I think the ride system sounds promising. It's new to WDW and, even if it's not 100% original, it is rare. And as the only park without a coaster, I think EPCOT is a good place for the ride system. That doesn't mean that the Guardians theme fits, or that the attraction is a good use of resources, or that the enormous gravity box is an acceptable addition to the WDW skyline. But at this point I have no complaints about the ride system itself.

Incomudro

I was responding to these complaints about the coaster ride system:

I think the ride system sounds promising. It's new to WDW and, even if it's not 100% original, it is rare. And as the only park without a coaster, I think EPCOT is a good place for the ride system. That doesn't mean that the Guardians theme fits, or that the attraction is a good use of resources, or that the enormous gravity box is an acceptable addition to the WDW skyline. But at this point I have no complaints about the ride system itself.
And don't forget, viewing the ride in it's entirety.
Tower of Terror is "just a free fall" if we strip away everything else.
Expedition Everest is a runaway train.
The Guardians ride is doubtless going to have an excellent pre show, and the entire ride, pre show, ride, show elements, music - is going to make it a ton of fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom