News Disney World Cast Members being recalled to work as Disney prepares to boost capacity for the summer

DCBaker

Premium Member
Some larger hiring bonuses with these new listings -

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Some larger hiring bonuses with these new listings -

Is that the first time we have seen Disney offer bonusses?

TikibirdLand

They go up later this year.
I think those looking for jobs know the scoop on the $15 wage increase. But, McDonalds is paying the same wage. Disney needs to fix employee benefits that allow for park entry at any time. Would you like to be working in a park and be told, "By the way, you'll need to exit the park after your shift; there's no room for you as a guest too".

SoFloMagic

I think those looking for jobs know the scoop on the $15 wage increase. But, McDonalds is paying the same wage. Disney needs to fix employee benefits that allow for park entry at any time. Would you like to be working in a park and be told, "By the way, you'll need to exit the park after your shift; there's no room for you as a guest too".
I mean I'd imagine movie theater workers, hotel janitors, theater ushers, stadium workers, and many other positions are told the same thing

TikibirdLand

I mean I'd imagine movie theater workers, hotel janitors, theater ushers, stadium workers, and many other positions are told the same thing
it was a perk and a hiring incentive before. Taking it away is like taking way baggage pickup, ME and resort parking for guests. Guess that worked for guests, will taking the park perk away from WDW workers help with hiring too?

RWilliams

Premium Member
it was a perk and a hiring incentive before. Taking it away is like taking way baggage pickup, ME and resort parking for guests. Guess that worked for guests, will taking the park perk away from WDW workers help with hiring too?
Cast are expected to be knowledgable and enthusiastic about the parks yet aren't able to consistently experience them as guests. It makes no sense to me, seems complementary admission for cast (with some reasonable black out dates) would be good business sense. Happy enthusiastic cast make for great guest experiences. Great guest experiences lead to return visits and more money spent. The cast are also likely to spend some money while in the parks. The cast blackout dates were steadily increasing even before covid and self admission black outs were fairly rare a few years ago. Front line cast members must work for the company for 15 years before they get unlimited Maingate entries (still with applicable blackouts). Its almost like Disney are trying to lose employees rather than gain them.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Maybe they should consider raising their base wages. I think they'd get more candidates that way.
Bonus are gone the next morning…raises are forever
They go up later this year.
To what?
Yes! Let's get those housekeepers hired so they can go back to daily service (for those that want it)!
It’s cute that you believe that’s what any of them want to do….
But those places don’t demand full time, primary work commitment as Disney does almost as a
Standard term of employment
Cast are expected to be knowledgable and enthusiastic about the parks yet aren't able to consistently experience them as guests. It makes no sense to me, seems complementary admission for cast (with some reasonable black out dates) would be good business sense. Happy enthusiastic cast make for great guest experiences. Great guest experiences lead to return visits and more money spent. The cast are also likely to spend some money while in the parks. The cast blackout dates were steadily increasing even before covid and self admission black outs were fairly rare a few years ago. Front line cast members must work for the company for 15 years before they get unlimited Maingate entries (still with applicable blackouts). Its almost like Disney are trying to lose employees rather than gain them.
Part of the appeal of working for Disney was access to the product. It was never about gaining fortune and glory.

Last edited:

iowamomof4

Bonus are gone the next morning…raises are forever

To what?

It’s cute that you believe that’s what any of them want to do….

But those places don’t demand full time, primary work commitment as Disney does almost as a
Standard term of employment

Part of the appeal of working for Disney was access to the product. It was never a lot gaining fortune and glory.
I was talking about the guests that want regular service. I realize some people prefer not having a housekeeper in their room daily.

SoFloMagic

It was a perk and incentive of annual passes too, but that's gone as well. Seems Disney has become too popular for their own good

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was talking about the guests that want regular service. I realize some people prefer not having a housekeeper in their room daily.
I’m looking at it from the labor side. Housekeeping was never in demand anyway…it certainly isn’t going to be something people seek out when for the first time in about 50 years the workers are more in demand

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom