Miscellaneous Tokyo Thoughts

lazyboy97o

Any recommendations for books (or website/magazine articles) about history of TDR? Preferably English but Japanese can work too.
It is more academic and predates Tokyo DisneySEA, but Riding the Black Ship: Japan and Tokyo Disneyland by Aviad E. Raz is pretty good. If you want to laugh there is a good bit of very poor cultural analysis of Tokyo Disneyland out there that, because they compare Tokyo Disneyland only to Disneyland, they claim the park was changed a lot for Japanese sensibilities but miss that the change was made for the Magic Kingdom and not Tokyo Disneyland.

Sharon&Susan

What did the final show scene in Pirates look like before they installed Jack Sparrow in there? I assume it was similar to the Treasure Room from WDW?

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
What did the final show scene in Pirates look like before they installed Jack Sparrow in there? I assume it was similar to the Treasure Room from WDW?

Good question. I found a video from 2007 of the ride, but when it gets to that point, it's too dark to see anything.

I don't think there was anything there, or at least not a true show scene.

BasiltheBatLord

It is more academic and predates Tokyo DisneySEA, but Riding the Black Ship: Japan and Tokyo Disneyland by Aviad E. Raz is pretty good. If you want to laugh there is a good bit of very poor cultural analysis of Tokyo Disneyland out there that, because they compare Tokyo Disneyland only to Disneyland, they claim the park was changed a lot for Japanese sensibilities but miss that the change was made for the Magic Kingdom and not Tokyo Disneyland.
I was actually able to find this in my local library. It was okay. A lot of academic drivel but I was expecting that. There's not a lot actually written about the history of TDL except some bits in the first two chapters. I thought it was funny how that guy went to Disneyland a over and over out of his own pocket and wrote it off as "research."

BasiltheBatLord

Current restrictions (capacity, park hours etc.) will continue until at least July 11.

Also heard today that all ticket sales have been suspended until July 11 (except for tickets included with hotel reservations)

SweetDuffy101

Current restrictions (capacity, park hours etc.) will continue until at least July 11.

Also heard today that all ticket sales have been suspended until July 11 (except for tickets included with hotel reservations)
its sad to say that usatama might be canceled again this year with this continuation of restrictions.

SweetDuffy101

Tokyo Disney Resort vacation packages just announced a brand new live entertainment package for Tokyo Disneyland Tomorrowland's Showbase "CLUB MOUSE BEAT" Starting on June 30. The package is now available for purchase from The June 30th date Until August 31, 2021.

Edit: It looks like the page has been edited again after trending on twitter removing the show.
from what it seems like that Vacation Package department has accidentally leaked an unannounced show.

Last edited:

BasiltheBatLord

Tokyo Disney Resort vacation packages just announced a brand new live entertainment package for Tokyo Disneyland Tomorrowland's Showbase "CLUB MOUSE BEAT" Starting on June 30. The package is now available for purchase from The June 30th date Until August 31, 2021.

Edit: It looks like the page has been edited again after trending on twitter removing the show.
from what it seems like that Vacation Package department has accidentally leaked an unannounced show.
Just announced officially: https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/tdrblog/detail/pr210622.

1624346265833.png

Beginning July 2, 25 minute show, 4-5 performances daily, entry request required.

I had been wondering when Showbase would be getting a new show.

SweetDuffy101

Club mouse Beat Sneak preview have started today, the debut is on July 02.

From what i just heard OLC is having a hard time bringing back Dreamlights Due to Rise of cases,
Rehearsals had been ongoing for Dreamlights.

BasiltheBatLord

State of emergency is yet again being extended in the Greater Tokyo Area. Expect current COVID/capacity restrictions at the parks to continue until after the Olympics.

SweetDuffy101

On some good news Tokyo Disney Resort Entertainment department has started its auditions for Dancers in the Resort. New dancers and entertainers will debut on April 2022.

SweetDuffy101

Its only a matter of time that Chiba prefecture announces State of Emergency due to rising cases within the prefecture, And yes it will effect the operations Tokyo Disney Resort if it does occur.

BasiltheBatLord

Just announced that Chiba prefecture will be added to the national state of emergency, expect operational changes at TDR. Another temporary closure could be imminent?

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Just announced that Chiba prefecture will be added to the national state of emergency, expect operational changes at TDR. Another temporary closure could be imminent?
So much for Dreamlights and TDS' 20th!!! SIGH!! We can't shake COVID can we???? Now we're back to Masks indoors at the US Parks! Which, don't get me wrong isn't the worst thing. I'm glad the Parks are still opened and Pyro hasn't changed but I'm worried for the future! The WDW 50th might be in Jeopardy as well!

SweetDuffy101

So much for Dreamlights and TDS' 20th!!! SIGH!! We can't shake COVID can we???? Now we're back to Masks indoors at the US Parks! Which, don't get me wrong isn't the worst thing. I'm glad the Parks are still opened and Pyro hasn't changed but I'm worried for the future! The WDW 50th might be in Jeopardy as well!
Better to search monkey pox its a brand new strain other than the delta variant i hope that it doesn't come to japan at all. We cant handle more cases anymore and the vaccine rollout is too damn slow in rural areas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom