Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

jt04

Sum of All Thrills was great.

But I’m generally on board with what your saying on that we aren’t losing much of value with Communicore west gone. The same kinda stuff that was there will now be in Play (more IP oriented though)

The only thing I could think of was colortopia and segways. Nothing of great consequence. It was a big video game arcade at one point even. Racing games from wall to wall and mostly empty. Lol.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If only some people with imagination could have used those buildings… They once housed a multitude of things. Built as flexible space, they could have been perfect for parties, events, gatherings… heck they could have possibly expanded to the top floor and made one of them into a 2-story bar/conference/event space with a great sightline to WSL for premium/upcharge events.

Yep. Useless.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So reduced capacity, cost, sustainability are not valid grounds for criticism? People are praising Disney for replacing nothingness that had the potential of being something with more permanent nothingness.

CommuniCore didn’t prevent Journey of Water, and actually being more clearly between The Land and Seas pavilions would align where many mistaking describe it as being placed. Wider and more views would be from the CommuniCore. By every measure of functionality, cost, capacity and sustainability the CommuniCore stay would have been the better option, but it wasn’t a grand and overly visible change that someone could say “Look what I did! I’m a visionary patron just like Mike!”

Wait… so you’re saying one or both of the Bob’s wanted to put his stamp on Epcot so they could have the misguided belief they were a “visionary” like the former CEO? And since neither have the slightest semblance of a clue as to what they are doing with theme parks, this is the result? Well why didn’t you say so?!?! Praise The Bob’s!!! We aren’t worthy of their combined genius!!!

Phicinfan

So reduced capacity, cost, sustainability are not valid grounds for criticism? People are praising Disney for replacing nothingness that had the potential of being something with more permanent nothingness.

CommuniCore didn’t prevent Journey of Water, and actually being more clearly between The Land and Seas pavilions would align where many mistaking describe it as being placed. Wider and more views would be from the CommuniCore. By every measure of functionality, cost, capacity and sustainability the CommuniCore stay would have been the better option, but it wasn’t a grand and overly visible change that someone could say “Look what I did! I’m a visionary patron just like Mike!”
I am with you that losing what CommuniCore was is a great loss. My only issue is everyone assumes this feature coming is a total waste because it cost us CommuniCore. That isn't necessarily the case. For whatever insane reason, WDW decided to tear out a usable building(per @marni1971 and others...) and open the area up for the Moana water feature, some other adds and the table top bar which is on hold.

So, while I don't agree with the move per say.... I do call out that what WAS there wasn't being used and evidently had no intention of being used. And as such, if this feature is what we hope with some tie in to push nature and potentially add some edjutainment then isn't that an add? The dire need here for some to judge things before they are built is a bit mind boggling.

I also to date don't see any of you who are so negative vs. this feature owning up to the fact that the Communicore buildings were just basically sitting empty with no value, and per multiple sources no plans to fix that. It is a total mistake by WDW, I get that, but something can be a positive over nothing

Phicinfan

If only some people with imagination could have used those buildings… They once housed a multitude of things. Built as flexible space, they could have been perfect for parties, events, gatherings… heck they could have possibly expanded to the top floor and made one of them into a 2-story bar/conference/event space with a great sightline to WSL for premium/upcharge events.

Yep. Useless.
I don't disagree, it was a waste. But when do we finally face they had no intention of using it, and this is a potential gain?

lazyboy97o

I am with you that losing what CommuniCore was is a great loss. My only issue is everyone assumes this feature coming is a total waste because it cost us CommuniCore. That isn't necessarily the case. For whatever insane reason, WDW decided to tear out a usable building(per @marni1971 and others...) and open the area up for the Moana water feature, some other adds and the table top bar which is on hold.

So, while I don't agree with the move per say.... I do call out that what WAS there wasn't being used and evidently had no intention of being used. And as such, if this feature is what we hope with some tie in to push nature and potentially add some edjutainment then isn't that an add? The dire need here for some to judge things before they are built is a bit mind boggling.

I also to date don't see any of you who are so negative vs. this feature owning up to the fact that the Communicore buildings were just basically sitting empty with no value, and per multiple sources no plans to fix that. It is a total mistake by WDW, I get that, but something can be a positive over nothing
Open space may be prettier but it is just as much nothing in terms of attractions and experiences.

The parks need capacity. By removing a place where capacity could have been added Disney is further committing to inadequate capacity. This whole “something is better than nothing” is a lame excuse. It’s a twisted logic that makes no actual sense. You’re praising Disney for choosing and committing to offer less for the foreseeable future.

Phicinfan

They had intention. You have to look at the politics.

The day this is a gain is the day I stop going to WDW (which gets closer each year)
Isn't that the same thing though? I realize you said one design was to incorporate the current buildings, but somewhere some area decided that is NOT the goal? No longer the plan. Which I get is the politics aspect.

Maybe I have a higher vision of what this is that is too... pie in the sky? I was hoping that by labeling areas as "world of Nature" and such that they would actually incorporate some of that messaging into what they were doing....

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Isn't that the same thing though? I realize you said one design was to incorporate the current buildings, but somewhere some area decided that is NOT the goal? No longer the plan. Which I get is the politics aspect.
Politics was one proposal being chose over the others so someone has their “legacy” in the park after they leave / left.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'm excited for new Epcot 🤷‍♂️
giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom