News Disney MagicMobile Service coming soon beginning with Apple devices

Gillyanne

I’m not sure how it works on all devices but I was able to use my Apple Watch just like I would at the gate. The cast member wasn’t sure if it would work but it did. I had the QR code ready to go, though.

It uses NFC doesn't it? Like mobile wallets? I wonder if they've had too many people w/o their NFC on. I don't use mobile wallets for anything, so mine is usually turned off (android phone, don't have a smart watch capable of NFC) The 1 time I tried to use a mobile wallet at a store (the only way I could think to use some electronic credit card rebate as a partial payment) it didn't work at first, so I thought it was just a loss. After a while I realized, "wait I don't use this function" and turned it on and boom it worked.

If I were to use the mobile magic, I'd have to remember to turn it on for my visit(s) and/or upgrade my smart watch to one that has it... Still debating if it's worth activating it for me.

Jon81uk

Question. Do I need mobile magic to do Rise of Resistance.

I'm so confused on how to get on that ride.
No all MobileMagic does is let you add your park ticket to the wallet app on your phone. As long as you have some other ticket media (card or magic band) then you are okay.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I’m not sure how it works on all devices but I was able to use my Apple Watch just like I would at the gate. The cast member wasn’t sure if it would work but it did. I had the QR code ready to go, though.
That functionality for park admission was available immediately when they launched the feature. What had been delayed was an update for the software on the handheld units used at areas like parking. In those locations, during the early weeks you had to present the QR code generated by the MDE app. Based on my experience on Sunday at Epcot, that software has now been updated and the NFC is working on those handheld readers as well so you can just present the phone or watch and they scan it the same way they would a Magicband.

drnilescrane

Yeah - agreed. That's why I said Apple needs to fix it. Support it natively in wallet via NFC. Apple's the only reason hotels went with BTLE as a workaround.

So… Apple fixed it. In iOS 15 you will be able to unlock the hotel room using NFC.

3C79A6FE-2990-4E40-B576-8AF5D5A67503.jpeg

Note that WDW is a launch partner for this too:

4B6EA8B2-B12C-43A7-AEB2-DECD48532FCE.jpeg

wendysue

"As more Annual Passholders return to the parks, we will no longer be renewing Annual Passes. As part of this new service, former Annual Passholders can choose from several electronic day-ticket options with park reservations that are served up from our smallest buckets ever!!

Former Annual Passholders will no doubt appreciate our exciting new upcharges for Orange Bird-themed electronic day-tickets and for our new "Bus to Nowhere"TM service for Apple or Android products that need recharging at mid-morning and/or early evening. This elevated level of service gets families out of the parks when they are at their most crowded, and it's as simple as boarding any air-conditioned bus from any theme park and then remaining on board while using charging stations until your bus returns to your park!

Thank you, former Annual Passholders, for being former members of our Passholder family!"

/s
Yep, we will be former AP holders at the end of the year.

AshaNeOmah

Yep, we will be former AP holders at the end of the year.

I really wanted to buy 4 APs the first week of April. After out 8 day April trip, I had 6 days booked in July, another 4 in October right after the 50th, and was looking at New Years week.

Since I couldn't, I've now cancelled the July trip and replaced it with Legoland while my kids are the right age, staying off property in October, and New Years isn't looking good. We spend thousands over a few days on hotels, food, and stuff. Most of that is going to be lost this year because I wasn't allowed to spend $5k on tickets a full nine months after they reopened from shutdown.

I still don't get it.

Gillyanne

Figment and Orange Bird passholder cards have been added -

View attachment 564168

I've never really used Google Pay, nor does my current smart watch support it. Curious if you use Google Pay on your watch does it show the card? (EG: if I have the figment card and pull it up on my watch to use, will it show figment?) Slightly tempted to upgrade my current watch if I can find a reasonably priced one that will support Google Pay. It will help w/ the multitude of things on my wrist when at the parks (watch, motion sickness band, sometimes MB (or the puck on the watch band))

Fable McCloud

All the best Figment and Orange Bird stuff is for AP holders. I don't have the money to go to WDW every year, so I don't buy the APs, but I love Figment. I hate buying from scalpers on secondhand sites, but I don't know any people who are AP holders to scoop merch for me. Sad.

Touchdown

All the best Figment and Orange Bird stuff is for AP holders. I don't have the money to go to WDW every year, so I don't buy the APs, but I love Figment. I hate buying from scalpers on secondhand sites, but I don't know any people who are AP holders to scoop merch for me. Sad.
May I suggest getting this then?

My personal favorite, I get comments on it all the time when I “bring him home” to Epcot.

wendysue

I really wanted to buy 4 APs the first week of April. After out 8 day April trip, I had 6 days booked in July, another 4 in October right after the 50th, and was looking at New Years week.

Since I couldn't, I've now cancelled the July trip and replaced it with Legoland while my kids are the right age, staying off property in October, and New Years isn't looking good. We spend thousands over a few days on hotels, food, and stuff. Most of that is going to be lost this year because I wasn't allowed to spend $5k on tickets a full nine months after they reopened from shutdown.

I still don't get it.
We also just canceled our July trip. Still have one booked for September, but that looks iffy as well. They say there is a 25% off rooms until Sept. 29, but can't find any that aren't stupidly expensive and can't find a room for November either. I think you have a good idea going to Legoland. The kids will love it. We are opting for Dollywood this holiday season. :)

Touchdown

We also just canceled our July trip. Still have one booked for September, but that looks iffy as well. They say there is a 25% off rooms until Sept. 29, but can't find any that aren't stupidly expensive and can't find a room for November either. I think you have a good idea going to Legoland. The kids will love it. We are opting for Dollywood this holiday season. :)
Make sure you see Christmas in the Smokies, probably multiple times. The other shows are great but that one is on its own level, best stage show in a theme park (but only because Candlelight is really a concert.)

AshaNeOmah

We're right outside of Chattanooga, only about 3 hours from Dollywood. DreamMore is a really good hotel if you haven't stayed there yet. It reminds me of Disney resorts in many ways.

wendysue

Make sure you see Christmas in the Smokies, probably multiple times. The other shows are great but that one is on its own level, best stage show in a theme park (but only because Candlelight is really a concert.)
Thanks for the tip. I just booked for November when the Christmas festivities start. So excited!

cmh

Just a heads up. I was having problems getting this set up on my iPhone X. Got all the way through to adding it to my Wallet, then got a "There was an error adding 1 pass to Wallet" message. I already had the most recent iOS and MDE versions. Restarted, re-installed, nothing helped. Sent a note to the MDE support email, and got a response that solved my problem. Seems you need to have two-factor authentication turned on. Once I turned it on, everything set up just fine. But I had not seen the requirement for two-factor authentication listed anywhere.

Here's the note I received from Disney MDE Support:

To create a new Disney MagicMobile pass, you must have valid theme park admission or a Resort hotel reservation linked to your Disney account. Please note that Disney MagicMobile features are currently only available on Apple devices. (Support for other devices is coming soon and launching in phases throughout the year.)

First thing, make sure you meet the minimum device requirements to use Disney MagicMobile features in the My Disney Experience app:
  • iPhone: iOS 14.4 or later
  • Apple Watch: WatchOS 7.3 or later
  • My Disney Experience app version 6.13 or later (with Bluetooth technology enabled).

Next, make sure that you've set up Apple Wallet:
  • If you have never used Apple Wallet before, please head to the Wallet app on your device to set up Apple Pay and the ability to add cards to your wallet. Launch Wallet, and tap the (+) to get started. See Set up Apple Pay - Apple Support for additional details.
  • Turn on two-factor authentication for your Apple ID. Go to Settings > [your name] > Password & Security and tap "Turn On Two-Factor Authentication." See Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support for more details.

Once you've done that, head back to the My Disney Experience app to create your Disney MagicMobile pass.
Two-factor authentication is already ON on my iPhone. App and iOS are up-to-date; reinstalled, restarted. Still getting that error. Advice?

brettf22

Premium Member
Two-factor authentication is already ON on my iPhone. App and iOS are up-to-date; reinstalled, restarted. Still getting that error. Advice?
Assuming you've already got Apple Wallet set up, I'd send a note to MDE tech support. Give them your iOS, WatchOS, and MDE version numbers, as well as your phone model, and mention that you've already set up Apple Wallet and have two-factor authentication activated. Also quote the exact error message you're seeing, and when you're seeing it. That will help them narrow down their advice to you.

cmh

Assuming you've already got Apple Wallet set up, I'd send a note to MDE tech support. Give them your iOS, WatchOS, and MDE version numbers, as well as your phone model, and mention that you've already set up Apple Wallet and have two-factor authentication activated. Also quote the exact error message you're seeing, and when you're seeing it. That will help them narrow down their advice to you.
I'd sent tickets but hadn't received a reply. Nonetheless I figured it out. Apparently it was due to using the max number of cards in Apple Wallet. Fixed it by removing Apple Cash to make room since I wasn't using it. Was able to add the MagicMobile Pass after that. Didn't realize a "Pass" would be treated not as a pass but as a card.

vikescaper

Has anybody who have updated their phones to iOS 15 had issues with Magic Mobile? When I at MK the other day, every time I tried to use Apple Pay to pay for something, it would pull up my pass instead of my credit card. Maybe I am just being a moron but I have never had this issue before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom