News Disneyland modifies mask policy - UPDATE 7/28/21

Californian Elitist

This I can definitely understand, though I don't think I could do it myself. Planes are already so cramped and tight, and wearing something on my face just makes it feel even more compact. But the idea of wanting to wear a mask to keep yourself healthy, I definitely understand.

What I don't understand is the "I'm vaccinated but I'm going to wear my mask to protect others" kind of mentality. I mean that's a personal decision so I don't really care if somebody wants to go ahead and do that, but I just think it's strange and shows a lack of trust in the vaccine. The only reason I can imagine someone would is to virtue signal, like @Newtwo said. A mentality of "I'm a better person than these other people because I wear a piece of cloth on my face that does nothing because I have the vaccine," is a perspective of such arrogant pride and such belittlement of one's fellow man who does not wear that piece of cloth. If the goal is to showcase one's virtue, I can think of no worse way of doing so than by indulging in the vice of pride.

And, just to be very clear to @raven24 and @MansionButler84, I don't think either of you are in the second category, nor do I necessarily think @SoCalDisneyLover is, but I do think it's a category that exists and it's deadlier than any pandemic.
To be honest, vaccinated people who want to wear masks because they may feel it will protect others don’t bother me. As we all know, vaccinations aren’t 100% effective, not to mention someone who’s vaccinated could be ill of something else and will choose to wear a mask just in case. I don’t really know. I don’t think it’s weird, nor hurting anyone.

Wendy Pleakley

I've had colds at WDW several times and assume it's from the flying as well. I actually tried using a herbal supplement (Astragalus) to fight off colds per someone's recommendation and it has seemed to work.

Masking on a place in the future? Maybe? Especially if it's just a surgical mask which are lighter than the cloth ones.

TP2000

Times like this, I miss @TP2000 . He's dead now.

Oh, for gosh sakes! I'm alive. I just checked. I really am alive.

I just logged on and realized by the private messages that it's been exactly one week since my last visit here. Oops.

After last summer being a bust with lots of cancellations for travel and houseguests and parties, I have a lot of catching up to do this summer! I'm very busy. 🥳

As for masks... I ran by the dry cleaner's today and picked up my outfit to wear maskless for lots of errands tomorrow. I'm going for a SoCal Summer Beach Party vibe with my outfit, but I'm not going to even wear sunglasses tomorrow to reveal my entire handsomely-distinguished-yet-friendly face to the world for the first time in 15 months. I've been saving errands specifically for Maskless Day, so tomorrow I'm going to Ralph's Fresh Fare, Target, and Home Depot. Maybe BevMo. And I'm going to smile and say hello maskless to everyone I see! I can't wait!

As for Disneyland CM's.... well, because California OSHA and Sacramento apparently doesn't believe in science, they still have to wear masks tomorrow. Wrap your head around that one; vaccinated employees must still wear a mask, but customers with no system to check for vaccination status don't have to wear masks in their workplace. Science and Sacramento clearly don't work well together. Our tax dollars at work! 🤣

DisneyAndUniversalFan

I understand not wanting to wear masks. I wish I could live my life without having to wear a mask and 100% guarantee refrain from getting sick. Wearing masks aren’t 100% effective, but it helps. I get sick multiple times every year and this is the first year so far where six months have passed and I’ve yet to catch anything (hopefully I’m not jinxing it). I like not being sick. Mask it is.
No they really aren't a big help. I haven't worn a mask in public places in a month now and I have been in the same condition as every person who continues to wear masks. I had a cold this past weekend and lost it quickly, yet I didn't wear a mask anywhere not once. Nothing terrible happened. They do nothing.

TP2000

Maybe Al Lutz put a hit on TP2000 once the ghost writer news was out. It all makes sense now.

Web Slingerz was just a distraction for what really happened June 4.

Either that, or I had a few houseguests to entertain after getting home from a cocktails-n-tennis summer kickoff vacation in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.

Although I kind of like the version where Mr. Lutz put a hit out on me better. It's more glamorous.

TP2000

I understand not wanting to wear masks. I wish I could live my life without having to wear a mask and 100% guarantee refrain from getting sick. Wearing masks aren’t 100% effective, but it helps. I get sick multiple times every year and this is the first year so far where six months have passed and I’ve yet to catch anything (hopefully I’m not jinxing it). I like not being sick. Mask it is.

Darling, nothing in life is 100% guaranteed. We all die. Even when we wear masks.

But you do you, and stay masked forever more. The Science of vaccines be damned! ;)

CaptinEO

Either that, or I had a few houseguests to entertain after getting home from a cocktails-n-tennis summer kickoff vacation in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.

Although I kind of like the version where Mr. Lutz put a hit out on me better. It's more glamorous.
Sounds like a great time.

Do you afford these vacations by having been Bob Iger's secret weapon to get him the spot as CEO of the Walt Disney Company?

:p

In all seriousness, always a pleasure to have you back.

CaptinEO

That's honestly one of the nicest compliments I've had here. Thank you!

It's funny how vocabulary has changed so quickly with the younger set in the last 20 years. I blame the texting they all do.
You are very welcome!

I'm not even in my 30s and I had to watch the pound sign become the "hash tag" as well as many other weird changes.

I'm more traditional in that I remember language/grammar from when I was originally taught and don't like changing.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Oh, for gosh sakes! I'm alive. I just checked. I really am alive.

I just logged on and realized by the private messages that it's been exactly one week since my last visit here. Oops.

After last summer being a bust with lots of cancellations for travel and houseguests and parties, I have a lot of catching up to do this summer! I'm very busy. 🥳

As for masks... I ran by the dry cleaner's today and picked up my outfit to wear maskless for lots of errands tomorrow. I'm going for a SoCal Summer Beach Party vibe with my outfit, but I'm not going to even wear sunglasses tomorrow to reveal my entire handsomely-distinguished-yet-friendly face to the world for the first time in 15 months. I've been saving errands specifically for Maskless Day, so tomorrow I'm going to Ralph's Fresh Fare, Target, and Home Depot. Maybe BevMo. And I'm going to smile and say hello maskless to everyone I see! I can't wait!

As for Disneyland CM's.... well, because California OSHA and Sacramento apparently doesn't believe in science, they still have to wear masks tomorrow. Wrap your head around that one; vaccinated employees must still wear a mask, but customers with no system to check for vaccination status don't have to wear masks in their workplace. Science and Sacramento clearly don't work well together. Our tax dollars at work! 🤣
Glad to see the reports of your death have been greatly exaggerated.

Californian Elitist

No they really aren't a big help. I haven't worn a mask in public places in a month now and I have been in the same condition as every person who continues to wear masks. I had a cold this past weekend and lost it quickly, yet I didn't wear a mask anywhere not once. Nothing terrible happened. They do nothing.
They do nothing for you. They aren’t a big help for you. You had a cold and didn’t wear a mask anywhere.

That’s you.

Californian Elitist

Darling, nothing in life is 100% guaranteed. We all die. Even when we wear masks.

But you do you, and stay masked forever more. The Science of vaccines be damned! ;)
Please don’t refer to me as “darling,” TP.

I’m fully aware that I’m going to die at some point. However, I like to take precautions that will prolong my life, such as eating healthy as much as possible, working out, wearing seatbelts when I ride with someone in a car, take vitamins, and now wearing masks, among other things.

I stay doing me.

truecoat

This I can definitely understand, though I don't think I could do it myself. Planes are already so cramped and tight, and wearing something on my face just makes it feel even more compact. But the idea of wanting to wear a mask to keep yourself healthy, I definitely understand.

What I don't understand is the "I'm vaccinated but I'm going to wear my mask to protect others" kind of mentality. I mean that's a personal decision so I don't really care if somebody wants to go ahead and do that, but I just think it's strange and shows a lack of trust in the vaccine. The only reason I can imagine someone would is to virtue signal, like @Newtwo said. A mentality of "I'm a better person than these other people because I wear a piece of cloth on my face that does nothing because I have the vaccine," is a perspective of such arrogant pride and such belittlement of one's fellow man who does not wear that piece of cloth. If the goal is to showcase one's virtue, I can think of no worse way of doing so than by indulging in the vice of pride.

And, just to be very clear to @raven24 and @MansionButler84, I don't think either of you are in the second category, nor do I necessarily think @SoCalDisneyLover is, but I do think it's a category that exists and it's deadlier than any pandemic.

One great byproduct of all the mask wearing is that 2 strains of the flu might have completely died off. They won’t know for sure until this fall but it looks good so far.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom