News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilofan

Where did they come up with this ridiculous face shield thing for CMs? Healthcare providers don't wear face shields except in specific, high risk situations. In all of my contact with Doctors and Nurses over the last year, not one was wearing a face shield or goggles.
You may have not witnessed but some disgruntled guests come right up to the face of the CMs screaming at them . If I was a CM I would not want the spit and saliva getting on my face during covid times.

spaldingclan

Thank you. Why do some posters seem to switch metrics daily to reflect how they can show the numbers in the worst possible way? I am not pointing at the one you are replying to. I do not understand this mentality of "we can always find something bad coming". What about the 2024 Swiss variant? It may kill us all. It is getting ridiculous,
It’s called Fear Prn and over the last 16 months or so a ton of people have been fed it daily by the media and are now addicted (I’m a pretty middle of the road voter who reads information from lots of sources and even I don’t trust the media on the scare tactics)

Last edited:

dovetail65

I would be surprised to see many kids masked at WDW come 6/15. It doesn’t sound like Disney plans on enforcing it at all; regardless of obvious lack of eligibility due to age.
On 3 different Disney forum websites they all say the same thing, Disney is not going to police the kids.

I say leave it to the parents. My non-vaccinated kids would not even go to Disney, but that is my choice. If others want to bring the little ones, that is their choice. Just don't be complaining if it goes wrong.

Chi84

Premium Member
Do you understand the difference between legislation and an Executive Order? As I explained before, the EO has no enforceable sanctions. You dont want to follow it, dont. You can't be arrested. You can't be fined by the government. You can't be sued by the government. The only "tool" the government has is to withhold grants and government funded contracts.

I work at a major airport. A chief of police at a major airport, in fact. The President has issued an EO that everyone entering an airport will wear a mask. It is the airport management's duty to enforce that-put on a mask, or leave. If the airport management doesn't do that, PPP, grants and other funding can taken away. Police cannot and do not enforce the EO because it is not a law it is a rule. Now, someone doesn't want to follow the rule, the airport management can tell them to leave and if they dont, the police can enforce the trespass.

If you want benefits, follow the EO. But you can't be punished for not following an EO.
Actually, I do understand the difference. Not every Executive Order lacks enforcement provisions. Many of the Executive Orders issued by governors during the pandemic were issued pursuant to their authority to act in an emergency and contained both civil and criminal penalties that could be, and were, enforced. Withholding grants and government funded contracts is not the only means of enforcing Executive Orders - it all depends on the provisions of the particular Executive Order in question.

There are many businesses whose licenses were suspended and that were fined for not complying with Executive Orders to remain closed last year. They would take issue with your statement that you can't be punished for not following an EO.

CLBMN

No reason to talk about the effectiveness of masks in this thread. Seriously, the policy at Disney is what it is regardless of any study that may or may not show how well they work. It’s time to move on. Masks weren’t going to stay around forever and they sure as heck weren’t gonna stay around until COVID was eradicated. It is what it is.
Well, I am a scientist by profession so I am interested in the peer-reviewed science that the poster talked about.
So, I have a reason, for personal knowledge.
There was no bad intent in my request (not sure why people go to the negative sometimes).
However, your opinion is just as valid as mine.

Keep magic in your life everyone!😇

Disney Glimpses

Well, I am a scientist by profession so I am interested in the peer-reviewed science that the poster talked about.
So, I have a reason, for personal knowledge.
There was no bad intent in my request (not sure why people go to the negative sometimes).
However, your opinion is just as valid as mine.

Keep magic in your life everyone!😇
I actually wasn't directing my post at anyone in particular! Just figured it is silly since we're powerless to their policies and we end up just arguing; a cycle I have too often gotten caught up in. :)

DisneyCane

Where do live?

AT My hospital in IL about 40% wore the face shields over the last 15 months in addition to their masks(I go once a month to the D). Some wear the combo which is like a clear mask with shield goggle all in one, which is the best as you can see the persons mouth and can hear the talking so much easier and they have full coverage over eye too. My son and I wore N95 mask with shield over until we were vaccinated, the rest of my family rarely wore our shields.
Southeast FL. I've had a few appointments myself over the past year and visited my dad in both ICU and hospice last August (not COVID) and not one healthcare provider was wearing a face shield or goggles.

dovetail65

Southeast FL. I've had a few appointments myself over the past year and visited my dad in both ICU and hospice last Aview on Covid is about as oppeite for themost part than it can be. ugust (not COVID) and not one healthcare provider was wearing a face shield or goggles.
In Florida not surprising at all. I have a home in IL and Florida and good or bad the view about Covid is entirely different and has been from the start for the most part. Even in IL depending where a person lives the attitudes were different.

In Florida at one of then high points of the pandemic the HOA was doing dances and plays for kids and my wife and I couldn't believe the owners participated, In IL we couldn't' have done something if we wanted to, though around here at that point no one would think of such a thing.

The attitudes in FL compared to a state like IL have always been 180 on the pandemic so as low as shield use was and is in IL, being zero in FL is no surprise to me at all.

Last edited:

Incomudro

It’s called Fear Prn and over the last 16 months or so a ton of people have been fed it daily by the media and are now addicted (I’m a pretty middle of the road voter who reads information from lots of sources and even I don’t trust the media on the scare tactics)
There's a certain component in the human mind that makes some people enjoy problems to various degrees.
Some type of endorphin rush I suppose, much like what adrenaline seekers go after.
That's why some people just love problems, controversies etc.
I'm sure most of us have met or known people who seek out bad partners for relationships time after time.
Or can't seem to go out without getting into a confrontation of some sort.
It's the same thing with numerous the sky is falling scenarios.
There is a portion of "the end is near" people out there in the population, that'll never give stuff like this up.
Fear Junkies.

DisneyCane

There's a certain component in the human mind that makes some people enjoy problems to various degrees.
Some type of endorphin rush I suppose, much like what adrenaline seekers go after.
That's why some people just love problems, controversies etc.
I'm sure most of us have met or known people who seek out bad partners for relationships time after time.
Or can't seem to go out without getting into a confrontation of some sort.
It's the same thing with numerous the sky is falling scenarios.
There is a portion of "the end is near" people out there in the population, that'll never give stuff like this up.
Fear Junkies.
Down here in FL (I'm not sure where you are), there is a tangible "excitement" by some people when we are in the "cone of doom" for a hurricane and they have to start to prepare.

I think part of the emotional reaction to COVID for some people, especially early, was due to people having watched things like The Walking Dead and almost being excited by the lockdowns making it like they were living in the zombie apocalypse.

Certainly neither of these things apply to everybody or even a majority but there is a not-insignificant portion of the population that these things apply to.

DisneyCane

Do you understand the difference between legislation and an Executive Order? As I explained before, the EO has no enforceable sanctions. You dont want to follow it, dont. You can't be arrested. You can't be fined by the government. You can't be sued by the government. The only "tool" the government has is to withhold grants and government funded contracts.

I work at a major airport. A chief of police at a major airport, in fact. The President has issued an EO that everyone entering an airport will wear a mask. It is the airport management's duty to enforce that-put on a mask, or leave. If the airport management doesn't do that, PPP, grants and other funding can taken away. Police cannot and do not enforce the EO because it is not a law it is a rule. Now, someone doesn't want to follow the rule, the airport management can tell them to leave and if they dont, the police can enforce the trespass.

If you want benefits, follow the EO. But you can't be punished for not following an EO.
Thank you for the clarification. I actually wonder if it's technically the same in the air. All of the airlines had the policy anyway without the mandate so they could ban you from the airline for failure to comply. However, I wonder what would happen if one airline decided that they weren't going to enforce the mandate. It's not a law.

Of course none of them would do that because it might interfere with receiving bailout money but just an interesting thought exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom