News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I still don't get this, since it's been proven that face shields do nothing and you can't catch or transmit COVID-19 from the eyes.
Proven by who? What?

the mask thing is ending...good. Don’t do that “thing” where you convince yourself the dumb were “right all along” 🙄
There was always going to be a point when they needed to follow the competitors. I strongly suspect this is going to be timed out to have the East Coast and West Coast have the same Covid policies. It was clear Chapek wanted this ASAP so it is no surprise to me, which is why I kept asserting it would happen “soon”. He’s the CEO and gets what he wants. Gears were moving in the company from the moment he commented to shareholders.
Oh the day was gonna come. I am still a bit surprised on how fast it went to “don’t worry bout the kids”...that’s from DC all the way out.

hopefully it holds and there’s no risk...that’s all we can ask.

my bigger question is what do they do over the next 3-6 months? I think they are playing a game where they’re trying to cook prices while also making it seem they want to “ramp up for Wall Street”...but those two things don’t automatically support each other.

Chi84

Premium Member
Union is telling members it's corporate that is holding things up. CMs had a petition to remove shields that was submitted by the union to corporate. Now its goggles instead of shields for food and beverage. Funny thing is nonunion supervisors don't have to wear them, never did.
Our server at Sanaa in early May was really upset about the shields. He said he went all weekend without wearing a mask, then came to work and had to wear both a mask and shield.

ToTBellHop

Union is telling members it's corporate that is holding things up. CMs had a petition to remove shields that was submitted by the union to corporate. Now its goggles instead of shields for food and beverage. Funny thing is nonunion supervisors don't have to wear them, never did.
Well if that is the state of the game, I’d expect progress soon.

tallica

Well if that is the state of the game, I’d expect progress soon.
You would think, took months of complaining to get petition started for shield removal. Union announced no more shields today only to alter their statement to goggles instead of shields. Apparently someone misread the statement from corporate.

gibsonc

UK Disney Geek
Their vaccine is only 30% effective against it, that's why.
Whilst the overall effectiveness of the Pfizer vaccination is higher that the AstraZeneca vaccine after 2 doses, both have around a 33% efficacy in the weeks after the first dose. The UK is using Pfizer, AstraZeneca and Moderna as part of its vaccination program, so this isn’t the reason for the increase in cases. Early data suggests that whilst cases are rising, hospitalisation and serious illness is not rising as quick as it has previously, so it might not actually matter that cases are rising, but time is needed to see and understand the data.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Whilst the overall effectiveness of the Pfizer vaccination is higher that the AstraZeneca vaccine after 2 doses, both have around a 33% efficacy in the weeks after the first dose. The UK is using Pfizer, AstraZeneca and Moderna as part of its vaccination program, so this isn’t the reason for the increase in cases. Early data suggests that whilst cases are rising, hospitalisation and serious illness is not rising as quick as it has previously, so it might not actually matter that cases are rising, but time is needed to see and understand the data.
Thank you. Why do some posters seem to switch metrics daily to reflect how they can show the numbers in the worst possible way? I am not pointing at the one you are replying to. I do not understand this mentality of "we can always find something bad coming". What about the 2024 Swiss variant? It may kill us all. It is getting ridiculous,

SoFloMagic

I mean, it might, but really none of us know that. UK has a higher vaccination rate than us but their cases have started to climb.

I hope it doesn't, but I don't think anyone really knows...
Aren't most of their new cases in people under 30 (who just became eligible for vaccination last week)?

CAV

People dont understand the difference between an executive order and a law. If it is a law, it must be followed under threat of government penalty or sanction. If it is an executive order, it does NOT have to be followed. But, if it is not followed, there are certain benefits that are lost.

In this case, if a business requires masks, the business can not take part in state grants or contracts funded through state revenue. (see section 4 of executive order 21-81) It only matters to Disney if they get state grants or have contracts funded through state revenues.

I am not sure if Disney has either. But if they did, it is doubtful they would put those at risk by trying to play cute with the language as one poster stated - "you have to wear a mask to come in, but if you are vaccinated, you dont have to wear the mask."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom