FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdude81

33?
I don’t see the connection

cabanas at the pool?? I could see that as an excuse...but that’s a headfake too.
People spent $650 a day for a quiet place to charge their phone, have a few snacks in the middle of the day, and not have to cram in with everybody else for shows. And this was in a tent. I think they realized quickly that demand for a private space like that on the east coast would be high, and that it's not just the 250k+ crowd that would pay for it. To me it's like they tested out the Six Flags version of Club 33 to see if they wanted to build a real one (4).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Many loyal WDW guests / fans (myself included) have been spoiled by short waits on popular attractions via FP+ and short-to-medium waits for less popular attractions without needing to rely on FP+.

A 100% paid FP system (especially one that is as expensive as has been rumored) would mean that many in the aforementioned group would instead have “medium-to-long” waits on popular attractions, and “short-to-medium” waits on less popular attractions.

If you are wealthy enough and willing enough to pay up for FP, you will likely be happy under the new solution. If however you are someone who has historically made the most of FP+ (like many on this board) but are not wealthy / willing enough to pay up for FP, your experience at the parks will likely be worse than it was under FP+.

“Amusement parks: playgrounds of the wealthy.”

...said no one ever

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
People spent $650 a day for a quiet place to charge their phone, have a few snacks in the middle of the day, and not have to cram in with everybody else for shows. And this was in a tent. I think they realized quickly that demand for a private space like that on the east coast would be high, and that it's not just the 250k+ crowd that would pay for it. To me it's like they tested out the Six Flags version of Club 33 to see if they wanted to build a real one (4).

not buying this one.

the East coast market would have paid for club 33...that tent proved nothing.

they have years to mined data to know that. DVC and it's escalation is far more of an indication of that. Like the poly bungalows.

besides...you are pretty light on your estimate. $250,000 is not the club 33 range based on the annual throw away fees.

But I’m just guessing...I’m waiting for our secret spy to connect the dots.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
If you are wealthy enough and willing enough to pay up for FP, you will likely be happy under the new solution. If however you are someone who has historically made the most of FP+ (like many on this board) but are not wealthy / willing enough to pay up for FP, your experience at the parks will likely be worse than it was under FP+.
Oh boy.... Looks like I'll be forking some more money over to Disney...

Next year will be my last 2 trips to WDW. I plan on visiting Disneyland more, as well as going out to visit the other parks around the world. (Especially that non-Disney park in Germany) Time to stop paying all the money for a dwindling experience.

ToTBellHop

I don't see "Standby" in my app. Just the wait times as usual.
69A25410-0346-4A2E-91FC-F62230CEF687.png

It’s definitely returning (in a form) but we will see how adept Disney IT is at programming this in. The process to get Boo Bash tix doesn’t instill faith.

They are kinda starting from scratch. Good in a sense because changes are needed. Bad because they’re incompetent.

Disney Glimpses

They are kinda starting from scratch.
Supposedly not, from what I have heard. FP+ system was going to be retired last year regardless and the new system could actually have been ready for months as it was supposed to launch last year. Supposedly that made their decision really easy to integrate Park Pass into FP+ since it was going to be "temporary" anyways, why not repurpose dead code.

GimpYancIent

Supposedly not, from what I have heard. FP+ system was going to be retired last year regardless and the new system could actually have been ready for months as it was supposed to launch last year. Supposedly that made their decision really easy to integrate Park Pass into FP+ since it was going to be "temporary" anyways, why not repurpose dead code.
Ahhhhhhh, Soooooo its being worked on and it's technical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom