Disney After Hours BOO BASH

Dad 2 M & M

I don’t think they held tickets back. They were trying to throw resort guests a bone for a change. “Congratulations! You get to spend $215 per person over age 2 for Halloween!”

I am told this has legitimately had a strong demand. But they won’t increase capacity. Perhaps more events.
I guess Resorts are full/full enough this Fall....even if the Resorts weren’t it would be tough for Disney to dangle “the only way to Boo Bash” is to reserve a reserve a Disney Resort Room now. Wouldn’t that go over well to those who already have resort ressies...

Now for the upcoming Holiday Season? I could see that as a package type deal....would help to eliminate another day line today...

Jrb1979

I think so - I know a ton of of people that come off as "needing their HHN fix", so I suspect it does very well. And SWO is capitalizing on that by having an offering as well
I guess if you have littles Disney's Halloween event is the best. For me Halloween is all about scares.

Weather_Lady

Sure when the parks close at 9pm regularly in what used to be the offseason...

But now it's not really offseason... and the demand is there... so instead of running the park later what do they do? They monetize the extra hours that the ticket holders show there is obvious demand for.

And should the MK really be closing at 9pm in August?
No, but it's been following this pattern for awhile, even for major holiday weeks.

Our last visit was over President's Day week, 2020. Even though crowd levels were 9 or 10 out of 10 every single day, none of the parks stayed open later than 9pm, and many days, closed earlier. (Granted, there were some EMH back then, but no additional ones were added or extended that week to provide any relief for the crowds.)

I agree that it's a disgusting trend.

ImperfectPixie

No, but it's been following this pattern for awhile, even for major holiday weeks.

Our last visit was over President's Day week, 2020. Even though crowd levels were 9 or 10 out of 10 every day, none of the parks stayed open later than 9pm, and many days, closed earlier.

I agree that it's a disgusting trend.
Late nights in MK were amazing...9 and 10 pm is just way too early to close.

Weather_Lady

CM says it is capacity like the DAH

CM make it clear “that is what I was told”....
They did name it the "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" and advertised short lines as the primary draw. I think if they raised the usual DAH capacity in a way that noticeably increased lines, they'd have thousands of guests clamoring for refunds, alleging "false advertising."

Parker in NYC

Plain and simple, supporting this event is essentially demonstrating to Disney that Boo To You is no longer necessary. Goodbye parade and fireworks. At this point, who’s to say they’ll go back to Not So Scary? The only thing we know is that we don’t know anything. Double the price of the party, do fewer nights, save on staffing. Bingo.

ToTBellHop

They did name it the "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" and advertised short lines as the primary draw. I think if they raised the usual DAH capacity in a way that noticeably increased lines, they'd have thousands of guests clamoring for refunds, alleging "false advertising."
Exactly, if they wanted to differentiate it from DAH and MNSSHP, they would have called it Mickey’s Boo Bash.

ToTBellHop

Plain and simple, supporting this event is essentially demonstrating to Disney that Boo To You is no longer necessary. Goodbye parade and fireworks. At this point, who’s to say they’ll go back to Not So Scary? The only thing we know is that we don’t know anything. Double the price of the party, do fewer nights, save on staffing. Bingo.
MNSSHP makes more money.

ImperfectPixie

If you're talking under 5... ok.. everyone else? Kids find energy just like adults when motivated.

Never a lack of strollers or toddlers at evening EMHs :)
My boys have been doing park open to park close with us since our youngest was 2 1/2. He would sleep in his stroller if he was tired. Now he's rearing to go regardless of the hour (he's 10).

Weather_Lady

Plain and simple, supporting this event is essentially demonstrating to Disney that Boo To You is no longer necessary.
I don't think that's the case.

Parties and DAH are two different kinds of events, geared toward two different kinds of clientele ("ride people" vs. "parade, character and show people"). They're not mutually exclusive, and both make tons of money -- DAH due to high individual cost and low capacity, and parties due to lower individual cost and higher capacity -- and I'm sure Disney will be champing at the bit to get parties added to the roster again, presumably for the Christmas season.

flynnibus

Premium Member
My boys have been doing park open to park close with us since our youngest was 2 1/2. He would sleep in his stroller if he was tired. Now he's rearing to go regardless of the hour (he's 10).
This is a favorite leaving the park photo from a trip long ago... :)

DSC00005.JPG

Dad 2 M & M

Exactly, if they wanted to differentiate it from DAH and MNSSHP, they would have called it Mickey’s Boo Bash.
We’re in and look forward to it!

Disney could have taken more $$$ than they did today....

RememberWhen

After being on hold for an hour and 45 min I finally got a CM. I gave her our reservation number and she said DVC reservations have to be verified by DVC and transferred me...! 😥

Kids are going to home from school soon and they don’t know about the trip...

Hope you all are having better luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom