Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Agreed, there's some lessons learned from Galaxy's Edge represented in Avengers Campus. It's not intended to be canon, it's not set in a particular point in time and characters can exist from any time frame in the MCU within the land. This is how Galaxy's Edge should have been built. It's a theme park land, not a movie. The rules don't need to be that strict.
I wonder how this would shape or change things for whatever land/ area they would create next in WDW?

G.L.A.D.I.O

DHS will never get an Avengers Campus but that doesn't mean there can't be a Marvel land. Sure it won't be any of Stark's old warehouses but then what could it be? What do you find in Florida when you read Marvel comics...the NEXUS of realities, a portal to the multiverse. A good idea to still make a Marvel land but this time mixing all the Marvel heroes allowed in WDW : Doctor Strange, the Guardians of the Galaxy, the Eternals, the TVA from the tv series Loki, etc.

The Storyline could be something like : "When building DHS, the imagineers built the park on a strange swamp from which emanated strong cosmic radiation. The gates of the multiverse have awakened again and Doctor Strange needs you to contain the anomaly."
Man-Thing_Vol_5_4_Textless.jpg
ae5fb79e14a58f0209d2118f0ef7d841.jpg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A Wakanda land can very likely be done in WDW without the presence of T'Challa. The passing of Chadwick Boseman makes this an easier sell to the public as well.

Having said that, I could also see a negotiation take place with Universal for a single character.

but why on earth would they ever do that? Multiple reasons not to.

Phicinfan

but why on earth would they ever do that? Multiple reasons not to.
Gotta agree here. Why? I simply don't see WDW paying to expand anything, not when IF they want more Marvel they don't take the multitude of properties out there they could.

Quite honestly, there are more Marvel teams they could get that aren't affiliated with Avengers. Just wait for the rumors to fly when the Fantastic Four join the MCU.....

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Gotta agree here. Why? I simply don't see WDW paying to expand anything, not when IF they want more Marvel they don't take the multitude of properties out there they could.

Quite honestly, there are more Marvel teams they could get that aren't affiliated with Avengers. Just wait for the rumors to fly when the Fantastic Four join the MCU.....
Agree...except fantastic four is on the nix list too

TikibirdLand

I was just thinking.... Disney seems to be repeating the same pattern with Avengers Campus as they did when they were offered Harry Potter Land; just minimal immersion and picking around the edges (i.e. Spiderman's TSMM). I'm sure Universal is glad they went all-in on WWoHP and it seems that JK Rowling couldn't be happier. No competition.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was just thinking.... Disney seems to be repeating the same pattern with Avengers Campus as they did when they were offered Harry Potter Land; just minimal immersion and picking around the edges (i.e. Spiderman's TSMM). I'm sure Universal is glad they went all-in on WWoHP and it seems that JK Rowling couldn't be happier. No competition.

there are a lot of Disney fans that have never gone to potterland that are trained to believe it to be inferior.

that’s sad because they would be shocked...and it would make us all more discerning Disney customers.

the only “mini-land” that comes close to a full sensory environment built by Disney since is Pandora...and that’s without a slam dunk IP.

disney can do better...but they are doing “measured investment” and the customer isn’t pushing them on it.

it’s very different when an exec walks into WDI and asks “what can you do?” As opposed to “what do we really Have to do?”

TikibirdLand

there are a lot of Disney fans that have never gone to potterland that are trained to believe it to be inferior.

that’s sad because they would be shocked...and it would make us all more discerning Disney customers.

the only “mini-land” that comes close to a full sensory environment built by Disney since is Pandora...and that’s without a slam dunk IP.

disney can do better...but they are doing “measured investment” and the customer isn’t pushing them on it.

it’s very different when an exec walks into WDI and asks “what can you do?” As opposed to “what do we really Have to do?”
DL has Carsland that, I believe is as immersive as WWoHP. We had a trip planned but you-know-what put an end to that, at least temporarily. Love watching youtube videos of RSR. And, love watching the lights turn on at dusk. Those really feel like you're in the movie.

And, then we get TS-Land... wow, just wow.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
DL has Carsland that, I believe is as immersive as WWoHP. We had a trip planned but you-know-what put an end to that, at least temporarily. Love watching youtube videos of RSR. And, love watching the lights turn on at dusk. Those really feel like you're in the movie.

carsland is very good...I wouldn’t put it on the level of wwohp (which opened the same time)...but a much better effort than most of what Disney has done since...including the aforementioned toy story punt.

what I like about Harry is the commitment that the management showed to it...it reminds me of Disney better management.

they did very detailed overlays...but in the interest of time and money at hogsmeade they repurposed old rides...the focus was on a single main attraction and the theming. Ok...no problem.

that worked and they went hard into Diagon. The theming/shops/food there are as good as anything Disney has EVER done. Added gringotts and the train which are both great.

but here’s what Disney won’t do...Comcast then Went back to IOA and added hagrids...an amazing ride...and just a straight up reinvestment. Didn’t have to go that far...but did anyway.

that’s really what saddens me about Disney. People go on threads to ask about expansion for fantasyland, toy story, Star Wars, Pandora, etc...
“What’s coming next? Phase 2?”

the answer is NOTHING. There will be no attempt to strengthen them...we keep paying and they have no desire. It’s really a 1:1 thing.

G00fyDad

I’m not sure if anyone actually knows??

but here’s what we believe to be out:

spideman and affiliates
Avengers and affiliates
Fantastic four
Xmen and all related properties.

that is the bulk of themepark appropriate marvel characters.

Don't count Disney's use of Marvel characters out too early. They still have this bad boy in the wings just waiting on his chance to shine. :)

R8d05ba8926f3e3d1228fbe4fc925967a.jpg

Little Green Men

We got Pandora just as good as Carsland and without any flat rides. They got Avengers campus to compete with TSL...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom