Jungle Cruise Update

TragicMike

We were talking about representation so I thought we were talking about realistic looking people. Sure, if we re throwing in settings and the 7 dwarves and the Mad Hatter that changes things. Lol

I’d love a Coco ride. As I’ve said in the past the changes need to start with the movies/ IP. But they re so far behind that instead it’s easier to remove stuff as opposed to balancing the representation that exists.
Representation, to me, means your cultured being recognized. For my little cousin it could be a Latina Princess, for a Childless Millennial such as myself, I would LOVE a little pueblo based off Coco if space/money wasn't an issue.

I'd also love a Coco ride, but I wouldn't want them, for example, to re-theme Big Thunder Mountain either. There needs to be a healthy balance. Unfortunately, with Splash Mountain Disney needed a quick fix.

SuddenStorm

I'd like to think I was best represented at Disneyland by this guy-

1622576920177.png

I mean, the dude was chilling enjoying a good meal. Talk about living life!

SuddenStorm

Lol I’m glad you put the version with the pig next to him.

I mean, I would have done his womanizing version but this line gave me pause, since I'm definitely not going to share a women I'm hoisting me colours on...

Oh I tell you true. It's alright to hoist me colours on the likes of that shy little wench! Favor, keep a weathered eye open, mateys. I be willing to share I be!

And I also don't care about a map that leads to treasure that's cursed.

So, it's the food for me. And my life is simpler because of it.

mickEblu

I mean, I would have done his womanizing version but this line gave me pause, since I'm definitely not going to share a women I'm hoisting me colours on...

And I also don't care about a map that leads to treasure that's cursed.

So, it's the food for me. And my life is simpler because of it.

lol I hear you.

On another note, “shy wench?” Kind of an oxymoron.

SuddenStorm

lol I hear you.

On another note, “shy wench?” Kind of an oxymoron.

I think in order to understand the 'shy wench' line, we have to dissect the entire spiel.

"Ah, shiver me soul. It's dead wore out I be. A mite too fast these light-footed wenches be for the likes of an old schwegbellied pirate such as I. Now where be that fascinating little old treasure, eh? Heave-to mateys! Say, have you set your eyes on the bewitched maiden in your travels? Oh she be a lively lassie she were. Oh I tell you true. It's alright to hoist me colours on the likes of that shy little wench! Favor, keep a weathered eye open, mateys. I be willing to share I be!"

It seems this particular pirate isn't wanted by the women in the town, and he isn't able to ahem keep up with them as they run away from him.

So in this case, I think he considers her shy because she's not interested in him, not because of her actually having as shy disposition.

mickEblu

I think in order to understand the 'shy wench' line, we have to dissect the entire spiel.

"Ah, shiver me soul. It's dead wore out I be. A mite too fast these light-footed wenches be for the likes of an old schwegbellied pirate such as I. Now where be that fascinating little old treasure, eh? Heave-to mateys! Say, have you set your eyes on the bewitched maiden in your travels? Oh she be a lively lassie she were. Oh I tell you true. It's alright to hoist me colours on the likes of that shy little wench! Favor, keep a weathered eye open, mateys. I be willing to share I be!"

It seems this particular pirate isn't wanted by the women in the town, and he isn't able to ahem keep up with them as they run away from him.

So in this case, I think he considers her shy because she's not interested in him, not because of her actually having as shy disposition.

Ah context is everything. Thanks for sharing. Haven’t heard that spiel in a very long time.

Professortango1

It also plays into the common harasser viewpoint of a woman being shy rather than not interested. Especially in those days where women couldn't be as blatant in their rejections.

George Lucas on a Bench

Of course, besides that brief exchange we clearly didn't matter and were merely invisible witnesses to the events of the ride, as riders would have been murdered by headshots from those armory pirates. We simply didn't matter or even exist. Exactly as I prefer Disney rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom