[Rumor] Rock n Roller Coaster Starring Olivia Rodrigo

Cmdr_Crimson

I'd rather have it with The Electric Mayhem..
6haH.gif

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Instead of a musical re-theme could they not re-theme to Iron heart giving a tie in with the upcoming D+ series ( unless that character is also under copyright with U/S).

Movielover

Aerosmith never fit in Hollywood Studios and a RnR's next theme should not be music-based.
Disney's MGM Studios was originally about all aspects of film production. This included post-production and music. One of the original attractions was all about adding sound in editing after filming was completed. This goes along with Soundtrack scoring. The Studios also had a full production studio for Radio Disney. Plus one of the original parking lots was named Music.

Point is it really does fit in with the studio and Sunset Blvd. It certainly fits better than a retheme to Cars or Monsters Inc.

Last edited:

_caleb

Disney's MGM Studios was originally about all aspects of film production. This included post-production and music. One of the original attracts was all about adding sound in editing after filming was completed. This goes along with Soundtrack scoring. The Studios also had a full production studio for Radio Disney. Plus one of the original parking lots was named Music.

Point is it really does fit in with the studio and Sunset Blvd. It certainly fits better than a retheme to Cars or Monsters Inc.
These are great points but I didn't mean a music theme was never appropriate. I should have separated my opinion into two:
1) Aerosmith was never a good fit (IMO) for a Disney park and
2) Moving forward, because Hollywood studios is whatever it is, the theme for RnR should not continue to be (again, IMO) music-based.

Movielover

1) Aerosmith was never a good fit (IMO) for a Disney park and
Totally understandable point of view. I personally enjoy them and would hate to see them go but your point is reasonable.

2) Moving forward, because Hollywood studios is whatever it is, the theme for RnR should not continue to be (again, IMO) music-based.
I still think it works for that area of the park, being set in the "real world" of L.A. and does provide a unique theme that is not repeated in the park. People love music and music will always be a part of movies.

Cmdr_Crimson

Totally understandable point of view. I personally enjoy them and would hate to see them go but your point is reasonable.

I still think it works for that area of the park, being set in the "real world" of L.A. and does provide a unique theme that is not repeated in the park. People love music and music will always be a part of movies.
Which.."in theroy" they should modernize Sunset Blvd like they did Ala Grand Avenue. It's mixture of 1930's asthetics need to go the wayside but still keep the abandoned hotel in the distant modern world...

Hello everyone!

My friend is an insider who works for Walt Disney World in Florida. My friend has reported to me that imagineers have been working to retheme the Rock n Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith at Disney's Hollywood Studios for a while, as Aerosmith is no longer as popular a band with as much mass appeal as it was at the time of the rides' debut in 1999. There have been a few ideas proposed, such as retheming the ride to one of various Pixar properties such as the door vaulter scene in Monsters, Inc. or the Incredibles. Many people who work for disney are proponents of the less expensive but still rather enduring concept of keeping the ride's current unique theme as a roller coaster themed to music, but switching out the featured musical act. Such plans have been in a state of general possibility for over a decade by now, during which time several artists (such as Paramore, Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars, and - for a brief period in 2010 - the cast of glee) have been proposed and contacted for the idea, although plans have never yet gone as far into the realm beyond the drawing board as they currently are.

Unless you have been living under a rock during the year 2021, you must be aware of ascendant pop icon Olivia Rodrigo. In a span of months, she has racked 2 Billboard Hot 100 #1 singles (the transcendent power ballad drivers license and pop-rock explosion good 4 u), which happens to be one more than Aerosmith have accrued in their decades-long career. Her debut studio album Sour, which was released on May 21, has held the highest US sales of any album in a week of this year with almost 300,000 units. Not only is her music extremely commercially successful, it is also very good (this is obviously subjective, but I like her music and so do most people I have talked to as well as critics). In genre, her music can be best described as at the center of a three way venn diagram between levitating bedroom balladry, unkempt psychadelic grunge, and uptempo pop-rock, although perhaps more instrumental to her musics success than the production is the lyrics and themes. She sings with honesty, specificity, and humor, conveying the abstract pangs of angst and heartbreak as a vivid image of the rebellion and sadness of youth.

In fact, Rodrigo has shined so brightly in the past few months it has been easy to forget the fact that she is a Disney Channel star like Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, and Selena Gomez before her, having starred in Bizaardvark and currently starring in High School Musical: The Musical: The Series. In fact, my insider friend has reported that Disney is trying to negotiate a contract with Rodrigo to allow the licensing of her solo music (which has been released by the label Geffen Records, the same label that has worked with Aerosmith) in the ride currently known as Rock n Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith, as well as to film an all-new pre-show starring Olivia herself. The plan is for the track layout to stay roughly the same, although plans have been thrown around for the space between the ride’s loading area and launch to be extended, accommodating for a new, slow-moving dark ride scene built around Rodrigo’s deceptively gentle but extremely powerful signature track drivers license. The more intense parts of the ride will be soundtracked by higher-octane tracks by Rodrigo such as brutal, deja vu, and good 4 u.

So, what do you think of these rumors? Would you like to see Aerosmith replaced with Olivia Rodrigo? Would you be sad to see Aerosmith go?
I've must have lived under a rock since I've never heard of her. Since I don't even like to ride this coaster any more since it jerks you to death, it really doesn't matter to me if they re-theme it or not.

Astro_Digital

Olivia Rodrigo, never heard of her. Listen to only Rock radio stations like Q107 and they do not play Olivia Rodrigo. If it happens, well great another reason to never go back to WDW.

Heppenheimer

Aerosmith never fit in Hollywood Studios and a RnR's next theme should not be music-based.
If the general theme of the area is LA/Hollywood, though, it does kind of fit, since that's where the music recording industry in the US has traditionally been based, particularly for rock music. Maybe a mock-up of the Capitol Records building could make the connection more specific.

_caleb

If the general theme of the area is LA/Hollywood, though, it does kind of fit, since that's where the music recording industry in the US has traditionally been based, particularly for rock music. Maybe a mock-up of the Capitol Records building could make the connection more specific.
Totally. I'm just not sure the general theme of Hollywood Studios (the Park) is still "LA/Hollywood." Other than the Indy show and the facade trees in the Star Tours (well, and the name of the park, I suppose), is anything in the DHS about making movies?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom