Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So, I have to dare to ask, are we now going to see people getting extra shots, or attempting to get extra vaccine shots, so they can enter one of these contests? I mean, I just came from the FP thread, people supposedly did all kinds of things to get extra FP, and that was just to skip a 20minute wait.

People will do all kinds of crazy things to win prizes.

I predict it is just a matter of time....
We‘ve got plenty of doses 🤭🥴🤪

GoofGoof

Premium Member
As of today, West Virginia has reached 50% of the total population having received at least one dose, with 40.6% being fully vaccinated. For the 12+ category (everyone who is eligible), it is at 57.5% with at least one shot and 46.7% fully vaccinated. And for the 65+ group (highest risk), it is at 83.2% with at least one shot and 73.6% fully vaccinated. Good stuff!
Savings bonds are working 😀

DCBaker

Premium Member
Current Florida vaccine report -

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 2.39.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 2.40.28 PM.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member
We also don't know if the peaks would have been the same or even lower without the lockdowns.
Without a time machine to go back and do it a different way there‘s no way of knowing either way. That’s why it’s kinda pointless to focus on at this point. All we can do is move forward, continue with vaccinations which we know without any doubt are both safe and effective and move forward with a return to normal. There will be time in the future to look back and study the different approaches taken, but that’s largely an academic debate where nobody will likely agree with the conclusions anyway.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member

sullyinMT

My new favorite quote, from an unknown to me punk band's front man:

“Perhaps put together a Go-Fund-Me and all the other weirdo anti-vaxers can help support you going to Teenage Bottlerocket for a thousand dollars. That’s always an option,” Carlisle said. 😆😆 Well played, sir.

BrianLo

I can't think of any logical way cases would have been lower without lockdown.

Easy, just stop testing for it!

But seriously, we do know it worked. It’s not a maybe. All evidence points to the messy and problematic restrictions helped significantly. Whether people still want to live in la-la land about it is up to them.

I’m just glad the vaccines were the way out, like we always said. And not some random let-it rip policy. Or worse, ignore it and hope it goes away.

dolbyman

Remember when us Canadian's were begging to get vaccines, and we were so upset cause we were so far behind?

Happy to report my provinces current rates (through an actual reporter, this is not my tweet):

Waiting for my second one, according to the health records I should be due before or latest 7/20 ... gogogo Fraser health !

Hope by August/September we have an estimate when we can cross the border again without weeks of quarantine.

drizgirl

oh I don’t disagree...

but I think the reason is because they held out long enough to get the “shields” up...and that’s still with a bunch of blunders...

and that was probably the whole point. Just to buy time and get the distribution system some time.

we have two schools of thought in all these debates:
1. Adults are “adults” and you should tell them everything
2. Humans are animals...and they’re stupid.

guess which school I have a PhD in?
There's little doubt.

Jrb1979

View attachment 560374

Having to do ridiculous things like that makes me think 70% isn't happening. Just accept good enough as good enough and accept Covid will continue in many pockets for awhile.

Easy, just stop testing for it!

But seriously, we do know it worked. It’s not a maybe. All evidence points to the messy and problematic restrictions helped significantly. Whether people still want to live in la-la land about it is up to them.

I’m just glad the vaccines were the way out, like we always said. And not some random let-it rip policy. Or worse, ignore it and hope it goes away.
The evidence on lockdowns is inconclusive. For every legit study that shows correlation there is a legit study that shows the opposite. It will take years of analysis to figure out whether the lockdown experiment worked

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Having to do ridiculous things like that makes me think 70% isn't happening. Just accept good enough as good enough and accept Covid will continue in many pockets for awhile.
CA is at 69.1% of adults with one shot. If I were a betting man I’d take the over on 70% 😎

Is it upsetting to you to see the US get more people vaccinated? Will you be disappointed when the country hits 70% of adults with 1 shot? You seem angry and bitter every time anyone discusses any efforts being made to get more people vaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom