Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Honestly, It does not look appetizing to me man. The only one I might, might, try is the breakfast one. That one does not look too bad but the normal one just looks blah to me.

mickEblu

I never had Shawarma but just because it is an option I would for sure try it. I think its a good idea to include it. I don't get the appeal of the ronto wraps. its a hot dog in a tortilla essentially. looks gross to me.

It’s more like a skinny hot link in Greek flatbread with coleslaw and some sort of roasted pork. It’s pretty good. The pork doesn’t really do anything for me though.

mickEblu

Is there a type you would recommend?

You can usually get chicken or beef. Shawarma has kind of fallen out of rotation for me in the last decade. Let me stew on this. There was a place near CSUN I used to like a lot- Pita Pockets but I think I usually got the lamb/ beef gyro there stuffed in a huge laffa with fries, pickles, hummus and a bunch of veggies. I think when it comes to shawarma I prefer chicken. If I’m in the mood for lamb/ beef I’d rather just get a gyro. Not a fan of some of the spices that are used on Beef Shawarma sometimes. Chicken shawarma I did a lot at Middle Eastern festivals. Also some hole in the walls in the I.E. when I was with one of my ex girlfriends out there in Rancho Cucamonga. Man, she was geographically undesirable. How many speeding tickets I got on the 210.

There’s a place in Tarzana called Cafe Du Libnan that makes a mean chicken wrap. It’s not shawarma but it’s grilled chicken, pickles, tomatoes, garlic sauce etc wrapped in a pita that is crisped to perfection. Better than any shawarma I’ve ever had. The dad ( who used to make them for me) has been having health issues the last few years so hopefully the kids that are taking over carry the torch. The few times I’ve had them since they were close but no cigar. Still very good though.

Last edited:

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

You can usually get chicken or beef. Shawarma has kind of fallen out of rotation for me in the last decade. Let me stew on this. There was a place near CSUN I used to like a lot- Pita Pockets but I think I usually got the lamb/ beef gyro there stuffed in a huge laffa with fries, pickles, hummus and a bunch of veggies. I think when it comes to shawarma I prefer chicken. If I’m in the mood for lamb/ beef I’d rather just get a gyro. Not a fan of some of the spices that are used on Beef Shawarma sometimes. Chicken shawarma I did a lot at Middle Eastern festivals. Also some hole in the walls in the I.E. when I was with one of my ex girlfriends out there in Rancho Cucamonga. Man, she was geographically undesirable. How many speeding tickets I got on the 210.

There’s a place in Tarzana called Cafe Du Libnan that makes a mean chicken wrap. It’s not shawarma but it’s grilled chicken, pickles, tomatoes, garlic sauce etc wrapped in a pita that is crisped to perfection. Better than any shawarma I’ve ever had. The dad ( who used to make them for me) has been having health issues the last few years so hopefully the kids that are taking over carry the torch. The few times I’ve had them since they were close but no cigar. Still very good though.
Appreciate your point of view

mickEblu

How is it not immersive? This idea that themed entertainment isn’t supposed to be immersive is so silly.

Im pretty sure he means in the hyper immersive, Galaxies Edge sense of the word. Less emphasis on being “immersed” and sticking to strict timelines and more of an emphasis on just adding something because it is fun or pleasing to the guests. But you knew that.

lazyboy97o

Im pretty sure he means in the hyper immersive, Galaxies Edge sense of the word. Less emphasis on being “immersed” and sticking to strict timelines and more of an emphasis on just adding something because it is fun or pleasing to the guests. But you knew that.
Except it’s not really different except in it being publicized and people deciding they don’t like something they liked before.

This stand has a backstory that fits it into the specific timeline of the Marvel theme park continuity.

Last edited:

CaptinEO

But how does it being fun relate to immersion? There is a binder on Flower Street that spells out a whole backstory and how this stand build the immersion of the land.
I don't think we're on the same page at all here.

Star Wars Land is "immersive" to the point where it doesn't want you to know you're in the world of Star Wars.

Seeing Comic Books and Action figured inside Avengers Land is a huge plus for me. It shows they aren't afraid to have fun. And unlike Star Wars Land, they aren't ignoring the source material in the name of "immersion".

mickEblu

But how does it being fun relate to immersion? There is a binder on Flower Street that spells out a whole backstory and how this stand build the immersion of the land.

They re not mutually exclusive. They included a Shawarma cart that looks like it could be in NY somewhere and that is decorated with comic book stuff even though it doesn’t necessarily make sense within the context Avengers Campus. They wouldn’t do that Galaxies Edge.

CaptinEO

They re not mutually exclusive. They included a Shawarma cart that looks like it could be in NY somewhere and that is decorated with comic book stuff even though it doesn’t necessarily make sense within the context Avengers Campus. They wouldn’t do that Galaxies Edge.
Yep, GE is so set on someone "living in the real world of Star Wars" that it misses the point of Star Wars entirely, which is fun characters, creatures, action, music, and fairy tale like stories.

Disney Analyst

I don't think we're on the same page at all here.

Star Wars Land is "immersive" to the point where it doesn't want you to know you're in the world of Star Wars.

Seeing Comic Books and Action figured inside Avengers Land is a huge plus for me. It shows they aren't afraid to have fun. And unlike Star Wars Land, they aren't ignoring the source material in the name of "immersion".

I will say, I think in the Avengers universe, the figures and comics are in theme - they are famous in that universe. That stuff exists.

So it’s totally fun, but also accurate and immersive. IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom