News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

drizgirl

Right. And our insiders let us know when budgets have been cut. But they're not saying that now.

Also, Disney can make more money by dropping COVID protocols, and they're not.

Just look at FotLK. When people heard that there were no tumble monkeys and aerialist acts, they said "cost-cutting." But, those were the two acts in which the CMs touched one another. Clearly a COVID protocol thing. Plus, the CMs who are the aerialists weren't cut. They're still there and dancing, but not doing the aerial act which requires them to touch each other. Disney is still paying them. Such a change couldn't be done for the tumble monkeys. So... it wasn't cost-cutting at all. But the true believers still proclaim it was cost-cutting despite insiders telling them it wasn't.

Does anyone believe that Disney doesn't want all their restaurants open and packed with people? That would make them a ton of money. And yet, restaurants are still following COVID protocols, which means Disney is losing money by following those protocols... which they don't have to (because... Florida). Is keeping restaurants closed and at 25% capacity an example of "cost cutting"?
Cost cutting from what though? There is no "normal".

I didn't say it's all about cost cutting. Just saying I have a suspicion it's part of the equation. In things like opening more services and parking lot trams and the like.

peter11435

Have you been in the Emporium or World of Disney on a weekend night????? or Holiday????
Yes. And there is signage throughout indicating 6 foot distancing and ground markings for checkout queues are six feet apart. Additionally open registers are spaced at least 6 feet apart. I’m not saying guests always following those guidelines and markings but it is the intent.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
That's why I can't even imagine going right now. Even if you believe you don't have anything to worry about with COVID, I just cannot fathom spending the same thousands and thousands of dollars to be there to get such a truncated experience.
Interesting. Our take after our trip this past week was that we never could have gotten so much done without the current capacity caps, in large part because the evenings were so quiet that it was like 3 hours of EMH every night. I think people rope dropping would have a very different experience, the parks are slammed at opening rn.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I will add that I am assuming and hoping this is a pandemic related problem driven in part by lack of staffing and lack of open restaurants. It did not seem to be as big of an issue at breakfast and dinner.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Because of the way the mobile order works, If you try to order lunch at noon at many restaurants you will get food at 1:30. If you want to eat at noon you need to order it much earlier and schedule what you want and where you will be when you want it. It’s a PITA.
Is this a new problem? I never had an issue pre-covid

Chomama

Is this a new problem? I never had an issue pre-covid
Yes for sure. It has been getting worse since last summer as they increase park capacity. We waited up to 45 mins for food at several Qs restaurants. It’s really unacceptable and one of our biggest frustrations with Disney parks right now. Getting food is just not easy, even with trying to make reservations 60 days in advance. It stinks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom