Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

seascape

The US number is 12 with just 4 states above 20. Even Michigan is under 30 now and Florida 17, Plus 18 states including NJ are now in single digits. Yes, NJ is down to just 8 cases and shows how well the vaccinations are solving this problem. Even better there are 6 more states at 10 and 6 at 11. In other words we are days a week away from over half the country being in single digits.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You mean to tell me that when a President speaks (or tweets), more people listen to him or her than when anyone else speaks or tweets? It’s almost as though it is an important, powerful position that should be filled by only the most-qualified, level-headed individuals.

Kanye for President!
Boy...you’re sure “sassafras” today...

( I love it...fire away 👍🏻 )

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The biggest culprit for politicizing everything is the news media IMO

the media is money driven...which every old, respected news person says is the problem.

guess what companies that run theme parks in California and Florida contribute to that???

But...blaming the media is the standard tactic for the worst of politicians...who are on the ego trip/money take and Don’t even bother to hide it anymore. But then they tell you what you see isn’t what you see. Don’t help them.

corsairk09

"maybe more people in the south are just scared of SCIENCE and EDUCATION?"

Yup.... just a bunch of dumb-dumb rednecks down here. :rolleyes: How our COVID positivity rate continues to match the super smart people up North and out West must be just luck.

Kudos to the North West. Zero new cases from places like Idaho and Kansas! Hope to see that continue.

Dumb Dumb Alabama only had 24 new cases.... but can't give them any credit. ;)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Not a fan - but the administration itself was fairly pro-vaccine. One can distrust Fauci/CDC/WHO and also be pro-vaccine - these things aren’t mutually exclusive. Didn’t the former POTUS tell his supporters “get the vaccine?” Unfortunately his run-of-the-mill supporters have been the primary ones spreading misinformation, and I haven’t figured out why people politicized it.
The problem wasn’t being anti-vaccine, the problem was the downplaying of the severity of covid. They spent months telling people Covid was a political weapon used against him and was being over hyped by the mainstream media. Part of that downplaying was the narrative that Covid is no big deal unless you are old or very sick. You can’t tell people for the better part of a year that Covid is no big deal unless you are old and then expect the same young people to run out and get a vaccine because you said it in one TV interview, especially when you got the vaccine yourself and hid that fact from the public. The reason that base of people are so starkly anti-vaccine is that they are holding on to the narrative that the pandemic was exaggerated to benefit the other side politically. Getting the vaccine would be admitting that Covid is actually a problem. Lots of people won’t give up that fight.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

The good news is...this isn’t getting political at all 🤥
Funny how the reality seem to be playing out exactly how the polls predicted, but when a poll tells you something that doesn‘t fit your narrative you just claim polls can’t be trusted.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Funny how the reality seem to be playing out exactly how the polls predicted, but when a poll tells you something that doesn‘t fit your narrative you just claim polls can’t be trusted.
...ain’t that a B?

I’ve always thought the main flaw of the Declaration of Independence is the phrase “...but all brains are NOT created equal” should have been added after the first sentence.

you gotta think Jefferson is still kicking himself 🤔

Incomudro

Thank you for supporting my point. She said she trusts scientists, not 45. Anyone should trust a scientist over a non-scientist President on issues of science. I still look to scientists for information on Covid, not 46. He’s only recounting what he hears from an expert. I go to the source.
Her implication was that she wouldn't take "President Trump's" vaccine.
She blurred the lines as politicians often do, but that was exactly the message she wanted to get across.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yup.... just a bunch of dumb-dumb rednecks down here. :rolleyes: How our COVID positivity rate continues to match the super smart people up North and out West must be just luck.

Kudos to the North West. Zero new cases from places like Idaho and Kansas! Hope to see that continue.

Dumb Dumb Alabama only had 24 new cases.... but can't give them any credit. ;)

that’s NOT what I’m saying...not tossing the baby with the water.

what I’m saying is there’s a proportionally higher percentage of the adult population following the talking picture box and the Disgraced, loser of a clown.

that’s the numbers...the vaccine numbers...it’s not debatable now that the data is reported. It’s not an opinion poll...which from the start with covid was the problem.
Because it never was an opinion poll.

take the vaccines to get the stuff you want (not “you”...but you get the point)...instead of just whining about getting the stuff.
Big boy/girl thinking time.

and just to debunk next years false excuse: if people don’t get it...and don’t die/get sick...that didn’t make them right. It just means nature isn’t perfect.

havoc315

So I've been watching both the vaccine numbers and case numbers in New York, being I live there.

Upstate New York has been mostly slower to vaccinate than downstate. With a couple exceptions including Tompkin's county, home of Cornell University and Ithaca College. This educated community is heavily vaccinated, and students and faculty are regularly tested.

Population of the country is only about 100,000. 71% of adults are vaccinated, about 62% of the total population is at least partially vaccinated.

Yesterday's case numbers from Tompkins county: Population of just 100,000 but did 5,602 tests. Yes, 5% of the county, tested every day. Total positive: 1. (Many other days, they test up to 10,000).
1 out of 100,000 positive.
So with 5,000-10,000 tests per day, over the last week: They have been averaging 7 per day. A positivity rate of about 00.1%.
Most of those cases are asymptomatic.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So I've been watching both the vaccine numbers and case numbers in New York, being I live there.

Upstate New York has been mostly slower to vaccinate than downstate. With a couple exceptions including Tompkin's county, home of Cornell University and Ithaca College. This educated community is heavily vaccinated, and students and faculty are regularly tested.

Population of the country is only about 100,000. 71% of adults are vaccinated, about 62% of the total population is at least partially vaccinated.

Yesterday's case numbers from Tompkins county: Population of just 100,000 but did 5,602 tests. Yes, 5% of the county, tested every day. Total positive: 1. (Many other days, they test up to 10,000).
1 out of 100,000 positive.
So with 5,000-10,000 tests per day, over the last week: They have been averaging 7 per day. A positivity rate of about 00.1%.
Most of those cases are asymptomatic.

so basically the vaccines are working??

damn!! Why didn’t anyone go on channel 352 and tell me that?!? 😡

havoc315

so basically the vaccines are working??

damn!! Why didn’t anyone go on channel 352 and tell me that?!? 😡

New York has made plenty of mistakes, but the wisest thing they have done in Covid is ramping up surveillance testing. Tompkins county is extreme -- testing 5-10% of the population daily. But through the state, even with cases dropping, New York is testing 200,000, 1% of the population, per day.
This helps to identify asymptomatic cases -- contact trace, isolate and prevent further outbreaks.

I'm more concerned about parts of the country that haven't bothered to set up surveillance testing.

ImperfectPixie

I don’t remember that being said. Not to say it wasn’t because both sides were playing stupid dangerous games. One side was it’s nothing and the other was we are all gonna die and the media ate it up and helped create the line of belief
India is proof that those saying it was going to be bad were right. We're fortunate in America in that state leaders did what was necessary to prevent that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom