News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

Touchdown

He is the source .......

As far as the party goes, we’ll we heard a while ago that they were planned to return in a modified format, which is what it is. And with the added likelihood of fireworks it becomes more exciting to some at least.
A 3 hour event starting at 9 is not going to have fireworks, it takes an hour to clear the lands after close, and Main Street stays open for at least 30 min after close so 90 min to clear Main Street of non DAH guests. Ergo the earliest fireworks would happen for the event is 10:30 which is way too late. Regular fireworks for DAH and normal guests are possible this fall but not special DAH fireworks.

nickys

Premium Member
A 3 hour event starting at 9 is not going to have fireworks, it takes an hour to clear the lands after close, and Main Street stays open for at least 30 min after close so 90 min to clear Main Street of non DAH guests. Ergo the earliest fireworks would happen for the event is 10:30 which is way too late. Regular fireworks for DAH and normal guests are possible this fall but not special DAH fireworks.
If fireworks are returning this summer then I don’t see them deciding that there will be no fireworks on “party” / Boo DAH nights.

I’m not following your suggestion about timing, but I’m pretty sure fireworks will happen at some point on these nights, whether as part of the Boo event or before regular guests get cleared.

ToTBellHop

If fireworks are returning this summer then I don’t see them deciding that there will be no fireworks on “party” / Boo DAH nights.

I’m not following your suggestion about timing, but I’m pretty sure fireworks will happen at some point on these nights, whether as part of the Boo event or before regular guests get cleared.
It would be during “regular“ hours. There are options to play around with. It is obvious that the 9:30 pm party starts during the early weeks are to accommodate this. Why do it, otherwise? Needlessly paying CMs to stay an extra 30 min is not their MO.

monothingie

I ❤️ Bob
Premium Member
Universal Studios Orlando has had fireworks and nighttime entertainment since February. With no apparent calamities, disasters, and civil unrest.

You can bet USO will have something for July 4th.

I doubt the Covid situation is vastly different by the 10 miles separating the two locations, so it begs the following question:

Is TDO (select one or more of the following): incompetent, scared of its own shadow, doesn’t care about guests, cheap, doesn’t know how to drive from WDW to USO to see how they’re doing things?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Universal Studios Orlando has had fireworks and nighttime entertainment since February. With no apparent calamities, disasters, and civil unrest.

I doubt the Covid situation is vastly different by the 10 miles separating the two locations, so it begs the following question:

Is TDO (select one or more of the following): incompetent, scared of its own shadow, doesn’t care about guests, cheap, doesn’t know how to drive from WDW to USO to see how they’re doing things?
I'm going with cheap

nickys

Premium Member

Just ultra cautious IMO.

But it seems things are moving fast now.

monothingie

I ❤️ Bob
Premium Member
I'm going with cheap
Honestly at Disney you need to have multiple committees review where to place something as trivial as a new water fountain, whereas USO leaves a lot of discretion to lower levels of the organization. That’s why USO can do things so much faster and be more responsive than Disney. I just think when you have 7 dozen executives making decisions, nothing gets done fast or efficiently or correctly.

monothingie

I ❤️ Bob
Premium Member
I honestly don’t think Disney care what Universal are doing, That was clear right at the beginning of re-opening.

And honestly, I’d rather they were cautious.
Honestly if they truly wanted to be cautious just close everything down until whenever all risk is eliminated.

But they didn’t do that They’ll happily continue to charge you all full price for a watered down experience.

Jrb1979

I honestly don’t think Disney care what Universal are doing, That was clear right at the beginning of re-opening.

And honestly, I’d rather they were cautious.
I would agree with you if this was back in summer of last year. When other parks are offering full night time shows and full Halloween events, it doesn't look good on Disney. To me the worst part is for some reason many are ok will lesser options for full price product.

nickys

Premium Member
I would agree with you if this was back in summer of last year. When other parks are offering full night time shows and full Halloween events, it doesn't look good on Disney. To me the worst part is for some reason many are ok will lesser options for full price product.
Luckily, I am spared trying to decide whether paying the same for a lesser experience. As of course are a large number of AP holders too.

jrhwdw

Also, what's to test? MK isn't getting a new show, right? Admittedly I don't know much about running fireworks shows, but if it's an automated program, and the program hasn't changed, it doesn't seem like you'd need very much testing.
Well there is the rumored 50th Tag coming to HEA when the 50th starts. Again, rumor, nothing form WDW.
As much as the “COVID bros” don’t like it we are incredibly close to returning to normal and removing all restrictions.
COVID Bros?
Later

Middle of the night / early morning.

That news didn’t come from me. No reason to associate what I say with that.

I am the source. Would like to think I’m a reliable one at that. But if you want confirmation, just go door to door of everyone that lives slightly north of Magic Kingdom, ask if they’re a light sleeper, and see if they have been woken up by fireworks in the past few weeks.
Have they been small/not nosy pyro? We, at least I haven't seen anything on Twitter of Notices going out to the Monorail Resorts informing sleeping guests of the testing?
Thank you for the explanation.
But why July specifically? Is there a particular reason to give a month for a probable return of the fireworks ?
I saw Disney is currently hiring a fireworks designer.

Yes, its Seasonal this time. It was a Principal Designer a while ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom