News Blue and gold color scheme arrives at the Transportation and Ticket Center

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
We likely have some discussion on this in the 50th thread, but I think it is deserving of its own thread at this point.

Magic-Kingdom_Full_41826.jpg

ImperfectPixie

Is there still some work to be done to make the destination more prominent? As it stands it’s hard to read in a photo, and I imagine even harder in the sun!
It looks like it...there looks to be some sort of goop or tape on the letters (it's hard to tell). Whether the goop will be removed to reveal what the letters actually look like, or whether cut aluminum/acrylic or whatever letters go over it, I'm not sure.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The signage should have been chucked in the trash. The Transportation and Ticket Center needs a singular visual identity, not more paint that doesn’t really match.

True. It needs its own identity. Maybe THE Zach Riddley can call upon the immense powers of ingenuity and brilliance the Imagineers possess and come up with a backstory and some brilliant storytelling techniques for the TTC!!

The blue and gold paint scheme looks... kind of nice. Can’t lie. Maybe the purple has been there for sooooooo long that this feels like an improvement.

ImperfectPixie

True. It needs its own identity. Maybe THE Zach Riddley can call upon the immense powers of ingenuity and brilliance the Imagineers possess and come up with a backstory and some brilliant storytelling techniques for the TTC!!

The blue and gold paint scheme looks... kind of nice. Can’t lie. Maybe the purple has been there for sooooooo long that this feels like an improvement.
It definitely looks more grown up...which is a welcome change. Purple is my favorite color, but it's use on Disney signs and buses wasn't great (plus it leaned too red for my taste).

ImperfectPixie

The purple was purposeful, actually. I believe something about research showing the sign letters showed up better against it.
Of course it was purposeful...and I'm not surprised at the research. That still doesn't mean they were using the best and most attractive color combinations.

The yellow letters on the red background used on some of the directional signs on property has always been a head-scratcher to me - there's not enough contrast between the two.

Parker in NYC

I really hope they don't touch the road signs. Wait, what am I thinking? That would actually require a lot of work.

dreday3

I have no recollection of what it looked like before (we are rarely at TTC), so looks fine to me! Although Epcot seems a little hard to see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom