Trip Report If At First You Don't Succeed...*COMPLETED*

Well we're trying again.

Easter week at WDW.

Not my favorite week to visit but when your travel buddy is a teacher, you make the sacrifice. Except this year it doesn't feel like a sacrifice. The loss of our Easter 2020 vacation (thanks to COVID) was harder than I expected. I’m excited to have the chance for a do-over!

Of course the plans we had in 2020 aren't the same for 2021. We'll have no Fastpasses to skip the long lines. There will be no turkey sammie for lunch at Be Our Guest or All-American Sundae from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. No fireworks to conclude our Disney days. And we'll be staying at a different resort.

But that's all okay....there's still fun to be had! And thanks to the credit we received from last year's cancellation, most of our trip is already paid.

I have to give David's Vacation Club Rentals props. Eighteen months ago I'd signed a "no refunds" contract for our 2020 points rental, figuring it was a low-risk gamble. When the pandemic happened and WDW closed, we considered our monies lost ~ disappointing for sure, but understanding that was the result of the risk we took. After all, David's is a business which would also lose money from this pandemic. Legally they did not have to do anything for us. Yet I received a travel voucher for the full amount we paid.

I hope to report live on the adventures of Tuvalu and Em beginning next Sunday. Time will tell if I succeed. ;)

3D585BEC-14E4-4156-9423-5BCD6271BEF2.jpeg

(Must have been a Callan photo shoot. :hilarious:)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I've ridden front, middle and back of SM vehicles. That rear seat is definitely the most intense. I know where all the abrupt stops are in the ride (I love that ride! :joyfull: ), so if I'm on a rear seat, I just lean forward a smidge for a few seconds before the stop, so that my back won't smash back from the impact. Works like a charm!

This was so funny! :p But, considering all the times I've seen that silly moving platform broken down (and people having to walk up it instead of riding), I can understand how they had to put spacers on it. ;)
My favorite Space Mtn spot is in front, always found it fast and smooth. Like you, I know both tracks very well but yesterday I was in senior moment mode and forgot to prep for the stops! :in pain:

It’s so great to be able to ride up that darn Peoplemover escalator instead of walking! It had been stationary for a long time.

OMG! I love his t-shirt! Moving Park Benches (2.0)!! :hilarious: He was brilliant to recognize the concept from the WDW Railroad cars also applied nicely to the People Mover!
He wore the shirt in protest that the original MPB is still closed, after nearly three years! 😉😆

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Also, last summer some NY political genius (an oxymoron I know) decided it would be more prudent to buy a gazillion cones to place in every other parking space at the beach rather than hiring a living person and paying them to work instead of sit on their tuckas at home (I digress), all in the name of physical distancing.
Anyhoo, this is what my boys thought of that...
C77540AD-0536-452E-AF05-47DA0BA171D8.jpeg

Reminds me of The People Mover everytime. And if I sit still and don’t work, it REALLY reminds me of the People Mover!😂😂😉

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Also, last summer some NY political genius (an oxymoron I know) decided it would be more prudent to buy a gazillion cones to place in every other parking space at the beach rather than hiring a living person and paying them to work instead of sit on their tuckas at home (I digress), all in the name of physical distancing.
Anyhoo, this is what my boys thought of that...
View attachment 552943
Reminds me of The People Mover everytime. And if I sit still and don’t work, it REALLY reminds me of the People Mover!😂😂😉
Try attaching again. The glitch is back (happened to me EVERY POST yesterday. 😡)

Laurenciaa

Peoplemover is calling my name.

Are we expected to stand here? 🤔

View attachment 552729

Kinda hard to do when the escalator is moving.

View attachment 552730

I do not see Orange Cone. However it is apparent that not much refurbishment (if any) was done to the actual trains. Peeling paint, squeaky parts and dirty floors were in the cars we sat in.

Woody on the MPB 2.0

View attachment 552733

We only took off our masks for a few seconds.

View attachment 552731
I am convinced someone took orange cone away just to keep our detective skills on point :p

Minnesota disney fan

Whatever happened to "No shoes, no shirt, no service" ? Anywhere that there are edible items for sale should be a mandated shoe venue!! I do remember taking a picture in Dublin at the hotel restaurant of a woman's feet because she had taken her shoes off. I understand wanting to relax on your vacation, and you're feet are tired and probably in pain, but I'm trying to enjoy my vacation, too, and the last thing I want to worry about is smelling your stinky feet that's going to make my food taste like....feet! Or worrying about picking up some illness because you kicked your shoes off and put your feet up on the chair across from you. It's just gross! You're grandson totally should have said something to this woman...I would think it would be a health code violation!
I agree he should have said something. He is normally not shy about rules and regs. He had a couple thrown out and barred from the restaurant for stealing tips and being rude and belligerent with the staff. I think maybe they were ready to leave when he finally saw where it was coming from, otherwise, I know he would have told her to put her shoes back on. I don't know what gets into some people! Ick.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom